Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


It's official: Shanahan fired

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2013, 03:06 PM   #121
Registered User
 
Gary84Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,035
Re: It's official: Shanahan fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Since we're cleaning house can we fire the strength and conditioning coach? Look at all these f'ing people on IR!

55 Nick Barnett ILB (IR)
72 Stephen Bowen DE (IR)
19 Dezmon Briscoe WR (IR)
94 Adam Carriker DE (PUP)
20 Richard Crawford CB (IR)
85 Leonard Hankerson WR (IR)
79 Maurice Hurt G/T (IR)
34 Tanard Jackson FS (Susp.)
53 Bryan Kehl ILB (IR)
47 Jeremy Kimbrough ILB (IR)
86 Jordan Reed TE (IR)
52 Keenan Robinson ILB (IR)
22 Evan Royster RB (IR)
57 Nick Sundberg LS (IR)
41 Phillip Thomas SS (IR)
25 Chris Thompson RB (IR)
90 Doug Worthington DE (IR)

and fire Niles Paul too!!!
Gary84Clark is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-30-2013, 03:08 PM   #122
Playmaker
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 2,885
Re: It's official: Shanahan fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary84Clark View Post
This just in. Kyle Orton caught trying on Tony Romo's panty hose.
Good one!

And they fit nicely, too. I could hardly tell the difference between them.
__________________
Hope Springs Eternal
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:08 PM   #123
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,873
Re: It's official: Shanahan fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl13 View Post
How much impact do you guys think RG3 had on this decision? The guy left Redskins Park without speaking to the media and hasn't endorsed Shanahan like other players (Reed Doughty, Chris Neild, etc.) have done on twitter and in public.

Can we deem RG3 a "Coach Killer"? I really like the guy but I'm starting to see how he really is. Stubborn and doesn't like to be told what to do.
He's doing a conference call right now, he thanked Shanahan for drafting him, said he learned a lot from him, and that he's looking forward to a new year.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:14 PM   #124
Special Teams
 
spAtt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 430
Re: It's official: Shanahan fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Since we're cleaning house can we fire the strength and conditioning coach? Look at all these f'ing people on IR!

55 Nick Barnett ILB (IR)
72 Stephen Bowen DE (IR)
19 Dezmon Briscoe WR (IR)
94 Adam Carriker DE (PUP)
20 Richard Crawford CB (IR)
85 Leonard Hankerson WR (IR)
79 Maurice Hurt G/T (IR)
34 Tanard Jackson FS (Susp.)
53 Bryan Kehl ILB (IR)
47 Jeremy Kimbrough ILB (IR)
86 Jordan Reed TE (IR)
52 Keenan Robinson ILB (IR)
22 Evan Royster RB (IR)
57 Nick Sundberg LS (IR)
41 Phillip Thomas SS (IR)
25 Chris Thompson RB (IR)
90 Doug Worthington DE (IR)
I did not even realize we had that many...wow
spAtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:15 PM   #125
Playmaker
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 2,885
Re: It's official: Shanahan fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Since we're cleaning house can we fire the strength and conditioning coach? Look at all these f'ing people on IR!

34 Tanard Jackson FS (Susp.)
Did he forget to take away TJ's bong?
__________________
Hope Springs Eternal
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:17 PM   #126
Fire Bruce NOW
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,434
Re: It's official: Shanahan fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
One thing Ill take away from this season is the fact Skins knocked out Romo for the season effectively knocking them out the playoffs for a second year in a row
Great point! Thanks for the sunshine on a cloudy day.
__________________
Bruce Allen when in charge alone: 4-12 (.250)
Bruce Allen's overall Redskins record : 28-52 (.350)
Vinny Cerrato's record when in charge alone: 52-65 (.444)
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:20 PM   #127
Special Teams
 
spAtt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 430
Re: It's official: Shanahan fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl13 View Post
How much impact do you guys think RG3 had on this decision? The guy left Redskins Park without speaking to the media and hasn't endorsed Shanahan like other players (Reed Doughty, Chris Neild, etc.) have done on twitter and in public.

Can we deem RG3 a "Coach Killer"? I really like the guy but I'm starting to see how he really is. Stubborn and doesn't like to be told what to do.


