Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Mike Shanahan was Ready to Leave Washington after 2012 Season

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2013, 11:19 AM   #361
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,482
Re: Mike Shanahan was Ready to Leave Washington after 2012 Season

[quote=skinsfan69;1048774]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Mike Jones ‏@MikeJonesWaPo 12m Interesting from Sean King: 1st 2 yrs: PManning 50TD/42INT (14-15 record). EManning 30/26 (12-11). Breese 28/31 (10-17). RGIII 36/17 (13-16)

None of those other guys were benched in yr 2.[/QUOTE]

Cause they played better in their 2nd years. If RG3 was not throwing the ball 10 feet over the wr's heads, only looking at one wr and running into sacks he's be on the field. Even the KC defenders were saying they would just run to the side where he turned his head cause they knew he wouldn't look anywhere else. Everyone that's upset about him sitting down fail to mention any of this stuff.
Yeah and none of them were coming off ACL surgeries either. And they all probably didn't have defenses and special teams this bad either. But yeah, let's bench just the QB. Makes total sense.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-13-2013, 11:21 AM   #362
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Mike Shanahan was Ready to Leave Washington after 2012 Season

This should make everyone happy. Definitely needed to make some peoples day here...

Report: Redskins coaches all believe they’re getting fired
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:22 AM   #363
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Mike Shanahan was Ready to Leave Washington after 2012 Season

[quote=Mattyk;1048775]
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post

Yeah and none of them were coming off ACL surgeries either. And they all probably didn't have defenses and special teams this bad either. But yeah, let's bench just the QB. Makes total sense.
Probably didn't have a field as bad as ours either. But yeah, let's let him keep playing so he can re-injure the knee with 3 meaningless games left to play.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:24 AM   #364
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,482
Re: Mike Shanahan was Ready to Leave Washington after 2012 Season

[quote=SBXVII;1048777]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post

Probably didn't have a field as bad as ours either. But yeah, let's let him keep playing so he can re-injure the knee with 3 meaningless games left to play.
If the field was really an issue they wouldn't have played him last week.

2 of the next 3 games are away anyway.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:30 AM   #365
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,202
Re: Mike Shanahan was Ready to Leave Washington after 2012 Season

[quote=Mattyk;1048775]
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post

Yeah and none of them were coming off ACL surgeries either. And they all probably didn't have defenses and special teams this bad either. But yeah, let's bench just the QB. Makes total sense.
In the end, that's part of being an NFL QB. When things are good, you're God and get more credit than you should. When it's bad you get dumped on. At some point you're going to get benched and booed, it's just part of the job. If a QB isn't mentally tough enough to deal with it they're not going to last. Either RG3 comes back next year swinging, and learns how to be a QB, or he could go down as Heath Shuler.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:37 AM   #366
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,202
Re: Mike Shanahan was Ready to Leave Washington after 2012 Season

[quote=Mattyk;1048780]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post

If the field was really an issue they wouldn't have played him last week.

2 of the next 3 games are away anyway.
See that's where MS is a bold face liar and why I think it's performance based. If he was worried about him getting injured then there's no way you send him out there on that field. Had RG3 played well last week, he'd be taking the field Sun. Obviously MS has no balls to just come out and say the truth.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:57 AM   #367
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 10,622
Re: Mike Shanahan was Ready to Leave Washington after 2012 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
This should make everyone happy. Definitely needed to make some peoples day here...

