Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


skins eagles postgame

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2013, 08:22 AM   #241
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,499
Re: skins eagles postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
What's he supposed to do, go through a laundry list of his mistakes and apologize for each one?

At this point anything he says is going to get picked apart.

He wasn't right in his comments but I don't think it's the end of the world either.
You're exactly right, but unfortunately that won't stop people bitchin' about it for the next year until the 'skins start playing better ball - namely RGIII. Then those same bitches will start riding RGIII's jock again.
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-20-2013, 09:06 AM   #242
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,430
Re: skins eagles postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
You're exactly right, but unfortunately that won't stop people bitchin' about it for the next year until the 'skins start playing better ball - namely RGIII. Then those same bitches will start riding RGIII's jock again.
This has nothing to do with how he's playing. I'd say the same damn thing if we were 10-0.


Robert Griffin III has more to learn - ESPN

Stop and take a look around. Even the neutral based writers see it. This isn't something that's conjured up because we are losing.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:07 AM   #243
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 5,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
I'm hoping we get to see more Nick Williams in the slot.
And less of him fielding (or not fielding!) punts
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:26 AM   #244
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,499
Re: skins eagles postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
This has nothing to do with how he's playing. I'd say the same damn thing if we were 10-0.


Robert Griffin III has more to learn - ESPN

Stop and take a look around. Even the neutral based writers see it. This isn't something that's conjured up because we are losing.
Yes, it is something being conjured up because the Redskins are losing. How many times was RGIII's leadership questioned last year? None.

I do not get the impression from John Keim's piece that he, himself, is questioning the leadership of RGIII. John Keim's reaction: " You need to be careful about what you say." That's not an indictment on RGIII's leadership, it's just an indictment on RGIII being more careful about what he says in post game interviews. And Keim goes on to site Sally Jenkins - do I need to say anything about her? Honestly? Darrell Green - his flip flopping on the Redskins name puts his credibility in question. And Santana Moss? Seems like Moss needs to learn to shut his mouth. If Moss had a beef with something RGIII said, he should have pulled RGIII aside, privately to speak to him man to man. None of this passive aggressive going to the media stuff. Moss needs to look at himself before he indicts RGIII.

I think that's all Keim's point was. If you don't watch what you say, you'll have people picking your words apart. Trust me, happens all the time here.

Let's be real about this. Robert is 23 years old. He's a young pup. A lot has been placed upon his shoulders with this franchise. It's almost a curse that he had such a great rookie season. That, in itself, just magnified the pressure ten fold. Has Robert ever been in a situation where he's on a losing team? I don't think so. This is all new to him. He has to learn and he will.
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:09 AM   #245
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,430
Re: skins eagles postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
Yes, it is something being conjured up because the Redskins are losing. How many times was RGIII's leadership questioned last year? None.

Let's be real about this. Robert is 23 years old. He's a young pup. A lot has been placed upon his shoulders with this franchise. It's almost a curse that he had such a great rookie season. That, in itself, just magnified the pressure ten fold. Has Robert ever been in a situation where he's on a losing team? I don't think so. This is all new to him. He has to learn and he will.

I haven't said the first thing about leadership. Not one. I've said something about him blabbing to the media, which still stands.

The people that have brought leadership up is Fletcher, Green, and now Moss. If you want to consult them about RGIII's leadership, by all means do so, but not sure why you even direct that towards me. Besides, the fact his teammates are questioning his leadership in public says a great deal. A huge deal.

Stop using that "he's young" as a excuse. Is he stupid? Is he a moron? The answer is no to both of those, so he knows good and god damn well to shut the hell up. He doesn't want to because nobody is going to tell him what to do or how to play. He's said this on several occasions. Luck is in a more pressure situation than RGIII was. Imagine a team cutting a SB MVP and future hall of famer who practically built the stadium you are playing in, just so they can anoint you the next biggest star? Luck is a much greater pressure situation than Robert. By far. Also, his team was much much worse, and his offensive line is atrocious. Do you hear Luck blaming his coaches or OL during press conferences? Nope.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:15 AM   #246
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,672
Re: skins eagles postgame

Luck doesn't have nearly the same media scrutiny. DC vs Indy? C'mon.

Griffin has plenty of pressure. Trying to turn around a franchise that's been stumbling since the 90s? A fan base desperate for a savior?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:24 AM   #247
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,430
Re: skins eagles postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Luck doesn't have nearly the same media scrutiny. DC vs Indy? C'mon.

Griffin has plenty of pressure. Trying to turn around a franchise that's been stumbling since the 90s? A fan base desperate for a savior?
I agree with the media and spotlight being greater in DC. I'm not slighting Robert's pressure. Any QB in the NFL is going to be under some serious pressure to perform, especially ones drafted high and in high media areas.

Luck isn't have that same type of scrutiny as well because he's not giving them any ammo. Robert is his own wost enemy when it comes to the media shit storm. It's bad enough on its on, he doesn't need to fuel the fires.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:30 AM   #248
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,672
Re: skins eagles postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I agree with the media and spotlight being greater in DC. I'm not slighting Robert's pressure. Any QB in the NFL is going to be under some serious pressure to perform, especially ones drafted high and in high media areas.

