Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Choose Your 2014 Redskins Head Coach (Volume 2)

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: The 2014 Redskins HC Should Be
Art Briles 18 18.37%
Jay Gruden 36 36.73%
Jon Gruden 8 8.16%
Mike Shanahan 18 18.37%
Kevin Sumlin 18 18.37%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2014, 05:36 PM   #781
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Choose Your 2014 Redskins Head Coach (Volume 2)

Perry fewell.... Jim caldwell... There is no rational reason to seriously interview either of them.... Unless they're just interviewing bad candidates so the fanbase will be relieved when they hire someone we otherwise wouldn't like
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  

Advertisements
Old 01-01-2014, 06:24 PM   #782
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Choose Your 2014 Redskins Head Coach (Volume 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
To the Lovie fan club, bummer

Lovie Smith headed to Tampa?
NFL Dungy: Smith 'good fit' for Bucs - ESPN

Well Dungy def is encouraging Lovie toward Tampa. I think it's a mistake. That's a damn tough division with New Orleans and Carolina already elite (saints will be even better next year) and Atlanta likely to rebound. Lovie will have to 12-13 games a year to win the division. Come to DC and win the division in probably 10 games.

I think he must really not want to come here. To bad. I still think he's the best HC available by a wide margin and just read an article that his hand picked OC is the guy who developed Aaron Rodgers. Would have been a great situation for RG
The Goat is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 06:33 PM   #783
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 44
Posts: 4,988
Re: Choose Your 2014 Redskins Head Coach (Volume 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Perry fewell.... Jim caldwell... There is no rational reason to seriously interview either of them.... Unless they're just interviewing bad candidates so the fanbase will be relieved when they hire someone we otherwise wouldn't like
Caldwell has an excellent reputation for the passing game and QB. They could be asking his assessment of what he'd do with RG3 and get ideas of his perceived strengths & weaknesses.

Fewell has faced the Redskins multiple times each of the past 3 seasons, why not pick his brain to get a divisional opponents perspective on us?

Point is, the interview process isn't only to fill the empty spot. Sometimes it's also to do some information gathering and it's possible you may hear/see/learn something or about someone that benefits you.
__________________
Paintrain's Redskins Fandom
1981-2014

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!
Paintrain is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 06:36 PM   #784
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 86,112
Re: Choose Your 2014 Redskins Head Coach (Volume 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Caldwell has an excellent reputation for the passing game and QB. They could be asking his assessment of what he'd do with RG3 and get ideas of his perceived strengths & weaknesses.

Fewell has faced the Redskins multiple times each of the past 3 seasons, why not pick his brain to get a divisional opponents perspective on us?

Point is, the interview process isn't only to fill the empty spot. Sometimes it's also to do some information gathering and it's possible you may hear/see/learn something or about someone that benefits you.
Exactly, never hurts to pick as many brains as possible. They're both worthy candidates as well.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 06:42 PM   #785
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 30
Posts: 4,247
Re: Choose Your 2014 Redskins Head Coach (Volume 2)

out of these names mentioned to date, i like bevell.
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 06:53 PM   #786
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 13,573
Re: Choose Your 2014 Redskins Head Coach (Volume 2)

I'm liken the list so far. Any movement on jay Gruden?
__________________
“Nobody’s going to be handed a job; not my standpoint, and I know Jay feels that way and I know Bruce feels the same way. You have to earn it. That’s what the NFL is about. Prove to me that you deserve to be on the field,’ and that’s the way it has to be in the NFL.”- McC
Chico23231 is online now  
Old 01-01-2014, 06:53 PM   #787
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 86,112
Re: Choose Your 2014 Redskins Head Coach (Volume 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I'm liken the list so far. Any movement on jay Gruden?
He can't interview until next week.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 06:55 PM   #788
Fire Bruce NOW
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,434
Re: Choose Your 2014 Redskins Head Coach (Volume 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
He can't interview until next week.
At the earliest.
__________________
Bruce Allen when in charge alone: 4-12 (.250)
Bruce Allen's overall Redskins record : 28-52 (.350)
Vinny Cerrato's record when in charge alone: 52-65 (.444)
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 06:59 PM   #789
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Choose Your 2014 Redskins Head Coach (Volume 2)

Anybody know who Gruden is likely to grab for OC and DC?
The Goat is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 07:24 PM   #790
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Choose Your 2014 Redskins Head Coach (Volume 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Exactly, never hurts to pick as many brains as possible. They're both worthy candidates as well.
Caldwell was 2-14 in his only year as head coach without Peyton manning. The giants defense was almost worse than ours this year. Nether is a worthy candidate for a nfl head coaching position. Id question if Fewell is even an upgrade at defensive coordinator over haslett.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 07:26 PM   #791
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 33
Posts: 17,686
Re: Choose Your 2014 Redskins Head Coach (Volume 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Caldwell was 2-14 in his only year as head coach without Peyton manning. The giants defense was almost worse than ours this year. Nether is a worthy candidate for a nfl head coaching position. Id question if Fewell is even an upgrade at defensive coordinator over haslett.
This makes me sad. Bother to check any websites on that fact? :facepalm:
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 08:19 PM   #792
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,119
Re: Choose Your 2014 Redskins Head Coach (Volume 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Anybody know who Gruden is likely to grab for OC and DC?
Well if we hire him he may look to McVay and Raheem. Other possibilities include Frank Reich, James Urban and Paul Guenther, Steve Spagnuolo
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 08:19 PM   #793
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 86,112
Re: Choose Your 2014 Redskins Head Coach (Volume 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Caldwell was 2-14 in his only year as head coach without Peyton manning. The giants defense was almost worse than ours this year. Nether is a worthy candidate for a nfl head coaching position. Id question if Fewell is even an upgrade at defensive coordinator over haslett.
Skins D vs Giants D 2013

Yards per game: Giants 8th overall, Skins 18th
Points per game: Giants 18th overall, Skins 30th

Yup, almost
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 08:39 PM   #794
Impact Rookie
 
CASKINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 981
Re: Choose Your 2014 Redskins Head Coach (Volume 2)

I'm gonna get screamed at for this but whats Jim Tressel up to
CASKINS is offline  
Old 01-01-2014, 08:50 PM   #795
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Choose Your 2014 Redskins Head Coach (Volume 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Skins D vs Giants D 2013

Yards per game: Giants 8th overall, Skins 18th
Points per game: Giants 18th overall, Skins 30th

Yup, almost
And you think those stats merit head coaching consideration? The day we fire mike Shanahan and hires fewell is the day this organization crossed the point of no return in being the worst in the NFL.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.39737 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25