Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Around the NFL Div. Round Playoffs

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2014, 09:09 AM   #331
Impact Rookie
 
Gary84Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 863
Re: Around the NFL Div. Round Playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
It's in reference to keeping a low profile. Luck chose to go that route and RGIII hasn't. Well, when you want the spotlight, expect that light to burn you when things go wrong. With the media shit storm DC has, he would be better off going to Luck route.

He doesn't help himself out by making that target on his back even bigger than what it would be if he didn't do any branding. In the story today, he responded to a fan about how he didn't want the media attention. Well, if he didn't want the media attention.....WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU DRAWING ATTENTION TO YOURSELF VIA COMMERCIALS AND MARKETING????

Robert Griffin III of Washington Redskins responds to critics on Facebook post - ESPN

If he doesn't want that kind of publicity, then he needs to take a route with a lower profile. It's going to be bad enough with DC media as it is, why make it that much worse?


For the record, I understand Robert gets the raw deal when it comes to the media, and it's often not fair. That said, he needs to minimize what ammo and fuel he gives them.
Those are fans from other teams piling on because his roookie year he was the de facto face of the NFL. Alot of people resented that. Comes with the territory, he should not have outshined Luck. Oliver's friends are mad also.
Gary84Clark is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-14-2014, 09:14 AM   #332
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,514
Re: Around the NFL Div. Round Playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
It's in reference to keeping a low profile. Luck chose to go that route and RGIII hasn't. Well, when you want the spotlight, expect that light to burn you when things go wrong. With the media shit storm DC has, he would be better off going to Luck route.

He doesn't help himself out by making that target on his back even bigger than what it would be if he didn't do any branding. In the story today, he responded to a fan about how he didn't want the media attention. Well, if he didn't want the media attention.....WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU DRAWING ATTENTION TO YOURSELF VIA COMMERCIALS AND MARKETING????

Robert Griffin III of Washington Redskins responds to critics on Facebook post - ESPN

If he doesn't want that kind of publicity, then he needs to take a route with a lower profile. It's going to be bad enough with DC media as it is, why make it that much worse?


For the record, I understand Robert gets the raw deal when it comes to the media, and it's often not fair. That said, he needs to minimize what ammo and fuel he gives them.
For someone that's so intelligent and polished, RG3 seems to fail to realize these things. It's as if now he's like.." what's the problem?" ...he just doesn't get it. Whether he realizes it or not, his branding machine has become bigger than the team. That's fine if you're Peyton Manning, not so with a 2nd year guy.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:18 AM   #333
Impact Rookie
 
Gary84Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 863
Re: Around the NFL Div. Round Playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
For someone that's so intelligent and polished, RG3 seems to fail to realize these things. It's as if now he's like.." what's the problem?" ...he just doesn't get it. Whether he realizes it or not, his branding machine has become bigger than the team. That's fine if you're Peyton Manning, not so with a 2nd year guy.
That sounds like a double standard.

also, RG3 is a communications major, there is no way he could let this opportunity pass him by. He was trained to market and brand. That is his profession.
Gary84Clark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:51 AM   #334
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,855
Re: Around the NFL Div. Round Playoffs

If the commercials aren't a problem when they win, they shouldn't be a problem when they lose either. Just an example of petty, dimwitted people out there focusing on the wrong stuff.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:51 AM   #335
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,085
Re: Around the NFL Div. Round Playoffs

People need to get over the whole "keep low profile" unrealistic expectation. Even if RG3 were to give up all of his commercials, our local TMZ-like sports media will be all over him. What is he supposed to do, go live in a f*cking bunker?

Doing less commercials is not going to make him a better QB. Being completely healthy, without a knee brace, with the benefit of a full second offseason, and having some good talent around him is what's going to make him a better QB.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:56 AM   #336
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,855
Re: Around the NFL Div. Round Playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
People need to get over the whole "keep low profile" unrealistic expectation. Even if RG3 were to give up all of his commercials, our local TMZ-like sports media will be all over him. What is he supposed to do, go live in a f*cking bunker?

