Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Feels like doom

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2013, 03:25 PM   #61
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,656
Re: Feels like doom

I loved almost all the media coverage we got last season. What a difference losing makes.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-22-2013, 05:29 AM   #62
Impact Rookie
 
Skins4L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 748
Re: Feels like doom

we never have enough TALENT at once. A recovering mentally and physically rg3 or a sharp and ready cousins cant do enough. its always something we need every year no balance ive yet to see that winning balance on the roster going into seasons. Address all of our needs and retain who we need to.
__________________
ALL HAIL
Skins4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 05:31 AM   #63
Impact Rookie
 
Skins4L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 748
Re: Feels like doom

what dont understand our secondary is swiss cheese. rg rg rg. swiss cheese and your talkinh like snyder plays zone out there too.
__________________
ALL HAIL
Skins4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 06:31 AM   #64
The Starter
 
44Deezel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Davidsonville
Posts: 1,661
Re: Feels like doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins4L View Post
we never have enough TALENT at once. A recovering mentally and physically rg3 or a sharp and ready cousins cant do enough. its always something we need every year no balance ive yet to see that winning balance on the roster going into seasons. Address all of our needs and retain who we need to.
You just described 90% of the teams in the league. There are a couple "well-balanced" teams, but even many of the so called "really good" teams are flawed. They can compensate for those flaws by being exceptional in one area of the game, such as Defense or QB play. Skins are a perfect example. 21 of 22 returning starters, same coaching staff, same management, yet 3 wins vs. 10.

They can easily add enough starters between free agency and the draft to be competitive. It will just come down to the play of the QB. Period.
__________________
I am a system poster.
44Deezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 12:25 PM   #65
Impact Rookie
 
Skins4L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 748
Re: Feels like doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
You just described 90% of the teams in the league. There are a couple "well-balanced" teams, but even many of the so called "really good" teams are flawed. They can compensate for those flaws by being exceptional in one area of the game, such as Defense or QB play. Skins are a perfect example. 21 of 22 returning starters, same coaching staff, same management, yet 3 wins vs. 10.

They can easily add enough starters between free agency and the draft to be competitive. It will just come down to the play of the QB. Period.
its so much more than the qb for us we have two capable guys. we really need to focus on other key areas.
__________________
ALL HAIL
Skins4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 05:20 PM   #66
Registered User
 
44 70 chip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 60
Re: Feels like doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins4L View Post
we never have enough TALENT at once.
This is directly a result of short term thinking over and over throwing away draft picks thinking they can "win now"with just one more big name on the roster. This has been happening since Snyder bought the team, and will continue until the he moves on or sells the team, or miraculously learns his lesson and REALLY hands over the controls to someone who is not a short term disaster (I'm not putting money on any of these happening). Look at Snyder's history, basically he's a walking disaster who lucked into a consulting business and then a NFL franchise after BANKRUPTING his father and himself multiple times on hair brained business schemes. Even his successful "consulting firm" was a hair brained scheme that got lucky in its timing. So basically we're here sitting in front of our TV's hoping this blind squirrel of an owner gets lucky again and accidentally makes enough good choices to overcome all the bad ones. He ALMOST got lucky with Gibb's 2.0 but sadly he felt the need to meddle (he can even screw up a good thing) and got Gibbs who is a a naturally humble man to start doubting his own system that had just worked and gotten them to the playoffs, so the idiot brought in Al Saunders because idiots who don't know what they're doing always want to bring in the most complicated mess they can find. It's what idiots do.

Honestly I don't see any light at the end of this tunnel, they will either have to get tremendously lucky and have their poor choices and lack of long term vision compensated for by happenstance and fluke chemistry or they will just continue to make franchise destroying choices like spending 4 first round picks on 1 player who doesn't have pocket presence, can't progress through his reads or look off his primary, and never once had to do any of those things in college.

When the Redskins main competition for RGIII was another historically terrible franchise that wasn't QUITE as interested in over spending to get him, IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN A WARNING BELL to us all... Oh we're competing with the Browns!? We should have been like: Um... if the Browns want him we're probably making a mistake here... Remember how the Vikings suckered them into trading up ONE SPOT for Trent Richardson?

In fact make that your sign: if the Browns badly covet the same player you're trying to spend a historic amount of first round picks to get: there's your sign.

