Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins Vs Chargers Postgame

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Skins over Chargers who gets your game ball?
Young 14 17.07%
Garcon 58 70.73%
Griffin 2 2.44%
Morris 7 8.54%
other 1 1.22%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2013, 04:17 PM   #166
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 27
Posts: 15,994
Re: Redskins Vs Chargers Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
why would you franchise him? Hall wants to be here, we have leverage.
I wouldn't necessarily franchise him, but he's playing his way into it.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-05-2013, 04:38 PM   #167
Impact Rookie
 
Skinzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 864
Re: Redskins Vs Chargers Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Garcon is now a guy who brings it every week? Maybe he just showed up at the wrong place last week.

He was the most dependable receiving target in this game (Saved RG3's bacon twice), and I think that's why he deserves a game ball for that performance, but I think he needs to play like this more often (obviously not 7/172, but 5/80 pretty much every week). When you are the highest paid player on the team, I don't think that's too much to ask.
When the QB is struggling, that makes it pretty difficult. And RG3 has struggled in the passing game more often than not this year. When RG3 has been on, so has Pierre for the most part. Plus he does bring it in the run game as well. Better than most WR's in that aspect. Our run game would not be as good without WR's blocking, and he is willing to do that.
Skinzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:45 PM   #168
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 13,753
Re: Redskins Vs Chargers Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Garcon is now a guy who brings it every week? Maybe he just showed up at the wrong place last week.

He was the most dependable receiving target in this game (Saved RG3's bacon twice), and I think that's why he deserves a game ball for that performance, but I think he needs to play like this more often (obviously not 7/172, but 5/80 pretty much every week). When you are the highest paid player on the team, I don't think that's too much to ask.
I think Garcon brings it every week, but the passing game in general isnt. Kyle, RG3, lack of other receivers and the biggest issue, Oline, have had problems. I think Garcon is that reciever who could be 100 yards receiving per game.

And no way would I franchise Hall, too likely to fall back into old habits. I want him back, but not at that price tag. Dont know if i give crazy money to Talib though and I think that's where we are heading...
__________________
“Nobody’s going to be handed a job; not my standpoint, and I know Jay feels that way and I know Bruce feels the same way. You have to earn it. That’s what the NFL is about. Prove to me that you deserve to be on the field,’ and that’s the way it has to be in the NFL.”- McC
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:47 PM   #169
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 27
Posts: 15,994
Re: Redskins Vs Chargers Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
When the QB is struggling, that makes it pretty difficult. And RG3 has struggled in the passing game more often than not this year. When RG3 has been on, so has Pierre for the most part. Plus he does bring it in the run game as well. Better than most WR's in that aspect. Our run game would not be as good without WR's blocking, and he is willing to do that.
Garcon is an excellent blocker and really helps a lot in our run schemes.

But you don't think Garcon shoulders any blame whatsoever for RG3's struggles? I don't agree with that.

Garcon is clearly one of the two best receivers on this team and needs to be on the field 80% or more of offensive snaps. But I also think that to some degree, the percentage of offense that relies on Garcon is something that needs to be addressed in the offseason.

I think the reality of the situation is that there are a numbers of factors holding back the passing offense: pass protection, Griffin's development, and inconsistent receiver play.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #170
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 27
Posts: 15,994
Re: Redskins Vs Chargers Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I think Garcon brings it every week, but the passing game in general isnt. Kyle, RG3, lack of other receivers and the biggest issue, Oline, have had problems. I think Garcon is that reciever who could be 100 yards receiving per game.

And no way would I franchise Hall, too likely to fall back into old habits. I want him back, but not at that price tag. Dont know if i give crazy money to Talib though and I think that's where we are heading...
I'm probably not giving Bruce Allen enough credit to get Hall extended at a reasonable contract value, but I can't think of a compelling reason to offer a multi-year contract. Someone else is going to, however.

Garcon has brought it a total of twice this year. We've relied on him to be a no. 1 guy every time we take the field. The difference in how our offense performs when Garcon is winning his matchup vs how it performs when he isn't is staggering.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #171
Impact Rookie
 
Evilgrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 846
Re: Redskins Vs Chargers Postgame

Garcon is a good receiver, but sometimes he relies too much on longer routes to get open.

Talent is a big issue on this team, and will be for at least the rest of this season.

Still glad Griffin is being forced to do things he isn't comfortable with. Vick never learned to become a pocket passer.
__________________
Bruce Allen “We’re winning off the field,”

Redskins #2 In Revenue Per Year!
Evilgrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:03 PM   #172
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 13,753
Re: Redskins Vs Chargers Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I'm probably not giving Bruce Allen enough credit to get Hall extended at a reasonable contract value, but I can't think of a compelling reason to offer a multi-year contract. Someone else is going to, however.

