Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Mike Shanahan was Ready to Leave Washington after 2012 Season

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2013, 12:39 AM   #121
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,595
Re: Mike Shanahan was Ready to Leave Washington after 2012 Season

Maybe Dan should pull an Al Davis and not pay his ass!!
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-09-2013, 12:44 AM   #122
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,789
Re: Mike Shanahan was Ready to Leave Washington after 2012 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
So in your opinion who really screwed up? Both coaches and owner?
Situation like this, I don't think anyone should be absolved of some blame
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:51 AM   #123
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 43
Posts: 4,923
Re: Mike Shanahan was Ready to Leave Washington after 2012 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Maybe Dan should pull an Al Davis and not pay his ass!!
I'd love to see Snyder refuse to fire him and make him quit to forfeit the rest of his contract.
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:18 AM   #124
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,979
Re: Mike Shanahan was Ready to Leave Washington after 2012 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
I'd love to see Snyder refuse to fire him and make him quit to forfeit the rest of his contract.
The problem with that is Dan needs to hire another coach and he'd have to do it pronto to get a leg up on other people wanting coaches. He can't sit around and still get the guy he may want. If he wants this team to continue to direction it's going, by all means he can keep Mike around.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:49 AM   #125
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,754
Re: Mike Shanahan was Ready to Leave Washington after 2012 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Everyone needs to read this. More truth in it than almost anything you'll get from post/ESPN.
Mike Shanahan's Brilliant Last Act as Redskins Coach; Making Everyone Forget He Sucked
So this is truth?

From the article:
“Mike Shanahan is a Hall of Fame coach.” They’ll say. They’ll say what a good coach he is, and how it’s a shame that Dan has once again let a relationship between himself and a player undermine the coaching relationship. Poor Mike Shanahan, dealing with that Dan guy again. Look how bad he treated Norv (who everyone wanted gone) and Marty (who quit after Dan tried to strip him of his GM role) and Spurrier (who also quit but Dan begged to come back) and how he ruined Joe Gibbs’ legacy (who left the team on short notice after he also quit and, oh yeah, by the way, Gibbs had his hand in every bad and stupid move that was made during that four years and Dan also begged to stay) and screwed Jim Zorn (who was in over his head). Dan’s just a horrible owner and as long as he’s the Redskins owner they’ll never be successful because he’s basically Snidely effing Whiplash with a burgundy colored top hat. And no mustache."

So none of the other coaches leaving during Snyder's ownership was Snyder's fault after all? B.S.

Nice revisionist history about Snyder taking Norv Turner's playoff team and trying to play fantasy football signing a "Past His Prime Time" clown and other big signings, then canning Norv midseason. Then giving the keys of the franchise to someone responsible (Marty), and canning him after one season (They started 0-5, but won their next 8 out of 11 to finish the season 8-8!) And then Spurrier.....you know what you know the rest.

The only time we had any success in Snyder's reign (other than year 1 when Norv's team hadn't been changed by Snyder yet) was Gibbs 2.0, and now people want to blame JG for our woes!

The article is garbage. I stopped taking it seriously after the obvious revisionist history of previous coaches. I fully believe that Snyder's never stopped meddling, and that's why there was any truth to the idea that Mike Shanahan wanted to leave last season. The particulars we may never know. Instead we'll be fed rumors and drama, just like all the other coaches that have come and gone since Dan Snyder bought the team.

And we're all idiots when every time Snyder hires a respectable coach, we believe "Dan Snyder's changed". We believed it with Marty, then with Joe, and now Mike. Of course, when Dan hires someone new, we'll believe he'll be a good owner THIS time too.

Again, look at what I quoted from the article. Do you really believe the article that it's those coaches fault? Or the one owner this whole time?
HailGreen28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:50 AM   #126
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,143
Re: Mike Shanahan was Ready to Leave Washington after 2012 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Masterfully written.
Agreed......
__________________
Touchdown Washington Redskins!!!
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:52 AM   #127
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,789
Re: Mike Shanahan was Ready to Leave Washington after 2012 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
So this is truth?

From the article:
“Mike Shanahan is a Hall of Fame coach.” They’ll say. They’ll say what a good coach he is, and how it’s a shame that Dan has once again let a relationship between himself and a player undermine the coaching relationship. Poor Mike Shanahan, dealing with that Dan guy again. Look how bad he treated Norv (who everyone wanted gone) and Marty (who quit after Dan tried to strip him of his GM role) and Spurrier (who also quit but Dan begged to come back) and how he ruined Joe Gibbs’ legacy (who left the team on short notice after he also quit and, oh yeah, by the way, Gibbs had his hand in every bad and stupid move that was made during that four years and Dan also begged to stay) and screwed Jim Zorn (who was in over his head). Dan’s just a horrible owner and as long as he’s the Redskins owner they’ll never be successful because he’s basically Snidely effing Whiplash with a burgundy colored top hat. And no mustache."

So none of the other coaches leaving during Snyder's ownership was Snyder's fault after all? B.S.

Nice revisionist history about Snyder taking Norv Turner's playoff team and trying to play fantasy football signing a "Past His Prime Time" clown and other big signings, then canning Norv midseason. Then giving the keys of the franchise to someone responsible (Marty), and canning him after one season (They started 0-5, but won their next 8 out of 11 to finish the season 8-8!) And then Spurrier.....you know what you know the rest.