You on drugs???
spAtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:31 PM   #128
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: It's official: Shanahan fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonoluluBlue View Post
It's become clear to me, and I think to a lot of people, that Shanahan was largely the beneficiary of coaching John Elway in his prime. If it wasn't for that he would have never been as successful as he was. I don't see him finding another job now.
This. Elway has had success without Shanny. Shanny is a loser.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:32 PM   #129
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 13,019
Re: It's official: Shanahan fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by spAtt View Post
I did not even realize we had that many...wow
Well I counted up all the people on IR

AFC

Bills - 7
Dolphin - 6 (not including Incognitio and Martin)
Pats - 10
Jets - ?

Ravens - 6
Bengals - 11
Browns - 11
Steelers - 12

Texans - 16
Colts - 15
Jags - 14 (not including Blackmon)
Titans - 7

Broncos - 9
Chiefs - 6
Raiders - 8
Chargers - 10

NFC

Cards - 11
Rams - 8
49ers - 11
Seahawks - 11

Falcons - 11
Panthers - 12
Saints - 10
Bucs - 18

Bears - 5
Lions - 9
Packers - 16
Vikes - 8

Cowboys - 9
Giants - 13
Eagles - 5
Redskins - 17


We only lost out to the Bucs. Aw. We can't even win the injury race.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:33 PM   #130
MVP
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 10,155
Re: It's official: Shanahan fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
What's a better alternative? You have the 2012 ROY at QB, the league leader in receptions, a 1600 yard rusher, one of the best Left Tackles in the league, a promising young Tight End, a roster that just won the division last year, a division that is the worst in the league, and the best CAP situation in the NFC.

These men aren't babies. They aren't going to be scared off by Snyder. That's an average Joe fan illusion.
Or you could look at it this way. You have to work for an owner who pals around w/ the QB, you have two young QB's and don't know if either are the long term future, one of which might be hard to coach, 2-3 starters need to be replaced on the o-line, need another wr or two, TE can't stay on the field, no pass rush, no safties, no MLB and no first round pick. This isn't one of the top jobs anymore. The Lions job is better job than this one.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:36 PM   #131
Registered User
 
Gary84Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,035
Re: It's official: Shanahan fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Or you could look at it this way. You have to work for an owner who pals around w/ the QB, you have two young QB's and don't know if either are the long term future, one of which might be hard to coach, 2-3 starters need to be replaced on the o-line, need another wr or two, TE can't stay on the field, no pass rush, no safties, no MLB and no first round pick. This isn't one of the top jobs anymore. The Lions job is better job than this one.
According to Shannahan.
Gary84Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:48 PM   #132
Finally... The Offseason!!

 
CrazyCanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,907
Re: It's official: Shanahan fired

- Tied worst record (3-13) in team history (1994).
- Most points allowed in team history (478). Beat previous record by 46 points.
- 4th worst point differential in team history (-144), worst since 1961.
- Longest losing streak (8) in over 50 years.

What a waste of 4 years. Good riddance. F the Shannys.
CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:52 PM   #133
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: close to the edge
Posts: 3,947
Re: It's official: Shanahan fired

you dont go 3-13 in this glorious train wreck fashion without fault at every level from owner to coach to player to ball boy imo.

i personally am not interested in trying to figure out what percent of the FU pie each deserves. they all get to eat shit in my humble opinion.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:03 PM   #134
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 13,517
Re: It's official: Shanahan fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck View Post
- Tied worst record (3-13) in team history (1994).
- Most points allowed in team history (478). Beat previous record by 46 points.- 4th worst point differential in team history (-144), worst since 1961.
- Longest losing streak (8) in over 50 years.

What a waste of 4 years. Good riddance. F the Shannys.
WTF is Haslett still around? f*ck thats embarressing. Longest losing streak in 50 years. thats terrible
__________________
“Nobody’s going to be handed a job; not my standpoint, and I know Jay feels that way and I know Bruce feels the same way. You have to earn it. That’s what the NFL is about. Prove to me that you deserve to be on the field,’ and that’s the way it has to be in the NFL.”- McC
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:05 PM   #135
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: It's official: Shanahan fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck View Post
- Tied worst record (3-13) in team history (1994).
- Most points allowed in team history (478). Beat previous record by 46 points.
- 4th worst point differential in team history (-144), worst since 1961.
- Longest losing streak (8) in over 50 years.

What a waste of 4 years. Good riddance. F the Shannys.
Wow. Just wow.

Better days ahead.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30063 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25