Garcon has brought it a total of twice this year. We've relied on him to be a no. 1 guy every time we take the field. The difference in how our offense performs when Garcon is winning his matchup vs how it performs when he isn't is staggering.
Ive listed out the problems of the passing game, I dont look at Garcon performance and say he is a contributing factor in the failure of it. Oline, erractic RG3, etc... Look, next year I have Hankerson and Garcon on the field at receiver, no one else, thats a problem for the passing game as well.
__________________
“Nobody’s going to be handed a job; not my standpoint, and I know Jay feels that way and I know Bruce feels the same way. You have to earn it. That’s what the NFL is about. Prove to me that you deserve to be on the field,’ and that’s the way it has to be in the NFL.”- McC
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:12 PM   #173
Impact Rookie
 
Skinzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 864
Re: Redskins Vs Chargers Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Garcon is an excellent blocker and really helps a lot in our run schemes.

But you don't think Garcon shoulders any blame whatsoever for RG3's struggles? I don't agree with that.

Garcon is clearly one of the two best receivers on this team and needs to be on the field 80% or more of offensive snaps. But I also think that to some degree, the percentage of offense that relies on Garcon is something that needs to be addressed in the offseason.

I think the reality of the situation is that there are a numbers of factors holding back the passing offense: pass protection, Griffin's development, and inconsistent receiver play.
Why would I blame Garcon for RG3's struggles? A lot of the time this season, RG3 has flat out missed open receivers (most notably, the Cowboys and Broncos games). Missing the offseason and preseason has a lot to do with that. I think if he can get in that offseason work, he will be much better. Im not saying Garcon hasnt had a bad game, but he is not the problem of this offense. When RG3 does not lock on one receiver, the passing game goes much better, I fail to see that as Garcons fault. There is no one to blame for that other than RG3 and his development, which was stunted for a second year QB to miss that time.

As for the Percentage of the offense that relies on Garcon. I agree there. Moss has been dropping almost everything coming his way this year. Robinson is a one trick pony, although that one trick can open up the intermediate stuff if used better. Hankerson is playing better, but has the talent to be better than he has been. Hankersons catch radius is tiny compared to his size. Morgan, sad to say, is a blocker and a number 3 at best. If anyones contract is to be complained about, it is Morgans. He does not produce like a 6 mil per year WR should. He will be gone anyways after the year unless he comes back at a much reduced price. The passing game is primarily Garcon and Reed, with Hankerson and Helu adding in a bit.

To many people want to say number 1 receiver, then compare him to Calvin Johnson. Garcon is not Calvin Johnson, but no one should expect that anyways, he is a freak of nature that can out jump triple teams. He also makes more than double what Garcon does. But Garcon has also produced for this team when he was given that opportunity, and is a better signing than a fair amount of WR's (Mike Wallace anyone?)
Skinzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:14 PM   #174
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 27
Posts: 15,994
Re: Redskins Vs Chargers Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Ive listed out the problems of the passing game, I dont look at Garcon performance and say he is a contributing factor in the failure of it. Oline, erractic RG3, etc... Look, next year I have Hankerson and Garcon on the field at receiver, no one else, thats a problem for the passing game as well.
Let's agree on this: moar Jordan Reed, plz.

I agree that Hankerson and Garcon are the only two Skins receivers likely to be back next year, although Aldrick has the next 8 games to earn his spot on next year's team. Griffin keeps throwing to Aldrick when he's on the field, fwiw.

Reeds versatility limits the need to go out and acquire someone who is specifically a "possession" type. He's getting it done on third down.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:17 PM   #175
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 86,477
Re: Redskins Vs Chargers Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Garcon is now a guy who brings it every week? Maybe he just showed up at the wrong place last week.

He was the most dependable receiving target in this game (Saved RG3's bacon twice), and I think that's why he deserves a game ball for that performance, but I think he needs to play like this more often (obviously not 7/172, but 5/80 pretty much every week). When you are the highest paid player on the team, I don't think that's too much to ask.
Prior to the SD game he was averaging 6.7 catches per game and 73 yds per game. So he's kind of right there already.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:32 PM   #176
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Redskins Vs Chargers Postgame

It sucks that Morgan didn't work out and Moss aged so quickly, or at least worked his way out of the good graces of the offense so quickly. Going into this season I thought we had a nice well rounded WR corp, but it looks limited and weak now. Garcon and Hank are keepers for sure. The rest haven't produced enough to justify anything.

