Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Who Do You Want to Be The Head Coach?

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Pick Your 2014 Redskins Head Coach
Darell Bevell 36 52.94%
Jim Caldwell 5 7.35%
Perry Fewell 1 1.47%
Sean McDermott 26 38.24%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2014, 07:08 PM   #181
Special Teams
 
rome108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 145
Re: Who Do You Want to Be The Head Coach?

I really like this search. We are (FINALLY) doing our due diligence and not just going with retreads and over paying for them or do-boys for Dan. I see a joe Gibbs ala '81 on the horizon!

This clearly has Bruce's fingerprints all over it and not Dan's!
rome108 is offline  

Advertisements
Old 01-04-2014, 07:13 PM   #182
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 12,007
Re: Who Do You Want to Be The Head Coach?

Whoever does end being head coach, if they want to stick with a 3-4 I wouldn't mind bringing in Wade Phillips to coordinate. He's one of those guys who isn't a good head coach but is solid to above-average as a coordinator.
mooby is offline  
Old 01-04-2014, 07:16 PM   #183
Special Teams
 
tmandoug1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: West Palm Beach
Posts: 394
Re: Who Do You Want to Be The Head Coach?

The orioles have sucked since Peter Angelo's and the redskins have basically sucked since Snyder. Just not rooted in tradition like we used to be. The redskins are Snyder's little plaything, until we break that we are doomed. If anything ever comes out about RGIII and Snyder doing Vegas together or flights to Paris over the offseason then my theory will be proven!!!!. bwahahahahahahah.
__________________
T-man
tmandoug1 is offline  
Old 01-04-2014, 07:38 PM   #184
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 12,358
Re: Who Do You Want to Be The Head Coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmandoug1 View Post
The orioles have sucked since Peter Angelo's and the redskins have basically sucked since Snyder. Just not rooted in tradition like we used to be. The redskins are Snyder's little plaything, until we break that we are doomed. If anything ever comes out about RGIII and Snyder doing Vegas together or flights to Paris over the offseason then my theory will be proven!!!!. bwahahahahahahah.
Huh? The Orioles have had a winning record for the past 2 years and made it to the playoffs in 2012, albeit in a Wilcard spot. They've been consistently getting better.

That's a really poor example.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline  
Old 01-04-2014, 08:14 PM   #185
Special Teams
 
chewman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pasadena,MD
Posts: 140
Re: Who Do You Want to Be The Head Coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmandoug1 View Post
The orioles have sucked since Peter Angelo's and the redskins have basically sucked since Snyder. Just not rooted in tradition like we used to be. The redskins are Snyder's little plaything, until we break that we are doomed. If anything ever comes out about RGIII and Snyder doing Vegas together or flights to Paris over the offseason then my theory will be proven!!!!. bwahahahahahahah.
Angelo does not care about the orioles where as Snyder does care. Snyder just hasn't made the right decisions but at least he is trying. This is a terrible example.
chewman is offline  
Old 01-04-2014, 08:21 PM   #186
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,762
Re: Who Do You Want to Be The Head Coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Whoever does end being head coach, if they want to stick with a 3-4 I wouldn't mind bringing in Wade Phillips to coordinate. He's one of those guys who isn't a good head coach but is solid to above-average as a coordinator.
I think your idea is a good one.

What if we had:
HC - Jay Gruden
OC - Chud (Chico's idea)
DC - Pillsbury
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline  
Old 01-04-2014, 08:28 PM   #187
Special Teams
 
tmandoug1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: West Palm Beach
Posts: 394
Re: Who Do You Want to Be The Head Coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Huh? The Orioles have had a winning record for the past 2 years and made it to the playoffs in 2012, albeit in a Wilcard spot. They've been consistently getting better.

That's a really poor example.
The past two out of 20. Please don't misunderstand, I am a die hard o fan but Angelo's sucks.
__________________
T-man
tmandoug1 is offline  
Old 01-04-2014, 08:29 PM   #188
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,960
Re: Who Do You Want to Be The Head Coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
I think your idea is a good one.

What if we had:
HC - Jay Gruden
OC - Chud (Chico's idea)
DC - Pillsbury
Alot to like in that lineup. Just crown it with Special teams: Chico. Swinging gate on the first point after
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is offline  
Old 01-04-2014, 10:00 PM   #189
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,607
Re: Who Do You Want to Be The Head Coach?

We need to talk to Rob Ryan. He's probably not a Allen or Snyder type of guy. I have no idea why he's not being given a chance.
skinsfan69 is offline  
Old 01-04-2014, 10:24 PM   #190
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,596
Re: Who Do You Want to Be The Head Coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
We need to talk to Rob Ryan. He's probably not a Allen or Snyder type of guy. I have no idea why he's not being given a chance.
We don't need anymore drama, like his brother in NY, nor do the Redskins need any of Buddy Ryan's spawn.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline  
Old 01-04-2014, 11:30 PM   #191
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 12,358
Re: Who Do You Want to Be The Head Coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmandoug1 View Post
The past two out of 20. Please don't misunderstand, I am a die hard o fan but Angelo's sucks.
I think the O's made the playoffs back in 96 as well but I know what you're saying. The O's are doing better in spite of him, not because of him.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline  
Old 01-05-2014, 12:45 AM   #192
Playmaker
 
Bucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 3,435
Re: Who Do You Want to Be The Head Coach?

Talked to Ron Saul today, sit's with RG3's family a lot during the games. He told me a few guys that were a lot higher on the charts than others. Also spoke about how the RG3 dad drama was a bunch of crock shit, and RG3 having input on the coach search was shit. RG3's relationship with the coach will be important and any coach coming in will have to understand he's the franchise QB going forward for now, but in now way did RG3 have any say or ridiculous relationship with Snyder.


Russ Grimm might be moving up my charts to be honest.
__________________
HTTR
Redskin Fan since '88
Be friends on Twitter! @thecasualhero

Last edited by Bucket; 01-05-2014 at 11:34 AM.
Bucket is offline  
Old 01-05-2014, 08:36 AM   #193
The Starter
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 2,321
Re: Who Do You Want to Be The Head Coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
Talked to Don Saul today, sit's with RG3's family a lot during the games. He told me a few guys that were a lot higher on the charts than others. Also spoke about how the RG3 dad drama was a bunch of crock shit, and RG3 having input on the coach search was shit. RG3's relationship with the coach will be important and any coach coming in will have to understand he's the franchise QB going forward for now, but in now way did RG3 have any say or ridiculous relationship with Snyder.


Russ Grimm might be moving up my charts to be honest.
Do you mean to say that he named the front runners? If so, please GIVE US THE NAMES! We won't tell anyone else.

Didn't Russ Grimm leave here on bad terms?
__________________
Hope Springs Eternal
KI Skins Fan is offline  
Old 01-05-2014, 09:04 AM   #194
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,789
Re: Who Do You Want to Be The Head Coach?

So you're saying if we want to know who the next head coach is we....better call Saul?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 01-05-2014, 09:14 AM   #195
Mr. Brightside
 
Big C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Age: 28
Posts: 4,442
Re: Who Do You Want to Be The Head Coach?

radio has said that grimm interviewed for HC other places before and hasn't impressed. they also said that he seemed more like a great o-line coach and not so much HC material. I'd take him to coach under Whisenhunt again though
__________________
"I don't care what nobody say I'm a be me, stay hood stay real, cause I'm out here grindin'" -Joe Gibbs
Big C is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27810 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25