Report: Redskins coaches all believe they’re getting fired
Good, they all deserve it as well. Every single one of them deserve a swift kick in the ass out the door.
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:24 PM   #368
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,881
Re: Mike Shanahan was Ready to Leave Washington after 2012 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Billick said he believes Mike is back next yr god I hope not
Billick isn't an entirely impartial observer I don't think.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:27 PM   #369
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,881
Re: Mike Shanahan was Ready to Leave Washington after 2012 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post

See that's where MS is a bold face liar and why I think it's performance based. If he was worried about him getting injured then there's no way you send him out there on that field. Had RG3 played well last week, he'd be taking the field Sun. Obviously MS has no balls to just come out and say the truth.
It makes no sense to bench him mfor performance at this point...even if his played earned it. What do you get out of it? We're out of the race. If we miracled up Joe Montana in his prime to QB for us it wouldn't matter. It's play him/coach him/develop him versus sit him. Which helps him (and the org) more?
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:38 PM   #370
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,202
Re: Mike Shanahan was Ready to Leave Washington after 2012 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
It makes no sense to bench him mfor performance at this point...even if his played earned it. What do you get out of it? We're out of the race. If we miracled up Joe Montana in his prime to QB for us it wouldn't matter. It's play him/coach him/develop him versus sit him. Which helps him (and the org) more?
Because they have a guy on the bench that took all the off season work, played very well in his one start and they want to take a look at him. If he plays well then that helps the organization, whether he's traded or not. That's why.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:45 PM   #371
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,881
Re: Mike Shanahan was Ready to Leave Washington after 2012 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Because they have a guy on the bench that took all the off season work, played very well in his one start and they want to take a look at him. If he plays well then that helps the organization, whether he's traded or not. That's why.
Because we have a guy ON THE BENCH? So f'n what?

Now we're going to have a GUY ON THE BENCH that we used 4 picks to get that clearly needs to work for us to have a future.

We get nothing by playing Cousins. Nothing. It is a lose-lose situation. He plays "well" and immediately we have some BS controversy even though Rob is the only QB that matters. He has to be good or we're doomed. If his isn't our QB in 1/2/3 years then we're terrible. Even if KC is great he won't be good enough to make up for what Rob is supposed to be. If KC "sucks" then we've pissed away his trade value.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 02:42 PM   #372
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Mike Shanahan was Ready to Leave Washington after 2012 Season

Well, here's another disgruntled player voicing his opinion.

Haynesworth claims Shanahan’s contract prevents Snyder from talking to players | ProFootballTalk
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:23 PM   #373
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,202
Re: Mike Shanahan was Ready to Leave Washington after 2012 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Because we have a guy ON THE BENCH? So f'n what?

Now we're going to have a GUY ON THE BENCH that we used 4 picks to get that clearly needs to work for us to have a future.

We get nothing by playing Cousins. Nothing. It is a lose-lose situation. He plays "well" and immediately we have some BS controversy even though Rob is the only QB that matters. He has to be good or we're doomed. If his isn't our QB in 1/2/3 years then we're terrible. Even if KC is great he won't be good enough to make up for what Rob is supposed to be. If KC "sucks" then we've pissed away his trade value.
We're "doomed" if RG3 is a bust? I wonder if Chicago thought that when Josh McCown came off the bench to outplay Cutler. Look how well Nick Foles is playing? In other words... every single year in the NFL a lower paid or lower drafted guy outplays the incumbent. That's the nature of professional football.

Also the bolded comments simply make 0 sense. So if Cousins comes in a plays like he did against Cleveland then that's not good enough??? SMH. Who gives a damn about a controversy? I want the best guy on the field.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:25 PM   #374
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,963
Re: Mike Shanahan was Ready to Leave Washington after 2012 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I want the best guy on the field.
No, you want Cousins on the field.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:39 PM   #375
Impact Rookie
 
Gary84Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 648
Re: Mike Shanahan was Ready to Leave Washington after 2012 Season

[quote=skinsfan69;1048784]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post

See that's where MS is a bold face liar and why I think it's performance based. If he was worried about him getting injured then there's no way you send him out there on that field. Had RG3 played well last week, he'd be taking the field Sun. Obviously MS has no balls to just come out and say the truth.
If it's performance based. He should have sat Haslet down and Buns. He should have benched Plolumbus and benched Lichenstiger and Chester. We have Gettis and Compton. He should have benched London Fletcher. No, he went for Robert because he is showing his power. Believe me if you had've saw the 4th quarter against KC with Cousins at QB.
Gary84Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.41814 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25