I think it's a major concern, because we're so short on high draft picks and Mike has struggled to find talent in the mid to lower rounds outside RB and Riley at LB. Our oline drafting has been abysmal especially, and that group needs major reinforcements.

IMO the mismanagement of the roster/draft in his first two years is coming around to haunt us now more than ever, but I doubt most see it that way.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:36 PM   #177
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 27
Posts: 15,994
Re: Redskins Vs Chargers Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Prior to the SD game he was averaging 6.7 catches per game and 73 yds per game. So he's kind of right there already.
Which means he's averaging 10.9 yards per catch. Which is a problem.

How much of a problem is debatable. Some would call that small potatoes. But if RG3 was doing anywhere near as well as he was doing at this time last year (when Garcon was inactive), there wouldn't be anything to debate.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:40 PM   #178
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 27
Posts: 15,994
Re: Redskins Vs Chargers Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
Why would I blame Garcon for RG3's struggles? A lot of the time this season, RG3 has flat out missed open receivers (most notably, the Cowboys and Broncos games). Missing the offseason and preseason has a lot to do with that. I think if he can get in that offseason work, he will be much better. Im not saying Garcon hasnt had a bad game, but he is not the problem of this offense. When RG3 does not lock on one receiver, the passing game goes much better, I fail to see that as Garcons fault. There is no one to blame for that other than RG3 and his development, which was stunted for a second year QB to miss that time.

As for the Percentage of the offense that relies on Garcon. I agree there. Moss has been dropping almost everything coming his way this year. Robinson is a one trick pony, although that one trick can open up the intermediate stuff if used better. Hankerson is playing better, but has the talent to be better than he has been. Hankersons catch radius is tiny compared to his size. Morgan, sad to say, is a blocker and a number 3 at best. If anyones contract is to be complained about, it is Morgans. He does not produce like a 6 mil per year WR should. He will be gone anyways after the year unless he comes back at a much reduced price. The passing game is primarily Garcon and Reed, with Hankerson and Helu adding in a bit.

To many people want to say number 1 receiver, then compare him to Calvin Johnson. Garcon is not Calvin Johnson, but no one should expect that anyways, he is a freak of nature that can out jump triple teams. He also makes more than double what Garcon does. But Garcon has also produced for this team when he was given that opportunity, and is a better signing than a fair amount of WR's (Mike Wallace anyone?)
I am not so much blaming Garcon for the amount of times he gets thrown the football. That's due to a lack of other options. I am just pointing out he did more with his opportunity last year.

If he has more games like he did against GB and SD, he will be in a much better position to point out how much his teammates are struggling in the passing game. But after the Denver game, that was a big, giant "We."
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:41 PM   #179
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 27
Posts: 15,994
Re: Redskins Vs Chargers Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
IMO the mismanagement of the roster/draft in his first two years is coming around to haunt us now more than ever, but I doubt most see it that way.
Pretty much.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:16 PM   #180
Impact Rookie
 
Skinzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 864
Re: Redskins Vs Chargers Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
It sucks that Morgan didn't work out and Moss aged so quickly, or at least worked his way out of the good graces of the offense so quickly. Going into this season I thought we had a nice well rounded WR corp, but it looks limited and weak now. Garcon and Hank are keepers for sure. The rest haven't produced enough to justify anything.

I think it's a major concern, because we're so short on high draft picks and Mike has struggled to find talent in the mid to lower rounds outside RB and Riley at LB. Our oline drafting has been abysmal especially, and that group needs major reinforcements.

IMO the mismanagement of the roster/draft in his first two years is coming around to haunt us now more than ever, but I doubt most see it that way.
Not sure how you can say that about his first draft. There was no 3 and 5. 1 was Trent, 4 was Perry Riley. And he turned the screwed up 2nd that was traded for McNabb into the pick that was used for Alfred Morris (McNabb was absolutely a mistake though).

His second draft kind of sucks. It got us Kerrigan, and for as much as you love Helu, he came in that draft in the 4th. Jenkins (2) and Hankerson (3) are under performing for their draft positions imo. Not sure how much more they will progress. Several others from that draft are still on the team, but dont do much. I expect all but Paul to not be here next year. Not exactly sure what you were expecting with all the 6th and 7th's though. Those dont usually get you much.

LeRibeus last year, imo, was his biggest mistake. Still cant figure that one out. Didnt like it then and dont like it now. He could of been had in the 5th, maybe later.
Skinzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.67000 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25