Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Jay Gruden hired as head coach of the Redskins

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Do you approve of the hiring of Jay Gruden?
Yes 83 73.45%
No 4 3.54%
I'm still not sure 26 23.01%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2014, 09:46 AM   #31
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,902
Re: Jay Gruden hired as head coach of the Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanc711 View Post
Sean McVay as offensive coordinator who is TWENTY SEVEN. Holy crap I'm old and unsuccessful.
If it helps, you are also older than 35% of NFL players, and Justin Beiber.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  

Advertisements
Old 01-09-2014, 09:50 AM   #32
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,353
Re: Jay Gruden hired as head coach of the Redskins

Obviously he was their guy. They got the guy they wanted so let's see what happens!
skinsfan69 is offline  
Old 01-09-2014, 09:50 AM   #33
Special Teams
 
chrisl13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 2 Minutes away from Fedex Field, Maryland
Posts: 363
Re: Jay Gruden hired as head coach of the Redskins

I dont know how to feel about Sean McVay. He's been heavily endorsed and said to be on the up and coming but I guess we must wait and see...
__________________
Skins, '04 - Forever.
chrisl13 is offline  
Old 01-09-2014, 09:51 AM   #34
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,072
Re: Jay Gruden hired as head coach of the Redskins

Quick Takes: Jay Gruden - Washington Redskins Blog - ESPN

Keim

"6.I know Jay Grudenís brother, Jon, is high on Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins. During an interview I had with him before the Monday night game against San Francisco, Jon Gruden brought up his name unprompted. Does that mean his brother is equally high on Cousins? Donít know. I do know he preferred Andy Dalton over Colin Kaepernick when they both came out of college. But Gruden said that was more because Dalton was much closer to being ready to play immediately. A number of teams liked Kaepernick, but felt he was more of a project. What does it mean for Robert Griffin III? One person involved in the process said if Gruden could turn Dalton into a playoff quarterback, what could he do with Griffin? We might find out soon. Also, Griffin was a consensus top-2 pick, so we're not talking a direct comparison and that Gruden somehow does not like this style of quarterback. Most coaches like quarterbacks who have talent. Griffin remains the most talented one on the Redskins'"

hmmm
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

ó DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is offline  
Old 01-09-2014, 09:52 AM   #35
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,751
Re: Jay Gruden hired as head coach of the Redskins

I'm fine with the Jay Gruden hire, experienced NFL OC from a team that has had three straight playoff appearances with a 30-18 record in a competitive AFC North. He has made something out of nothing in Andy Dalton. We didn't go for the splashy hire, retread coach, some guy out of retirement or a college coach experiment.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 01-09-2014, 09:54 AM   #36
Impact Rookie
 
Hijinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Memphis
Age: 39
Posts: 922
Re: Jay Gruden hired as head coach of the Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Could go down as the biggest f*cking mistake of the Danny Era
That would be saying a lot. Or you don't remember Spurrier and Zorn.
Hijinx is offline  
Old 01-09-2014, 09:56 AM   #37
Special Teams
 
cdskins26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 349
Re: Jay Gruden hired as head coach of the Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Quick Takes: Jay Gruden - Washington Redskins Blog - ESPN

Keim

"6.I know Jay Grudenís brother, Jon, is high on Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins. During an interview I had with him before the Monday night game against San Francisco, Jon Gruden brought up his name unprompted. Does that mean his brother is equally high on Cousins? Donít know. I do know he preferred Andy Dalton over Colin Kaepernick when they both came out of college. But Gruden said that was more because Dalton was much closer to being ready to play immediately. A number of teams liked Kaepernick, but felt he was more of a project. What does it mean for Robert Griffin III? One person involved in the process said if Gruden could turn Dalton into a playoff quarterback, what could he do with Griffin? We might find out soon. Also, Griffin was a consensus top-2 pick, so we're not talking a direct comparison and that Gruden somehow does not like this style of quarterback. Most coaches like quarterbacks who have talent. Griffin remains the most talented one on the Redskins'"

hmmm
While the media has tried it's best to spin what I'm
about to say as negatively as possible, there's no way Jay Gruden would have been hired, let alone hired this quickly, if the organization as well as Jay weren't completely dead-set on Griff being the starting qb they build this offense around. No way around that
cdskins26 is offline  
Old 01-09-2014, 09:58 AM   #38
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,914
Re: Jay Gruden hired as head coach of the Redskins