PS: I do not hate RGIII (I see this coming) he's a great kid with awesome skills, and is extremely likable. I just have little hope that he can learn instinctual things like pocket presence, self preservation, and how to slide, because no one I've ever heard of has learned these things. Without those things I have little hope that, he'll last long enough to learn the things he CAN learn (like progressing through reads and looking off safeties). Hope I'm wrong.... but I spent 3 or 4 years hoping I was wrong about Jason Campbell, and he's still doing exactly the same things that were wrong with his game in Cleveland to this day.

Last edited by 44 70 chip; 12-29-2013 at 05:25 PM.
44 70 chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 09:22 PM   #67
The Starter
 
44Deezel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Davidsonville
Posts: 1,661
Re: Feels like doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins4L View Post
its so much more than the qb for us we have two capable guys. we really need to focus on other key areas.
Of course. They have $18mil more to spend plus the draft. All I was saying is that exceptional play from the QB position can mask other deficiencies. We saw that last year.

Every team has flaws and injuries can ruin any team's season. The cupboard is not bare. We have players that have shown they are capable of playing at a pro-bowl level - TW, Alfmo, Garçon, Kerrigan, Orakpo, RG3, Hall and even Jordan Reed. Amerson has shown some potential as a rookie. Riley Jr. and Rob Jackson have flashed at times.

It's not the end of the world. There will be plenty of opportunity to improve the roster in the off-season and with the right coach, a last place schedule and playing in the worst division in football, the Skins can be relevant again next year.

BUT, we could add 10 new quality starters and it won't matter in the grand scheme of things unless RG3 comes back strong. Hopefully, with a full off-season and a fully healed knee, he will.
__________________
I am a system poster.
44Deezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 09:29 PM   #68
Special Teams
 
DirtBagZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 287
Re: Feels like doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
Of course. They have $18mil more to spend plus the draft. All I was saying is that exceptional play from the QB position can mask other deficiencies. We saw that last year.

Every team has flaws and injuries can ruin any team's season. The cupboard is not bare. We have players that have shown they are capable of playing at a pro-bowl level - TW, Alfmo, Garçon, Kerrigan, Orakpo, RG3, Hall and even Jordan Reed. Amerson has shown some potential as a rookie. Riley Jr. and Rob Jackson have flashed at times.

It's not the end of the world. There will be plenty of opportunity to improve the roster in the off-season and with the right coach, a last place schedule and playing in the worst division in football, the Skins can be relevant again next year.

BUT, we could add 10 new quality starters and it won't matter in the grand scheme of things unless RG3 comes back strong. Hopefully, with a full off-season and a fully healed knee, he will.
I'd like to share your optimism, but his was an absolute disaster of a season, and Shanarat has poisoned the well as he is about to be fired.

There is only one chance for a quick turnaround and that is RG3 playing like 2012 ROY RG3, and not the 2013 post knee-injury RG3. If he can the make big plays like in 2012, the team will rebound, if not, then this will be an epic fiasco and set the franchise back for years.

Good grief, had a Norv Turner flashback, since I used the phrase big play, still remember those awful Turner post game interviews where he must have said big play 100 times. Typically in the context that the Skins were just a big play away from winning.
DirtBagZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:52 PM   #69
The Starter
 
44Deezel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Davidsonville
Posts: 1,661
Re: Feels like doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBagZ View Post
I'd like to share your optimism, but his was an absolute disaster of a season, and Shanarat has poisoned the well as he is about to be fired.

There is only one chance for a quick turnaround and that is RG3 playing like 2012 ROY RG3, and not the 2013 post knee-injury RG3. If he can the make big plays like in 2012, the team will rebound, if not, then this will be an epic fiasco and set the franchise back for years.

Good grief, had a Norv Turner flashback, since I used the phrase big play, still remember those awful Turner post game interviews where he must have said big play 100 times. Typically in the context that the Skins were just a big play away from winning.
I'm not necessarily optimistic. I just don't think this is a scorched earth situation. The NFL is week to week, year to year and there are reasons to think the Skins could turn things around as early as next reason, and I agree that the #1 and possibly only way is if RG3 plays like he did in 2012 (or even better).

I'm on record as saying any team with a bonafide franchise QB is NEVER in total re-build mode and as long as we do, we're not either. He needs to play well. Period. But he's hardly going to be asked to shoulder the entire load or be a one man show. The young nucleus on Offense is promising and even teams with poor Defenses make the playoffs each year and sometimes even win Super Bowls (Giants).
__________________
I am a system poster.
44Deezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.23605 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25