Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Barrow ahead of schedule

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2005, 10:39 PM   #1
Pro Bowl
 
SKINSnCANES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: New Jersey
Age: 32
Posts: 5,428
Barrow ahead of schedule

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=6252

they just put this article up on redskins.com. Looks like Gibbs was hoping and planning on Barrows return. That would definitly explain not trying to sign Pierce. I was never high on Pierce, he did a hell of a job last year but he wasnt worth risking so much money on him. If Barrow does come back, then we will have a better lb core than last year, by far. With Arrington back, barrow back, and washington...thatll be very very nice.

Ive read a few articles about how people think we have had the worst off season of any team. I really disagree with this and am very happy with how things have been handled.
__________________
"I'm used to winning, coming from the University of Miami. " Clinton Portis
SKINSnCANES is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-26-2005, 01:05 AM   #2
Pro Bowl
 
BigSKINBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 26
Posts: 5,637
Re: Barrow ahead of schedule

we won't have a good linebacker set with barrow in and arrington back... we will have THEE best LB set in the history of the game. maybe not that good but we will have a damn good one.

Otherwise i like the offseason i mean we had a good d and bad offense so hypathetically speeking on a scale 1 to 10 or defense was a 9 and our offense was a 3 and i would give some of the points from the D to the O and have a more balanced team. THat is what we have done. Our defense lost 2 of its best players and that will hurt, i don't know how good barrow is but he did have the most tackles a few years back( i think right?) and if he has that production it is an upgrade. obviously we will hurt w/o smoot but we will manage. He had a break out year last year along with every single player on our Defense, not one player that started would say that this year wasn't one of their best even Springs who had many years in the league would have to say that this year was one of his best leading the team in INTs and Sacks and that has only happened like 3 times in NFL history that is amazing. My point is that even if we don't put a proven player into our Defense it doesn't mean that he too will not have a break out year. In my opinion our Defense will be better with barrow, arrington, bowen, and daniels in there, i know we could have had a better one and that all the injured players would be in there regardless of what happened in the offseason but we will be better. we gave a little up on D but gained o so much on offense, we got the line back, the line is what screwed us, we could have had the best RB (we had a good RB), we could of had the best WR set (we had a damn good set) but the Line had to be fixed and that was priceless to me. I could haddle the exact same team with a better set of linemen. we did however get a new and improved WR set, in my opinion it is improved. All i can see in my mind is COLES and GARDNER sitting around eating potato chips talking about how much they hated gibbs and the offense. How can we have a good team w/o players who want to be here there heart was not in it and there game suffered. IF WE WERE TO FIX ONE THING ON OUR TEAM AS A WHOLE I WOULD FIX THE PLAYS OVER 25 YARDS which we ranked last in. We will get that out of the new set of recievers. here is a stat------ if you take all the recievers w/ over 40 catches and see their yards per catch it will rank as follows Ashley Lelie( who is not a bad WR) then SANTANA MOSS then DAVID PATTEN! this is amazing to me even if one isn't open the other one would be 15 yards down the field. I like it i want down field production and if we had to give up coles for that then i would tell him to get the hell out of washington and freeze his ass off in damn New york.

Defensivly

D-LINE- No better no worse.... yet we will have a new player on that line before next season may it be BROWN? or someone else

LBs- Arrington, Barrow, and Washington is better than Marshall, Pierce and Washington hands down PERIOD!

CBs- We are hurt ofcource but if i had to give up springs or smoot i would definatly give up smoot. We may get another CB before seasons start so hold our horses but this is the only position that is hurt. We may put a better guy in there but we will all miss his spirt

Middle men- SEAN TAYLOR- gonna improve and soon to actually kill someone when he is on the field. I mean damn that hit on that steeler, that will stay with me for a long time. if that guy had taken one more step it woulda been a fumble and that would be the biggest hit of the year. SS- we will get bowen back and if he plays like he did last year in the first game then we will be the best defense hands down but if not he still showed us that he has potential and i want him to play to his full potential every single game. Dont forget that new guy!!!-- whats his name i forgot-- he will be a special teamer

OFFENSE-
THEE line- Hogs could be back. we got rabach and we never got a chance to see janson, Samuels will produce and i heard he only gave up 1 sack last year--- WOW--- that however could be wrong but he is always so damn jumpy.

WR- It is better the 2 outa the top 3 yards per catch players! thats it we establish down field strength open up the running lanes.

RB- All the same with another year of experience with MR. Gibbs.

QB- Ramsey better continue improving i saw tape that they showed on PB on NFL network and he wasn't making good reads, obvious stuff. he did improve toward then end but 3000+ yards is a must which i expect him to get

All in All our offseason in my opinion is going good. i don't see any more 'bad' stuff happening and it will only gain better players and lose some bitches like gardner.

