Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Year in Review 2013

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2013, 06:56 PM   #16
Impact Rookie
 
hagams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Okinawa, Japan
Age: 35
Posts: 888
Re: Year in Review 2013

I hate it, but I've already came to terms with that. Give the coach one more year like he asked for, but as far as the other coaches, someone has to be held accountable. I want to see what this team looks like after the cap numbers are back, and RG has a complete offseason. We need talent at all positions, because we have depth. We have started our "depth" all year long.
__________________
We are always superbowl contenders in March!!! HTTR!!!!!!!!
hagams is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-29-2013, 06:59 PM   #17
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Year in Review 2013

Arguably the worst coaching staff pro footballs seen in decades. None of these guys deserve a dime for the season and obviously don't deserve the remainder of their contract, but this is a situation where you pay them to just go away.

When you look at the other teams at the bottom of the nfl, there's no talent on the roster. We've got talent and yet vied for the worst team in pro football. I don't think any of these guys deserve to work in pro football. But they will, and that's just sad.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:15 PM   #18
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,791
Re: Year in Review 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Arguably the worst coaching staff pro footballs seen in decades. None of these guys deserve a dime for the season and obviously don't deserve the remainder of their contract, but this is a situation where you pay them to just go away.

When you look at the other teams at the bottom of the nfl, there's no talent on the roster. We've got talent and yet vied for the worst team in pro football. I don't think any of these guys deserve to work in pro football. But they will, and that's just sad.
I think the Texans have plenty of talent they just need a coach and a QB.
donofriose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:25 PM   #19
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Year in Review 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by donofriose View Post
I think the Texans have plenty of talent they just need a coach and a QB.
I wasn't thinking the Texans, but you're right the record is terrible. Was thinking of Jax and Cleveland. Texans are more limited offensive talent than most think. Just as Atlanta is more limited on defense than most think.

When you consider we've got talent at QB, elite talent at RB, studs at TE, LT, FB and pass rushers on defense with a very stout defensive line, it settles in these guys have been coached down as far as possible.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:27 PM   #20
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 5,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Garbage year , worst I've ever seen as a skins fan and that's sayin something
That
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:34 PM   #21
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,880
Re: Year in Review 2013

I am hoing this season is erased from my timeline and Snyder is abducted by aliens.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:37 PM   #22
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,444
Re: Year in Review 2013

As OBC would say... " 3-13, not very good"...lol... we just don't have good players at a lot of positions. This team is a mess and has question marks at just about every position. As fans we over valued the talent on this team.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:40 PM   #23
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,444
Re: Year in Review 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Garbage year , worst I've ever seen as a skins fan and that's sayin something
I think Ritchie's year ( 1993 ) was worse. And then Norv's first year was equally bad.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:40 PM   #24
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,880
Re: Year in Review 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Arguably the worst coaching staff pro footballs seen in decades. None of these guys deserve a dime for the season and obviously don't deserve the remainder of their contract, but this is a situation where you pay them to just go away.

When you look at the other teams at the bottom of the nfl, there's no talent on the roster. We've got talent and yet vied for the worst team in pro football. I don't think any of these guys deserve to work in pro football. But they will, and that's just sad.

You can't be serious, this team lacks talent at three crucial units, wr, db, and st.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:45 PM   #25
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,444
Re: Year in Review 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
I wasn't thinking the Texans, but you're right the record is terrible. Was thinking of Jax and Cleveland. Texans are more limited offensive talent than most think. Just as Atlanta is more limited on defense than most think.

When you consider we've got talent at QB, elite talent at RB, studs at TE, LT, FB and pass rushers on defense with a very stout defensive line, it settles in these guys have been coached down as far as possible.
We have talent at QB that played poorly. The TE could not stay on the field so a big slow lumberjack filled in. The pass rushers are completely overrated. FB has little impact on the game. D-line is solid against the run but can't cave in the pocket. Are you watching the same team I am?

Last edited by skinsfan69; 12-30-2013 at 08:15 AM.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:13 PM   #26
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,791
Re: Year in Review 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
You can't be serious, this team lacks talent at three crucial units, wr, db, and st.
And offensive line/dline
donofriose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:15 PM   #27
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,791
Re: Year in Review 2013

Just an interesting fact for those that do not know...
Washington is the only team in the NFL that did not win a divisional game.

Dallas as of right now is undefeated in division play.
donofriose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:25 PM   #28
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,791
Re: Year in Review 2013

Also I think the most attractive head coaching vacancy is the Houston texans. I think the skins however, are right behind. Cleveland browns are next in my opinion just because of their roster.
donofriose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:38 PM   #29
The Starter
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 2,317
Re: Year in Review 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I think Ritchie's year ( 1993 ) was worse. And then Norv's first year was equally bad.
I disagree.
Both were in their first years trying to figure out what they had, This is a fourth year team that is coming off a playoff appearance with virtually the same players.

Pretty much the Hogs and the Posse retired before Petibon took over and Norv had to rebuild from scratch.

We had virtually the same team as last year and they tanked. Either a healthy RG3 carried that team on his back and couldnt do it this year or the coaching staff phoned it in.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:38 PM   #30
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by donofriose View Post
Just an interesting fact for those that do not know...
Washington is the only team in the NFL that did not win a divisional game.

Dallas as of right now is undefeated in division play.
Sad
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26370 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25