Doing less commercials is not going to make him a better QB. Being completely healthy, without a knee brace, with the benefit of a full second offseason, and having some good talent around him is what's going to make him a better QB.
Exactly.

And just because he does commercials he's supposed to take all this stupid and unfair criticism without being able to say anything?

Dumb.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:12 AM   #337
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,714
Re: Around the NFL Div. Round Playoffs

Good god the offseason sucks, so RG3 sux now because he does commercials? come'on people, a ton of stupid since the end of the season
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:14 AM   #338
Special Teams
 
ashvirtually's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 158
Re: Around the NFL Div. Round Playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
People need to get over the whole "keep low profile" unrealistic expectation. Even if RG3 were to give up all of his commercials, our local TMZ-like sports media will be all over him. What is he supposed to do, go live in a f*cking bunker?

Doing less commercials is not going to make him a better QB. Being completely healthy, without a knee brace, with the benefit of a full second offseason, and having some good talent around him is what's going to make him a better QB.
Well said.

And he needs that talent on both sides of the ball.

He needs a Defense and Special Teams that can tackle, are not always getting burned over the middle and in the backfield, and are not always giving up the big play when it really matters; giving up an average 300 yards and 30 points per game is NOT surrounding him with talent. All of his contemporaries have a complimentary solid unit on the other side of the ball - and in the case of the Seachickens it's flat-out sick.

Thinking like this, though, requires some perspective, which is in short supply.
ashvirtually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:22 AM   #339
Special Teams
 
ashvirtually's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 158
Re: Around the NFL Div. Round Playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Good god the offseason sucks, so RG3 sux now because he does commercials? come'on people, a ton of stupid since the end of the season
The end of the season?

Peeps been waxing stupid since the Green Bay loss. The lack of critical thinking surrounding this bad season (a bad season, nothing more) and the sheer amount of it, at this point, is almost surreal.
ashvirtually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:34 AM   #340
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,104
So now Cleveland is after Adam Gase.. geez nobody wants that job
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:38 AM   #341
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,855
Re: Around the NFL Div. Round Playoffs

Zorn will take it.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:29 PM   #342
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,085
Re: Around the NFL Div. Round Playoffs

Jim Caldwell to the Lions...

Detroit Lions to hire Jim Caldwell as head coach - NFL.com
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:36 PM   #343
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,918
Re: Around the NFL Div. Round Playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Hopefully he doesn't forget to find a quality backup qb this time.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:53 PM   #344
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,632
Re: Around the NFL Div. Round Playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
If the commercials aren't a problem when they win, they shouldn't be a problem when they lose either. Just an example of petty, dimwitted people out there focusing on the wrong stuff.
Yep, the commercials arent a big deal especially since he's is contractually obligated to do them. The same with his weekly pressers during the season, its something that has to be done as part of the job.

Where I do think RG could stfu is with things like his recent facebook post and twitter. That stuff isnt helpful and just provides fuel for the fire.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:38 PM   #345
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,800
Re: Around the NFL Div. Round Playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
People need to get over the whole "keep low profile" unrealistic expectation. Even if RG3 were to give up all of his commercials, our local TMZ-like sports media will be all over him. What is he supposed to do, go live in a f*cking bunker?
It's really really simple. If you don't want the heat from the attention you draw to yourself via marketing, don't do it. That attention works both positively and negatively depending on the circumstances. I've noted that there would be a circus regardless, but by putting oneself into the spotlight, you draw yet additional attention that probably wouldn't be as magnified had you not put yourself out there. You don't think that dumbass "ALL IN FOR WEEK ONE" bullshit didn't put pressure on people in that organization? You are very shortsighted if you think not.

I don't think anybody is asking him to live in a bunker or stop living his life. He needs (and you fans do as well) need to stop talking about the media negativity towards him while he's continually throwing his image out there via ads/promotions/etc..


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary84Clark View Post
also, RG3 is a communications major, there is no way he could let this opportunity pass him by. He was trained to market and brand. That is his profession.
If communication was his major, he must have been asleep in class during those lectures, because he failed horribly at communication during this past off-season on through the season.


ps. Communications isn't a major that trains one how to market themselves. That would be Marketing.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29221 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25