Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Around the NFL Week 12

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2013, 12:32 AM   #106
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
What a shame to end the game this way.
I disagree. The whole point of the OT switch was to make all 3 phases of the game relevant. Poor special teams play can cost a game just as easily as great offense or defense.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is online now  

Advertisements
Old 11-25-2013, 12:35 AM   #107
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Around the NFL Week 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
Manning didnt rule us out. There was a meeting with Mike and Peyton scheduled when the trade for RG3 happened (They went ahead and met even though it was no longer going to happen). The RG3 trade ended our pursuit of Peyton. Not saying Manning would have chosen us if no trade goes down, I have a feeling he still chooses Denver, but we were in the running up until the trade.
Now that's weird I swear hearing manning wouldn't come to DC before the trade. Whatevs. Not sure anything can overcome Mike's defense and special teams.
The Goat is offline  
Old 11-25-2013, 12:37 AM   #108
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,837
Re: Around the NFL Week 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I disagree. The whole point of the OT switch was to make all 3 phases of the game relevant. Poor special teams play can cost a game just as easily as great offense or defense.
I agree. Would it have been better if one of the QBs to throw a pick or for another RB to fumble.
donofriose is offline  
Old 11-25-2013, 12:53 AM   #109
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,736
Re: Around the NFL Week 12

Epic collapse by the Broncos. No way you should ever lose the game being up 24-0 at half.


__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is online now  
Old 11-25-2013, 01:10 AM   #110
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,104
Brady continues to own manning
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 11-25-2013, 01:33 AM   #111
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,736
Re: Around the NFL Week 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Brady continues to own manning
Not the case. Not even remotely close to being true. Manning players blew it. Fumbles, dropped passes in OT (along with fumble) and then have one of the worst special teams fuck ups in OT.

This was well beyond Peyton's play causing this. In fact, it's because of Peyton they went in OT to begin with.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is online now  
Old 11-25-2013, 02:00 AM   #112
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,674
Re: Around the NFL Week 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Lol manning perfect Kyle QB. That's priceless. Thank you.
Why do I even bother?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 11-25-2013, 02:53 AM   #113
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,837
Re: Around the NFL Week 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Not the case. Not even remotely close to being true. Manning players blew it. Fumbles, dropped passes in OT (along with fumble) and then have one of the worst special teams fuck ups in OT.

This was well beyond Peyton's play causing this. In fact, it's because of Peyton they went in OT to begin with.
Brady did play better than Manning this last game. But you are correct, Welker specifically did not play well. Turnovers were the reason the Broncos went up 24-0. Turnovers were the reason the Patriots scored 31 halftime points. That was the true story of the game.
donofriose is offline  
Old 11-25-2013, 07:24 AM   #114
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,627
Re: Around the NFL Week 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Why do I even bother?
Because most of us actually appreciate the insight.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 11-25-2013, 07:31 AM   #115
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,627
Re: Around the NFL Week 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Goat seems to want to re write history a lot.
Re-write, ignore, modify or otherwise mutilate to fit his biases. Yes. He has been known to do so on a regular basis. He is very Orwellian in his thought process - never let the facts get in the way of an opinion.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 11-25-2013, 08:10 AM   #116
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,107
Re: Around the NFL Week 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Brady continues to own manning

Well , one of them anyway .
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 11-25-2013, 08:20 AM   #117
Impact Rookie
 
Skinzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 692
Re: Around the NFL Week 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Now that's weird I swear hearing manning wouldn't come to DC before the trade. Whatevs. Not sure anything can overcome Mike's defense and special teams.
There was definitely people saying he wouldnt come here due to Eli being in the division. But Peyton or his agents never ruled us out. Its possible we were considered an option for the purpose of driving up the price. I still believe with the cap penalty, that Peyton would have chose Denver. He wanted to win now and $18 mil per year is no small amount. Throw in Eli in the division and I believe there was very little, if any, chance.
Skinzman is offline  
Old 11-25-2013, 08:23 AM   #118
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,635
Re: Around the NFL Week 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
That's weird it seemed like manning skins rumors barely got going before he ruled them out. So was something else a huge concern? I just remember a lot of ppl saying he was never coming to DC start to finish.
"Midway through the evening Elway received a text telling him the Redskins had just pulled off a huge trade with St. Louis for the second pick in the draft, presumably to take prized Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III. Elway told Manning, "Whoa—Washington just traded for the second pick. Looks like they'll get RG3."

"What!?" Manning said, stunned.

From that reaction, Elway knew that the Redskins had been on Manning's list.

Manning slept at Stokley's house in suburban Castle Rock that night, and the next morning, Saturday, March 10, the two headed to a nearby field to get a throwing session in. When they found it in use by a lacrosse team, they switched to Plan B, a community park with a 40-yard-square field. As passers-by approached during the workout, Stokley would yell, "Jogger!" or "Cyclist!" and he and Manning would hide the football until the person passed.

That afternoon Manning had another appointment scheduled—with Redskins coach Mike Shanahan and his son Kyle, Washington's offensive coordinator. Though it made little sense after the Rams deal, the Shanahans wanted to keep the date, and Manning did. They discussed football for three hours at Shanahan's expansive house in Denver. Talk about strange connections. Shanahan had been Elway's coach for those two Super Bowls and was fired by the Broncos after the 2008 season. Now Elway ran the Broncos. As Shanahan talked with Manning, a text message popped up on the coach's phone. It was from Elway. "Hey, Mike, put in a good word for us with Peyton." All Shanahan could do was laugh."

The behind-the-scenes story of how the most prized free - 04.02.12 - SI Vault

Peyton had us on his radar the whole time. Not just a rumor.
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is online now  
Old 11-25-2013, 08:54 AM   #119
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,736
Re: Around the NFL Week 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by donofriose View Post
Brady did play better than Manning this last game. But you are correct, Welker specifically did not play well. Turnovers were the reason the Broncos went up 24-0. Turnovers were the reason the Patriots scored 31 halftime points. That was the true story of the game.

I'll give you that. Brady did perform better, but much of that is dependent on his receivers. It was if the Broncos thought the game was over at half and decided to coast the rest of the game. That's the kind of epic collapse I'm used to seeing from the Skins, not the Broncos. McDaniels out-coached the hell out of Del Rio after the half.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is online now  
Old 11-25-2013, 09:02 AM   #120
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Around the NFL Week 12

Hard to imagine either of those teams making a ton of noise in the playoffs...but the AFC is so weak that you can't rule anybody out at this point.

If you have four or more victories in the AFC, you're a Super Bowl contender.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29957 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25