Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Musgrave.

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2005, 08:59 PM   #61
Propane and propane accessories
 
JWsleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, TX
Age: 46
Posts: 4,628
Re: Musgrave.

I agree, Sports. Ramsey's time is now. At least we know Gibbs doesn't have a quick trigger on changing QBs, so Ramsey will get every opportunity to prove himself.

(Maybe Brady will fail to reach an agreement with the Pats and we can steal him! We know how to pass out the bonus duckets. Fire up Redskin one and let the tampering begin!)
__________________
Hail from Houston!
JWsleep is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-28-2005, 10:21 PM   #62
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 33
Posts: 17,683
Re: Musgrave.

I WAS worried about his brain but each game I saw a large improvement over his intelligence. I think he made his reads correctly and played smart football. The playcalling wasn't his fault and I believe he ran the plays that were called extremely effectively.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 10:46 PM   #63
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,765
Re: Musgrave.

I don't know. I agree with what SC said. I saw video clips of Ramsey on the NFL network and they were discussing his reads. There was one play they pointed out where it was like 3rd and 15, and Ramsey, without hesitation, throws the ball to the guy that runs a five yard pattern. It appeared as if Ramsey didn't even take time (and he had time on this particular play) to see if it was possible to get the ball to a guy that ran a pattern past the first down marker. Sure, the playcalling wasn't up to hall of fame standards, but by the time Ramsey was in the starting line up for good, the playcalling had improved by leaps and bounds.....the second Giants game is a great example of such.

Like Sports said, this is Ramsey's year to show us he can lead this team. I have a feeling if he doesn't impress the coaches this year, we might be looking for another QB by season's end. I hope not though, I do feel Ramsey has the ability and the brains to be a successful QB in the league, he just needs to get the confidence and to slow the game down in his mind to start making the good reads on a regular basis.
__________________
"Fire Up That Diesel!"
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 10:49 PM   #64
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 33
Posts: 17,683
Re: Musgrave.

I definitely do too. I hope the added protection will let us see what he can really do.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 11:59 PM   #65
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,832
Re: Musgrave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy
I don't know. I agree with what SC said. I saw video clips of Ramsey on the NFL network and they were discussing his reads. There was one play they pointed out where it was like 3rd and 15, and Ramsey, without hesitation, throws the ball to the guy that runs a five yard pattern. It appeared as if Ramsey didn't even take time (and he had time on this particular play) to see if it was possible to get the ball to a guy that ran a pattern past the first down marker. Sure, the playcalling wasn't up to hall of fame standards, but by the time Ramsey was in the starting line up for good, the playcalling had improved by leaps and bounds.....the second Giants game is a great example of such.

Like Sports said, this is Ramsey's year to show us he can lead this team. I have a feeling if he doesn't impress the coaches this year, we might be looking for another QB by season's end. I hope not though, I do feel Ramsey has the ability and the brains to be a successful QB in the league, he just needs to get the confidence and to slow the game down in his mind to start making the good reads on a regular basis.
Perhaps he just got too concerned with moving the chains and was too quick to opt for the safer route at times.

He showed he can hit the dink and dunk stuff and be efficient, now it's up to the staff to push him more and make him take his game to the next level.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 01:33 AM   #66
Special Teams
 
John Hasbrouck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 180
Re: Musgrave.

Put Vick with the Skins and our WOs and turn Vick loose-plus Portis and the Defense. I suppose Iam the only one that would like to see that
John Hasbrouck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 08:52 AM   #67
Playmaker
 
illdefined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: nyc
Age: 39
Posts: 2,631
Re: Musgrave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
Perhaps he just got too concerned with moving the chains and was too quick to opt for the safer route at times.

He showed he can hit the dink and dunk stuff and be efficient, now it's up to the staff to push him more and make him take his game to the next level.
and it's now up to Gibbs to give him more than 10% of the snaps in practice.
illdefined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 08:54 AM   #68
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,832
Re: Musgrave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illdefined
and it's now up to Gibbs to give him more than 10% of the snaps in practice.
Once he became the starter he started receiving the majority of the work in practice, so I don't think that will be an issue.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 09:28 AM   #69
Playmaker
 
illdefined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: nyc
Age: 39
Posts: 2,631
Re: Musgrave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
Once he became the starter he started receiving the majority of the work in practice, so I don't think that will be an issue.
i know. Gibbs gives the starter 90% of the snaps in practice. that was just a shaking of the head on his decision to start Brunell last year while not even giving Ramsey practice time.
illdefined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 11:26 AM   #70
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,765
Re: Musgrave.

Isn't that par for the course though in the NFL? The starter practices with the first team and gets the majority of the snaps during the regular season practice?
__________________
"Fire Up That Diesel!"
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 11:29 AM   #71
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 8,270
Re: Musgrave.

Don't you think the short balls on 3rd and long were more playcalling than Ramsey? Never saw him go for something less than a 1st down in Spurriers offense. I think Gibbs was just trying to play field position and wanted to move it some. Hell, we ran some jrunning plays on 3rd and long. I can remember one that worked.

I think this is Ramsey's time and he has all new receivers to get used to. I think he likes McCants - when McCants came into that game Ramsey hooked up with him what, 3 times in a row and marched right down the field? I'm not yet on the McCants bandwagon, but if a QB really likes a WR like that - let them work together!
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 11:36 AM   #72
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,116
Re: Musgrave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal
Don't you think the short balls on 3rd and long were more playcalling than Ramsey? Never saw him go for something less than a 1st down in Spurriers offense.
Hey! What happened to you not bringing up Spurrier again in exchange for us helping you out on your Jainism exam? A pox on you!
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 11:40 AM   #73
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 8,270
Re: Musgrave.

I said I'd try!
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 12:42 PM   #74
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 52
Posts: 9,281
Re: Musgrave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal
I said I'd try!
Such perserverance! You lasted how many days? Or should we count it in hours?
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 12:49 PM   #75
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 52
Posts: 9,281
Re: Musgrave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal
Don't you think the short balls on 3rd and long were more playcalling than Ramsey? Never saw him go for something less than a 1st down in Spurriers offense. I think Gibbs was just trying to play field position and wanted to move it some. Hell, we ran some jrunning plays on 3rd and long. I can remember one that worked.
I watched the tapes on some of hte NFL Network stuff about how we threw short on 3 and longs. It appeared to me that on several occasions there were open receivers beyond the marker, but Ramsey threw short. Maybe the open WR's ran the wrong route causing them not to be where PR expected them, maybe PR was feeling pressured, maybe PR just didn't see'em, or maybe he was still trying to get comfortable in a truly pro style offense after a college of shotgun and 2 years of Spurrier. Again, I don't think everyone of those 3rd and long passes was intended to go short. As I recall his offense, Gibbs ran hard and then played the intermediate passing game with an occassional bomb to keep the D honest. As for runs on third and long, every team does it on occasion, and it often works if the passing game is hitting.

Can I hear an "OH YEAH" for a Joe Washington draw play??
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31704 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25