I'll say this about Haz. At various times our D looked absolutely outclassed and incapable of doing anything. That's reflective of the talent more than anything. Knowing that and considering at times they also looked almost good for stretches perhaps maybe Haz did a better job than we think given the talent level, Note: this is my eternal optimism shining through I am pretty sure.
FRPLG is offline  
Old 01-09-2014, 09:59 AM   #39
The Starter
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 2,069
Re: Jay Gruden hired as head coach of the Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdskins26 View Post
While the media has tried it's best to spin what I'm
about to say as negatively as possible, there's no way Jay Gruden would have been hired, let alone hired this quickly, if the organization as well as Jay weren't completely dead-set on Griff being the starting qb they build this offense around. No way around that
Your are correct!
__________________
Hope Springs Eternal
KI Skins Fan is offline  
Old 01-09-2014, 10:00 AM   #40
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,353
Re: Jay Gruden hired as head coach of the Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Quick Takes: Jay Gruden - Washington Redskins Blog - ESPN

Keim

"6.I know Jay Grudenís brother, Jon, is high on Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins. During an interview I had with him before the Monday night game against San Francisco, Jon Gruden brought up his name unprompted. Does that mean his brother is equally high on Cousins? Donít know. I do know he preferred Andy Dalton over Colin Kaepernick when they both came out of college. But Gruden said that was more because Dalton was much closer to being ready to play immediately. A number of teams liked Kaepernick, but felt he was more of a project. What does it mean for Robert Griffin III? One person involved in the process said if Gruden could turn Dalton into a playoff quarterback, what could he do with Griffin? We might find out soon. Also, Griffin was a consensus top-2 pick, so we're not talking a direct comparison and that Gruden somehow does not like this style of quarterback. Most coaches like quarterbacks who have talent. Griffin remains the most talented one on the Redskins'"

hmmm
For everyone that's down on Dalton, he actually had some monster games this year. He had 33 td's, his turnovers were obviously up but let's not act like Dalton is a garbage QB. He's made the playoffs every year and his numbers got better every year. To me that's a positive. Whether Gruden prefers Griff's style over a Cousins type? ...we'll see. But I would also think that Gruden isn't going to be loyal to either guy.
skinsfan69 is offline  
Old 01-09-2014, 10:00 AM   #41
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,072
Re: Jay Gruden hired as head coach of the Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
That would be saying a lot. Or you don't remember Spurrier and Zorn.
The Zorn HC pick would rival it, but the Spurrier hire was worth a shot. Alot of teams were lined up to hire Spurrier. But when you make a HC hire to move forward, but hold on to the DC from the past regime who didnt do a f*cking thing but fail could waste Jay Gruden years here. Big mistake
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

ó DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is offline  
Old 01-09-2014, 10:01 AM   #42
The Starter
 
backrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: 36.28 x 76.22
Age: 62
Posts: 1,808
Re: Jay Gruden hired as head coach of the Redskins

[QUOTE=Hijinx;1054250]That would be saying a lot. Or you don't remember Spurrier and Zorn.[/QUOTE

Did you have to bring them up?
__________________
'37, '42, '83, '88, '92. Championship!
backrow is offline  
Old 01-09-2014, 10:01 AM   #43
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,440
Re: Jay Gruden hired as head coach of the Redskins

If we are to stick to the 3-4 we should have Wade Philips as DC instead.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline  
Old 01-09-2014, 10:02 AM   #44
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 43
Posts: 4,910
Re: Jay Gruden hired as head coach of the Redskins

I'm ok with it, not excited, not disappointed. He's coming in with his eyes wide open with his relationships already in the building and I'd think that if there were serious concerns about Robert being coachable or his relationship with Snyder, they would have warned him off. Also the promotion of Sean McVay to OC means those two have a good relationship and a foundation to work from.

Bottom line, the roster has to improve in key spots and the noise/drama needs to stop in order for this to be successful.
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline  
Old 01-09-2014, 10:03 AM   #45
The Starter
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 2,069
Re: Jay Gruden hired as head coach of the Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
I'll say this about Haz. At various times our D looked absolutely outclassed and incapable of doing anything. That's reflective of the talent more than anything. Knowing that and considering at times they also looked almost good for stretches perhaps maybe Haz did a better job than we think given the talent level, Note: this is my eternal optimism shining through I am pretty sure.
Just tell me who called the prevent defense on 4th down and goal against Dallas. If Shanny overruled Haz, then OK, I might be judging Haz too harshly. But if Haz called it, then he needs to get the **** out of town - now!
__________________
Hope Springs Eternal
KI Skins Fan is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29770 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25