Sorry for writing so much i am on spring break and my parents have the car tonight
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 01:45 AM   #3
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 52
Posts: 3,528
Re: Barrow ahead of schedule

Gibbs might be counting on him but I'm not,I think he's done,but I hope I'm wrong
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 02:40 AM   #4
Special Teams
 
John Hasbrouck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 180
Re: Barrow ahead of schedule

Barrow is a 12yr. vet coming off tendonitis-and once the hitting starts we will see how long he holds up.
John Hasbrouck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 05:53 AM   #5
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,062
Re: Barrow ahead of schedule

Pierce is worth every penny he got. He'll even be worth more down the road.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 09:58 AM   #6
The Starter
 
GoSkins!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yorktown, Va
Age: 45
Posts: 1,587
Re: Barrow ahead of schedule

If Barrow can make it back, look for a heavy rotation of him and Marshall.
__________________
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts. A. Einstien
GoSkins! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 12:02 PM   #7
The Starter
 
RedskinPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Camino,Ca
Posts: 1,174
Re: Barrow ahead of schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSKINBauer
we won't have a good linebacker set with barrow in and arrington back... we will have THEE best LB set in the history of the game. maybe not that good but we will have a damn good one.

Otherwise i like the offseason i mean we had a good d and bad offense so hypathetically speeking on a scale 1 to 10 or defense was a 9 and our offense was a 3 and i would give some of the points from the D to the O and have a more balanced team. THat is what we have done. Our defense lost 2 of its best players and that will hurt, i don't know how good barrow is but he did have the most tackles a few years back( i think right?) and if he has that production it is an upgrade. obviously we will hurt w/o smoot but we will manage. He had a break out year last year along with every single player on our Defense, not one player that started would say that this year wasn't one of their best even Springs who had many years in the league would have to say that this year was one of his best leading the team in INTs and Sacks and that has only happened like 3 times in NFL history that is amazing. My point is that even if we don't put a proven player into our Defense it doesn't mean that he too will not have a break out year. In my opinion our Defense will be better with barrow, arrington, bowen, and daniels in there, i know we could have had a better one and that all the injured players would be in there regardless of what happened in the offseason but we will be better. we gave a little up on D but gained o so much on offense, we got the line back, the line is what screwed us, we could have had the best RB (we had a good RB), we could of had the best WR set (we had a damn good set) but the Line had to be fixed and that was priceless to me. I could haddle the exact same team with a better set of linemen. we did however get a new and improved WR set, in my opinion it is improved. All i can see in my mind is COLES and GARDNER sitting around eating potato chips talking about how much they hated gibbs and the offense. How can we have a good team w/o players who want to be here there heart was not in it and there game suffered. IF WE WERE TO FIX ONE THING ON OUR TEAM AS A WHOLE I WOULD FIX THE PLAYS OVER 25 YARDS which we ranked last in. We will get that out of the new set of recievers. here is a stat------ if you take all the recievers w/ over 40 catches and see their yards per catch it will rank as follows Ashley Lelie( who is not a bad WR) then SANTANA MOSS then DAVID PATTEN! this is amazing to me even if one isn't open the other one would be 15 yards down the field. I like it i want down field production and if we had to give up coles for that then i would tell him to get the hell out of washington and freeze his ass off in damn New york.

Defensivly

D-LINE- No better no worse.... yet we will have a new player on that line before next season may it be BROWN? or someone else

LBs- Arrington, Barrow, and Washington is better than Marshall, Pierce and Washington hands down PERIOD!

CBs- We are hurt ofcource but if i had to give up springs or smoot i would definatly give up smoot. We may get another CB before seasons start so hold our horses but this is the only position that is hurt. We may put a better guy in there but we will all miss his spirt

Middle men- SEAN TAYLOR- gonna improve and soon to actually kill someone when he is on the field. I mean damn that hit on that steeler, that will stay with me for a long time. if that guy had taken one more step it woulda been a fumble and that would be the biggest hit of the year. SS- we will get bowen back and if he plays like he did last year in the first game then we will be the best defense hands down but if not he still showed us that he has potential and i want him to play to his full potential every single game. Dont forget that new guy!!!-- whats his name i forgot-- he will be a special teamer

OFFENSE-
THEE line- Hogs could be back. we got rabach and we never got a chance to see janson, Samuels will produce and i heard he only gave up 1 sack last year--- WOW--- that however could be wrong but he is always so damn jumpy.

WR- It is better the 2 outa the top 3 yards per catch players! thats it we establish down field strength open up the running lanes.

RB- All the same with another year of experience with MR. Gibbs.

QB- Ramsey better continue improving i saw tape that they showed on PB on NFL network and he wasn't making good reads, obvious stuff. he did improve toward then end but 3000+ yards is a must which i expect him to get

All in All our offseason in my opinion is going good. i don't see any more 'bad' stuff happening and it will only gain better players and lose some bitches like gardner.