The only time we had any success in Snyder's reign (other than year 1 when Norv's team hadn't been changed by Snyder yet) was Gibbs 2.0, and now people want to blame JG for our woes!

The article is garbage. I stopped taking it seriously after the obvious revisionist history of previous coaches. I fully believe that Snyder's never stopped meddling, and that's why there was any truth to the idea that Mike Shanahan wanted to leave last season. The particulars we may never know. Instead we'll be fed rumors and drama, just like all the other coaches that have come and gone since Dan Snyder bought the team.

And we're all idiots when every time Snyder hires a respectable coach, we believe "Dan Snyder's changed". We believed it with Marty, then with Joe, and now Mike. Of course, when Dan hires someone new, we'll believe he'll be a good owner THIS time too.

Again, look at what I quoted from the article. Do you really believe the article that it's those coaches fault? Or the one owner this whole time?
I think that there are those who will always blame Snyder for everything and will never believe anything otherwise
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:28 AM   #128
Special Teams
 
Brody81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
If you paid 800 million for a team, and your offense sucked, chances are you'd be having conversations with your play caller. Lol.
He should do all of us a favor and sell the team!!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Brody81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:31 AM   #129
Special Teams
 
Brody81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think that there are those who will always blame Snyder for everything and will never believe anything otherwise
What is the one common denominator in the last 20 years? Who else should we blame?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Brody81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:48 AM   #130
Thank You, Sean.
 
Gmanc711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Age: 28
Posts: 7,502
Re: Mike Shanahan was Ready to Leave Washington after 2012 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think that there are those who will always blame Snyder for everything and will never believe anything otherwise
While I have no clue how Snyder really is on the inside; from the outside it seems that during the last four years he did exactly what we all wanted and stayed out of it. Hard for me to blame him at this point.

I think there is plenty of blame to go around; but that article is pretty telling and I get the sense the media in general is starting to slowly turn a bit on Shannahan and his personality/attitude in general with refusal to take blame for anything.... its getting really interesting, unfortunately.
__________________
#21
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:52 AM   #131
Special Teams
 
Jayroc24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 320
Re: Mike Shanahan was Ready to Leave Washington after 2012 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanc711 View Post
While I have no clue how Snyder really is on the inside; from the outside it seems that during the last four years he did exactly what we all wanted and stayed out of it. Hard for me to blame him at this point.

I think there is plenty of blame to go around; but that article is pretty telling and I get the sense the media in general is starting to slowly turn a bit on Shannahan and his personality/attitude in general with refusal to take blame for anything.... its getting really interesting, unfortunately.
I agree with this statement, I dont think we want the owner of the Jags running this football team as we all like to have the money that Dan throws around trying to get/keeps good free agents. At this point it has to be Shannahan or Allen...... I would have to lean toward Shannahan
Jayroc24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:34 AM   #132
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,310
Re: Mike Shanahan was Ready to Leave Washington after 2012 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Everyone needs to read this. More truth in it than almost anything you'll get from post/ESPN.
Mike Shanahan's Brilliant Last Act as Redskins Coach; Making Everyone Forget He Sucked
Amazing there are still people out there defending Shanahan and putting all this on Snyder and RG3.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:41 AM   #133
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,733
Re: Mike Shanahan was Ready to Leave Washington after 2012 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think that there are those who will always blame Snyder for everything and will never believe anything otherwise
I think it indicative of this that, now, after not hearing his name mentioned in any significant way for the last four years, all the franchise's errors of the last four years are being laid at Snyder's feet.

Snyder is an owner. I fully expect, as the owner of a billion dollar investment, he expects to have some level of input when franchise altering events are going contemplated. Further, as an owner, I would fully expect him to take advantage of the perks that ownership brings including, but not limited to, hanging out with professional athletes.

Snyder has given Shanahan everything for which he has asked. Snyder may have had some input on the acquisition of McNabb and/or Griffin - I would expect nothing less. At the same time, l have no doubt that Shanahan had the final say on rosters and that, had Shanny not wanted McN or RGIII, they would not be on the roster.

Every comment by and report about Shanny when he came here was that he was going to have control. When it comes to coaching, Shanny's ego fills a room and then some. This is his team, he built it. He is entitled to the credit when it succeeds and, ultimately, the blame for when it fails.

Snyder has been more than patient with him. Firing Shanahan after his team has so clearly and so consistently been outclassed on the field is not meddlesome; it is good ownership.

Snyder is not the problem.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:47 AM   #134
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,167
Re: Mike Shanahan was Ready to Leave Washington after 2012 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think that there are those who will always blame Snyder for everything and will never believe anything otherwise

SS , ok just a question. Marty ,Joe 2.0 and Norv all ,all left and all good coachs ,what is it that you see that makes you think it's not Snyder and if it isn't then what is the reason ?
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:58 AM   #135
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,789
Re: Mike Shanahan was Ready to Leave Washington after 2012 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
SS , ok just a question. Marty ,Joe 2.0 and Norv all ,all left and all good coachs ,what is it that you see that makes you think it's not Snyder and if it isn't then what is the reason ?
Every situation was unique. Norv was a joke who asked for and got almost everything he asked for, Marty had issues primarily with other owners on the team, and Joe Gibbs didn't leave because of any discord with Snyder
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.37677 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25