Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Current 2014 Free Agents

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2014, 05:40 PM   #796
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,696
Re: Current 2014 Free Agents

Kinda hope we lean Clemons or Jenkins over Mitchell.


What is more likely, tanard Jackson returns to the skins for another shot or Rak is traded?
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-09-2014, 06:05 PM   #797
The Starter
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 2,243
Re: Current 2014 Free Agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Kinda hope we lean Clemons or Jenkins over Mitchell.


What is more likely, tanard Jackson returns to the skins for another shot or Rak is traded?
It is more likely that you will become the King of England than either one of those things.
__________________
Hope Springs Eternal
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:35 PM   #798
The Starter
 
SirLK26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,352
Re: Current 2014 Free Agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
The NY Daily News reports free agent CB Alterraun Verner "isn't planning any visits," and intends to sign with a team "shortly after the market opens" on Tuesday. It's possible he already has a deal in place with a team. The Redskins, Giants, Rams, Jets, and Vikings are among the clubs known to have interest in Verner.<snip>
Alterraun Verner is my favorite FA. I'd rather sign him than Byrd or Talib by a long shot.
__________________
"[Trent Murphy] is not going to stand there and be your b****. Be a gentleman, open doors for women, but when s*** hits the fan, he wants to whip you." - Jerry Murphy

MoveOn Petitions - Keep the Washington Redskins Name

Last edited by SirLK26; 03-09-2014 at 08:27 PM.
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:06 PM   #799
The Starter
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 2,243
Re: Current 2014 Free Agents

The Washington Post confirms the Redskins have "expressed interest" in free agent CB Aqib Talib.

There are many connections for Talib in D.C.; DBs coach Raheem Morris was his head coach in Tampa Bay, and GM Bruce Allen drafted Talib when Allen was the Buccaneers' GM in 2008. Per the Post, Talib is "believed to be seeking a contract that would pay him $9 million to $10 million a season." A league insider told the paper the Redskins want to "make a statement at DB" this offseason.


I bolded the last sentence. I assume that they want to make a different statement at DB than the one they made last season.

If the Skins sign Talib, I'll be OK with it. Most of us know the arguments against it, but we also know that he is a true #1 corner. He can cover most #1 receivers one-on-one and virtually take them out of the game. If the Skins add Talib and a solid FS who has good range, we should be much improved in the secondary.

Plan B could be to add Talib, move DHall to FS, start Amerson at the other corner, play Crawford in the slot and start Thomas at SS. That might work, too.

I wonder: Is it possible that the Skins are printing cap money in the basement at Redskins Park?
__________________
Hope Springs Eternal
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:07 PM   #800
The Starter
 
SirLK26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,352
Re: Current 2014 Free Agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmonkforhallofamein07 View Post
I would pass on both of those WR.
Agreed.

I'd be happy signing Andre Roberts, though, along with resigning Moss for 1 year and drafting a WR in the 2nd or 3rd round. Garcon, Roberts, a healthy Hankerson, an improved Robinson, and either Moss or the rookie in the slot would be a fairly significant upgrade, while leaving money for the defense and O-line. And if we would sign Andrew Quarless to pair with a healthy Reed, that would upgrade the receiving corps, again, without spending big money, and without paying question marks like Hakeem Nicks, Kenny Britt, or Eric Decker.

With Hankerson and Reed being injury question marks, and with having more important needs elsewhere, my philosophy would be to sign solid FA WRs like Roberts. Stay away from big money and uncertainty.
__________________
"[Trent Murphy] is not going to stand there and be your b****. Be a gentleman, open doors for women, but when s*** hits the fan, he wants to whip you." - Jerry Murphy

MoveOn Petitions - Keep the Washington Redskins Name
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:08 PM   #801
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,679
Re: Current 2014 Free Agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Kinda hope we lean Clemons or Jenkins over Mitchell.


What is more likely, tanard Jackson returns to the skins for another shot or Rak is traded?
Tanard, easily
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:18 PM   #802
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,696
Re: Current 2014 Free Agents

I hope he has his act together, last chance for sure.
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:26 PM   #803
Special Teams
 
Irrefutable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 267
Re: Current 2014 Free Agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
The Washington Post confirms the Redskins have "expressed interest" in free agent CB Aqib Talib.

