Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Skins Giants postgame

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2013, 08:01 PM   #196
Special Teams
 
DirtBagZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 281
Re: Skins Giants postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
We run it but defenses have adjusted and Griffin lacks that extra gear that made him such a threat last year. He's also a much more careful runner which is good, but it makes him less effective.
Very insightful, pretty much reached the same conclusion. You could see it during the past game against the Giants where he could not just blow past the defense. Even more so during the horrid Monday Night Massacre where he was getting blasted by 49ers. Whitner closed on him and blew him up near the sideline, made me cringe watching it. Have not seen any signs this season of the burst like last year he had against the Vikings when no one could catch him. The big question is will he ever had that type of speed again?
DirtBagZ is offline  

Advertisements
Old 12-02-2013, 08:38 PM   #197
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,597
Re: Skins Giants postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBagZ View Post
The big question is will he ever had that type of speed again?
Barring further injury, when he can take the knee brace off, yes IMO.
HailGreen28 is offline  
Old 12-02-2013, 09:14 PM   #198
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,640
Re: Skins Giants postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
Barring further injury, when he can take the knee brace off, yes IMO.
Yeah next year he'll definitely be much closer to his old self. Hard to believe he's still less than a year removed from a serious injury.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 12-02-2013, 10:54 PM   #199
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,995
Re: Skins Giants postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBagZ View Post
The big question is will he ever had that type of speed again?
He'll be quick but not as fast as before and definitely not on that field (FedEx)
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 12-02-2013, 11:05 PM   #200
Special Teams
 
kct1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
... definitely not on that field (FedEx)
Ya...what in the heck is wrong with the field at FedEx!

You'd think with all of the bad press the Redskins got last season about the poor condition of the field, they would completely replace it!
__________________
KCT - "No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!"
kct1975 is offline  
Old 12-03-2013, 08:05 AM   #201
Registered User
 
Sonny9TD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 399
Re: Skins Giants postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
You spelled "fucked" wrong.
As if everybody didn't think or hope that was what she was saying buy knew better to actually post she really did.
Sonny9TD is offline  
Old 12-03-2013, 08:13 AM   #202
Registered User
 
Sonny9TD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 399
Re: Skins Giants postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
Barring further injury, when he can take the knee brace off, yes IMO.
That might be the reason he can't turn it on. Being careful doesn't make you less effective. He got all the yards he could get. It's not like he said I can get more yards if I run head on to these tacklers. He got all he could get. Last year there was more running room and he took it. The times he tried to get more yards that were not there was when he got his block nearly knocked off. The open field isn't there like it was last year. Even Morris didn't do as well .RG3s speed is what is in question and that brace can't help that.
Sonny9TD is offline  
Old 12-03-2013, 09:07 AM   #203
Impact Rookie
 
theJBexperience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Boone, NC
Posts: 579
Re: Skins Giants postgame

I can't get over how bad the Skins played in this game. The Giants are a terrible team, and we were at home, should've been rebounding from national embarassment. Nope.

I wonder if we didn't have that cap penalty and were able to get some of the FA's we were interested in but couldn't afford, how much better we'd be. Aqib Talib, VJax, Toler, I'm forgetting others, but we'd be a different team w/ those three alone. Could you imagine VJax deep, Garçon underneath? Man, defenses would've been spread out. Oh, what could've been. Thanks, John Mara.
theJBexperience is offline  
Old 12-03-2013, 09:09 AM   #204
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,640
Re: Skins Giants postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny9TD View Post
That might be the reason he can't turn it on. Being careful doesn't make you less effective. He got all the yards he could get. It's not like he said I can get more yards if I run head on to these tacklers. He got all he could get. Last year there was more running room and he took it. The times he tried to get more yards that were not there was when he got his block nearly knocked off. The open field isn't there like it was last year. Even Morris didn't do as well .RG3s speed is what is in question and that brace can't help that.
He basically heads toward the sideline when he runs now. He doesn't have the same reckless abandon and that's a good thing, and teams this year are more than willing to let him take the 8-10 yard runs vs the big ones he would rip off last year.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 12-03-2013, 09:38 AM   #205
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,094
Re: Skins Giants postgame

Washington Redskins back in familiar spot - ESPN
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 12-03-2013, 09:48 AM   #206
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Skins Giants postgame

I think some people may be under the impression that RG3 is normally just fast enough to outrun pursuit by defensive linemen, but I think guys like Justin Tuck are always going to be able to track down even the fastest quarterbacks when they are looking downfield. That's not a knee or leg issue, just try running as fast as you can someday while looking in a completely different direction than you are running. It will slow you down considerably.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 12-03-2013, 09:52 AM   #207
Playmaker
 
celts32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hackettstown NJ
Age: 43
Posts: 2,656
Re: Skins Giants postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
It's pretty clear now that RG3 and the read option covered up a lot of our issues last year. When your QB only throws 5 picks vs accounting for 27 TDs, that will cover up a lot of holes on any team.
Exactly. Last year he covered up all the problems and now this year he is not covering up all the problems and he is being blamed as if he is the problem. Griffins play is like maybe #10 on the list of problems with this team.
__________________
Section 115 Row 23

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

http://victorybeer.com/
celts32 is offline  
Old 12-03-2013, 09:58 AM   #208
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Skins Giants postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by celts32 View Post
Exactly. Last year he covered up all the problems and now this year he is not covering up all the problems and he is being blamed as if he is the problem. Griffins play is like maybe #10 on the list of problems with this team.
Agree and that's only if you lump and group some of the smaller problems.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 12-03-2013, 10:00 AM   #209
Registered User
 
Sonny9TD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 399
Re: Skins Giants postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
He basically heads toward the sideline when he runs now. He doesn't have the same reckless abandon and that's a good thing, and teams this year are more than willing to let him take the 8-10 yard runs vs the big ones he would rip off last year.
The big ones he ripped off last year aren't there to be ripped off this year. He always ran towards the sideline even when he was running last year. The big gains aren't there because there is no room to make them not because he decides to run out of bounds. Proof is when he dove for the 1st down a few games ago and nearly turned a flip in the air to get it. Everyone remembers that play. If he was going to run out of bounds to be safe like you say that was the play he would have done it. But that isn't what happened. If he thinks there is a chance to take it to the house I think he would take it to the house. He is just being smart and getting out of bounds because there is nothing else to get. RG3 would tell you the same thing.
Sonny9TD is offline  
Old 12-03-2013, 10:04 AM   #210
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,640
Re: Skins Giants postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny9TD View Post
The big ones he ripped off last year aren't there to be ripped off this year. He always ran towards the sideline even when he was running last year. The big gains aren't there because there is no room to make them not because he decides to run out of bounds. Proof is when he dove for the 1st down a few games ago and nearly turned a flip in the air to get it. Everyone remembers that play. If he was going to run out of bounds to be safe like you say that was the play he would have done it. But that isn't what happened. If he thinks there is a chance to take it to the house I think he would take it to the house. He is just being smart and getting out of bounds because there is nothing else to get. RG3 would tell you the same thing.
I would argue the big opportunities aren't there mostly because he isn't looking for them. He's content with the 8-10 yd runs and the D will give that to him all day.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31346 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25