Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Gruden Says Start Cousins

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2013, 08:04 PM   #31
The Starter
 
mbedner3420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,833
Re: Gruden Says Start Cousins

Regardless of whether he is fired or not, Snyder and the front office are in a majorly unenviable position, I tend to think.
mbedner3420 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-29-2013, 10:10 PM   #32
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,756
Re: Gruden Says Start Cousins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary84Clark View Post
Throwing me under the bus.

Just my sense of humor my friend. I've never advocated anybody to be banned. That said, it was a shit topic to start a thread on. In the end, who gives a shit what Jon Gruden thinks. If he were here and he had made that trade, I assure you he wouldn't be benching Robert and starting Cousins. This team has a lot invested(salary and picks) in Robert and they are going to see this till the end. He's going to get 3 full years before he's yanked.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:46 PM   #33
Impact Rookie
 
Gary84Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 793
Re: Gruden Says Start Cousins

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Just my sense of humor my friend. I've never advocated anybody to be banned. That said, it was a shit topic to start a thread on. In the end, who gives a shit what Jon Gruden thinks. If he were here and he had made that trade, I assure you he wouldn't be benching Robert and starting Cousins. This team has a lot invested(salary and picks) in Robert and they are going to see this till the end. He's going to get 3 full years before he's yanked.
I agree with you completely. Gruden had a strong disdain for RG3 monday night. Made me root for RG3 more and now I hate Gruden.
Gary84Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:55 PM   #34
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,654
Re: Gruden Says Start Cousins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think it's very possible, but we'll worry about that in a month or so
Please no. Please don't say that. Foolish hire
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:41 PM   #35
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,104
Gruden can't do any worse can he?
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 02:18 PM   #36
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 52
Posts: 3,430
Re: Gruden Says Start Cousins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary84Clark View Post
I agree with you completely. Gruden had a strong disdain for RG3 monday night. Made me root for RG3 more and now I hate Gruden.
I guess different people hear different things,I did not get the feeling at all that Gruden had disdain for RG3.I heard him say he likes RG3,and any criticism he said was deserved.And when he said a new coach might like Cousins better,it didnt sound to me like that was disdain for RG3,I thought it was more like be careful for what you wish for{if your hoping for a new coach}because the new coach might not be on board the RG3 train
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 02:49 PM   #37
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,678
Re: Gruden Says Start Cousins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Please no. Please don't say that. Foolish hire
Don't shoot the messenger
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 02:51 PM   #38
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,678
Re: Gruden Says Start Cousins

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
I guess different people hear different things,I did not get the feeling at all that Gruden had disdain for RG3.I heard him say he likes RG3,and any criticism he said was deserved.And when he said a new coach might like Cousins better,it didnt sound to me like that was disdain for RG3,I thought it was more like be careful for what you wish for{if your hoping for a new coach}because the new coach might not be on board the RG3 train
You've pretty much nailed it.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 03:19 PM   #39
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,341
Re: Gruden Says Start Cousins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think it's very possible, but we'll worry about that in a month or so
Is this educated speculation on your part or more than that. I hope you're wrong, Gruden would be another 4-5 year disaster and would ensure RG3 is done in DC after next year.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 03:32 PM   #40
The Starter
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 1,872
Re: Gruden Says Start Cousins

Cousins will never play ever again in a Redskins uniform.

The Redskins mortgaged their future for a VERY long time to get RG3. they are stuck with him for lack of a better term.

That means no matter how many new coaches, no matter how many games he loses, it doesn't matter. With all they gave up, RG3's job is safe for the next 5 years or longer...
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 03:35 PM   #41
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,678
Re: Gruden Says Start Cousins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
Is this educated speculation on your part or more than that. I hope you're wrong, Gruden would be another 4-5 year disaster and would ensure RG3 is done in DC after next year.
I mean it's way too early for this, but if we get to that point I know that Gruden will be high on the list
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 03:38 PM   #42
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,678
Re: Gruden Says Start Cousins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Cousins will never play ever again in a Redskins uniform.

The Redskins mortgaged their future for a VERY long time to get RG3. they are stuck with him for lack of a better term.

That means no matter how many new coaches, no matter how many games he loses, it doesn't matter. With all they gave up, RG3's job is safe for the next 5 years or longer...
Yeah if we get a new coach I think the first thing he may want to do is trade Cousins
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 03:43 PM   #43
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,341
Re: Gruden Says Start Cousins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Yeah if we get a new coach I think the first thing he may want to do is trade Cousins
Cousins won't be traded until after next year. A decent back-up QB for approx. $ 600K / yr. is a steal.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 03:47 PM   #44
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,341
Re: Gruden Says Start Cousins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I mean it's way too early for this, but if we get to that point I know that Gruden will be high on the list
I wouldn't say it's too early, we've got 3 wins and 2 w/NYG, DAL, ATL (in ATL), and KC, for the sake of argument let's say we go 3-2 (I think we'll be lucky to go 2-3, likely 1-4). So if we finish 6-10, do you believe Shanny stays? If so, it'll be another long year in 2014 and bye-bye RG3.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 04:14 PM   #45
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,678
Re: Gruden Says Start Cousins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
I wouldn't say it's too early, we've got 3 wins and 2 w/NYG, DAL, ATL (in ATL), and KC, for the sake of argument let's say we go 3-2 (I think we'll be lucky to go 2-3, likely 1-4). So if we finish 6-10, do you believe Shanny stays? If so, it'll be another long year in 2014 and bye-bye RG3.
I mean it's way too early to really know the likelihood of who stays who goes
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28000 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25