There are many connections for Talib in D.C.; DBs coach Raheem Morris was his head coach in Tampa Bay, and GM Bruce Allen drafted Talib when Allen was the Buccaneers' GM in 2008. Per the Post, Talib is "believed to be seeking a contract that would pay him $9 million to $10 million a season." A league insider told the paper the Redskins want to "make a statement at DB" this offseason.


I bolded the last sentence. I assume that they want to make a different statement at DB than the one they made last season.

If the Skins sign Talib, I'll be OK with it. Most of us know the arguments against it, but we also know that he is a true #1 corner. He can cover most #1 receivers one-on-one and virtually take them out of the game. If the Skins add Talib and a solid FS who has good range, we should be much improved in the secondary.

Plan B could be to add Talib, move DHall to FS, start Amerson at the other corner, play Crawford in the slot and start Thomas at SS. That might work, too.

I wonder: Is it possible that the Skins are printing cap money in the basement at Redskins Park?
the only statement they would be making is they still don't know how to manage their salary cap.

The Redskins already have $11 million in dead cap space now,and they will probably be close to $20 million by the start of the season. Will they ever learn ? It is foolish to sign big long term contracts to older players.
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:27 PM   #804
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,689
Re: Current 2014 Free Agents

Redskins Free Agency Rumors - Hogs Haven

Here some more brain exploding info
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:35 PM   #805
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,689
Re: Current 2014 Free Agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLK26 View Post
Agreed.

I'd be happy signing Andre Roberts, though, along with resigning Moss for 1 year and drafting a WR in the 2nd or 3rd round. Garcon, Roberts, a healthy Hankerson, an improved Robinson, and either Moss or the rookie in the slot would be a fairly significant upgrade, while leaving money for the defense and O-line. And if we would sign Andrew Quarless to pair with a healthy Reed, that would upgrade the receiving corps, again, without spending big money, and without paying question marks like Hakeem Nicks, Kenny Britt, or Eric Decker.

With Hankerson and Reed being injury question marks, and with having more important needs elsewhere, my philosophy would be to sign solid FA WRs like Roberts. Stay away from big money and uncertainty.

I tend to agree with most of your opening paragraph other than bringing back moss, but it wouldn't bother me to much either way. Quarrels and Roberts would be nice additions to the team and provide some nice targets for III.

No to Nicks and other bigger name WRs I have heard thrown around.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:25 PM   #806
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,104
Re: Current 2014 Free Agents

I'd like Talib but not for 10 plus a yr, we have other major needs at WR and OL as well.. Rather just sign pretty good players all around than 1 and a bunch of guys that wont make a difference
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:33 PM   #807
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,090
Re: Current 2014 Free Agents

Now Nicks has said that he is open to a 1 year prove it deal, are you all ok with that? Because no doubt Nicks can play.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:37 PM   #808
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,104
Re: Current 2014 Free Agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Now Nicks has said that he is open to a 1 year prove it deal, are you all ok with that? Because no doubt Nicks can play.

best move he could make but he's going to Carolina I just have always thought that
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:39 PM   #809
The Starter
 
SirLK26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,352
Re: Current 2014 Free Agents

Hakeem Nicks wants to play with Colts' Andrew Luck - NFL.com

Quote:
Now Nicks is clarifying that he wants a long-term deal from a team with a established quarterback and a need at wide receiver.
__________________
"[Trent Murphy] is not going to stand there and be your b****. Be a gentleman, open doors for women, but when s*** hits the fan, he wants to whip you." - Jerry Murphy

MoveOn Petitions - Keep the Washington Redskins Name
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:31 AM   #810
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Current 2014 Free Agents

i'd take nicks on a prove 1-year deal. there's no way i'd throw a full contract at him though unless it was all incentive based (production AND playing time).

i'd rather grab roberts or britt (assuming they're cheap) and call it a day there.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 1.43482 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25