Luck isn't have that same type of scrutiny as well because he's not giving them any ammo. Robert is his own wost enemy when it comes to the media shit storm. It's bad enough on its on, he doesn't need to fuel the fires.
He needs to be more careful with what he says, because the smallest things can get spun way out of control.

Luck isn't under scrutiny mainly because they are winning. When you're losing it's open season on anything and everything.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:34 AM   #249
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,499
Re: skins eagles postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I haven't said the first thing about leadership. Not one. I've said something about him blabbing to the media, which still stands.

The people that have brought leadership up is Fletcher, Green, and now Moss. If you want to consult them about RGIII's leadership, by all means do so, but not sure why you even direct that towards me. Besides, the fact his teammates are questioning his leadership in public says a great deal. A huge deal.

Stop using that "he's young" as a excuse. Is he stupid? Is he a moron? The answer is no to both of those, so he knows good and god damn well to shut the hell up. He doesn't want to because nobody is going to tell him what to do or how to play. He's said this on several occasions. Luck is in a more pressure situation than RGIII was. Imagine a team cutting a SB MVP and future hall of famer who practically built the stadium you are playing in, just so they can anoint you the next biggest star? Luck is a much greater pressure situation than Robert. By far. Also, his team was much much worse, and his offensive line is atrocious. Do you hear Luck blaming his coaches or OL during press conferences? Nope.
Wait a minute. You're posting posts and links about articles that's supposedly questioning RGIII as a leader, and then saying you have not said one word about his leadership, but then go on this diatribe in your last paragraph here, quoted, saying "He doesn't want to because nobody is going to tell him what to do or how to play." So, if that's not questioning the guy's leadership skills, I don't know what the hell is? And Luck is under much greater pressure? LMAO!!!! You cannot be serious NC? You're comparing Indy to Washington D.C.? Let that sink in for a second. Indy to Washington D.C.
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:04 PM   #250
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,430
Re: skins eagles postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
Wait a minute. You're posting posts and links about articles that's supposedly questioning RGIII as a leader, and then saying you have not said one word about his leadership, but then go on this diatribe in your last paragraph here, quoted, saying "He doesn't want to because nobody is going to tell him what to do or how to play." So, if that's not questioning the guy's leadership skills, I don't know what the hell is?
The links I posted were people talking about RGIII's comments this past weekend during his press conference. You know, the ones calling out his coaching staff and others. Many many others see it, and recognize it was a huge fuckup by Robert.

Moss happened to expand his discussion about Robert's leadership, and even went on to throw the Redskins PR team under the bus as well.

Well, Robert has said he isn't going to hold back in interviews and he's going to not allow people to tell him how to play. That isn't a shot at leadership, that's a shot of him being a stubborn arrogant person.

Again, I haven't said anything about his leadership skills, his players have. Stop pulling stuff that isn't there with me. If I have a problem with his leadership skills, I'll damn well say it and I won't dance around it or mince words. Thanks.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:10 PM   #251
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,499
Re: skins eagles postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
The links I posted were people talking about RGIII's comments this past weekend during his press conference. You know, the ones calling out his coaching staff and others. Many many others see it, and recognize it was a huge fuckup by Robert.

Moss happened to expand his discussion about Robert's leadership, and even went on to throw the Redskins PR team under the bus as well.

Well, Robert has said he isn't going to hold back in interviews and he's going to not allow people to tell him how to play. That isn't a shot at leadership, that's a shot of him being a stubborn arrogant person.

Again, I haven't said anything about his leadership skills, his players have. Stop pulling stuff that isn't there with me. If I have a problem with his leadership skills, I'll damn well say it and I won't dance around it or mince words. Thanks.
LOL!. If you say so.
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:44 PM   #252
Playmaker
 
Bucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 3,217
Re: skins eagles postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
And less of him fielding (or not fielding!) punts
Nah, he can field punts. Was his first NFL game EVER. He'll be alright.
__________________
HTTR
Redskin Fan since '88
Be friends on Twitter! @thecasualhero
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:59 PM   #253
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 5,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
Nah, he can field punts. Was his first NFL game EVER. He'll be alright.
Well we are in the "evaluation" stage of the season....
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #254
Playmaker
 
Bucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 3,217
Re: skins eagles postgame

Man, anyone go to HTTR24/7 Twitter? He shows a picture that "sums" up our defense. ALL 5 WR'S ARE OPEN on the play for the Eagles. LOL

Like.. How is that even possible?
__________________
HTTR
Redskin Fan since '88
Be friends on Twitter! @thecasualhero
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:12 PM   #255
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,094
Re: skins eagles postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
Man, anyone go to HTTR24/7 Twitter? He shows a picture that "sums" up our defense. ALL 5 WR'S ARE OPEN on the play for the Eagles. LOL

Like.. How is that even possible?

LMAO smh man
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30681 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25