Sorry for writing so much i am on spring break and my parents have the car tonight

I have to say Pierce had a great year but Marshall also was something very good! With Barrow and Marshall along with the return of Arrington we will be better then last year at LB spots!!!
RedskinPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 12:26 PM   #8
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,561
Re: Barrow ahead of schedule

I'm not overly concerned about the LB position. We have solid depth and quality starters. If Barrow can come back 100% that will be a huge boost and we might not miss Pierce at all. Marshall filled in very well last year for LaVar and at the least he will provide us with nice depth and a guy who can spot start when needed.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 02:18 PM   #9
Impact Rookie
 
Drift Reality's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 506
Re: Barrow ahead of schedule

A name that no one is really mentioning is Clifton Smith. He has great size for a middle linebacker and at Syracuse, he was a big-time run stuffer. Think a younger version of Kevin Mitchell.

Before the 2003 draft, he was actually projected as a late first-day / early second-day pick. I'm not exactly sure why he fell, but I'm sure his combine numbers were probably dreadful.

That being said, he can certainly be a force in the box in base and short-yardage situations; with Marshall rotating in for nickel packages. The way Williams rotates players and packages, I really wouldn't be surprised to see a solution involving a couple of different players.
Drift Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 09:37 PM   #10
Special Teams
 
jordanz301's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: damascus, maryland
Age: 26
Posts: 161
Re: Barrow ahead of schedule

FINALLY SUMONE AGREES WITH ME THAT PIERCE ISNT THAT GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! look someone doesnt jst show up one day being good....if he was that good someone woulda spotted his potential......THE ONLY REASON HE DID GOOD IS BCUZ OF GREG WILLIAMS SCHEMES.......he was good under it jst liek many other no name guys.......middle linebacker is usually the position that gets most tackles on a team ne ways(most of the time) .......i think BARROW is a HUNDREDx better than pierce...for god sake give him a chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11........ull see in 2 yrs pierce will be no one w/o greg williams
jordanz301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 11:41 AM   #11
Impact Rookie
 
Skins fan 44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Brazil, IN
Age: 44
Posts: 883
Re: Barrow ahead of schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanz301
FINALLY SUMONE AGREES WITH ME THAT PIERCE ISNT THAT GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! look someone doesnt jst show up one day being good....if he was that good someone woulda spotted his potential......THE ONLY REASON HE DID GOOD IS BCUZ OF GREG WILLIAMS SCHEMES.......he was good under it jst liek many other no name guys.......middle linebacker is usually the position that gets most tackles on a team ne ways(most of the time) .......i think BARROW is a HUNDREDx better than pierce...for god sake give him a chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11........ull see in 2 yrs pierce will be no one w/o greg williams
And you probably think Trent Green was going to be a one hit wonder too. Who would of imagined that Trent would still be in the league today. With talent you just never know. Pierce could bite us in the a$$ or he could make us look like genuies by not signing him. But i do agree with you without having Greg Williams he probably wont be as good.
__________________
HTTR!
Skins fan 44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 06:22 PM   #12
Pro Bowl
 
BigSKINBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 26
Posts: 5,637
Re: Barrow ahead of schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinPete
I have to say Pierce had a great year but Marshall also was something very good! With Barrow and Marshall along with the return of Arrington we will be better then last year at LB spots!!!
agreed but u forgot the big man washington
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 06:26 PM   #13
Pro Bowl
 
BigSKINBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 26
Posts: 5,637
Re: Barrow ahead of schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanz301
FINALLY SUMONE AGREES WITH ME THAT PIERCE ISNT THAT GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! look someone doesnt jst show up one day being good....if he was that good someone woulda spotted his potential......THE ONLY REASON HE DID GOOD IS BCUZ OF GREG WILLIAMS SCHEMES.......he was good under it jst liek many other no name guys.......middle linebacker is usually the position that gets most tackles on a team ne ways(most of the time) .......i think BARROW is a HUNDREDx better than pierce...for god sake give him a chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11........ull see in 2 yrs pierce will be no one w/o greg williams
Barrow is much much much better than pierce but if he isn't healthy he isn't much better than any of us. If he recovers he will be an asset to the team but pierce did great and was one of the best at his spot last year and espn put him as mlb of the year in their all star picks. we just were really fortunate last year at LB positions---- if all of our players were healthy

and w/o GW none of the players would be that good
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 11:07 AM   #14
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Barrow ahead of schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1
Pierce is worth every penny he got. He'll even be worth more down the road.
I think Pierce did a great job last year but I think its too early to tell if he was worth what he got. Its a risk teams take in the NFL these days if a player has one good year he gets the big contract. I will have to see his play over the next year or two before I can say he was worth every penny.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 11:57 AM   #15
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 33
Posts: 17,644
Re: Barrow ahead of schedule

I think Pierce will be OK in New York. I loved watching him play but I don't think he warranted the contract he got. The Giants definitely went Redskins-style in buying the one-year splash players.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33114 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25