Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Jordan Reed makes PFWA All-Rookie team

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2014, 05:09 PM   #1
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,442
Jordan Reed makes PFWA All-Rookie team

Washington Redskins TE Jordan Reed earns PFWA honor - ESPN
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-14-2014, 05:26 PM   #2
The Starter
 
SirLK26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,164
Re: Jordan Reed makes PFWA All-Rookie team

If you project his 9-game stats over 16 games, that's 80 catches for 886 yards and 5 TDs. That's huge for any TE, but especially a rookie; and if he can stay out of injury trouble, we'll have our next Cooley.
__________________
"[Trent Murphy] is not going to stand there and be your b****. Be a gentleman, open doors for women, but when s*** hits the fan, he wants to whip you." - Jerry Murphy

MoveOn Petitions - Keep the Washington Redskins Name
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:47 AM   #3
Impact Rookie
 
Evilgrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 621
Re: Jordan Reed makes PFWA All-Rookie team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLK26 View Post
we'll have our next Cooley.
Heh, give Reed more credit than that. He looks like a truly elite reciever/TE. I like Chris, but Reed looks to be on another level.
__________________
Chris Russell: "To clarify point I made on @ESPNRadio980 - clearly Mike Shanahan wanted Peyton Manning in '12. He also very much desired Russell Wilson."

Mike Shanahan never was able to get the players he wanted, lets all cry for him.
Evilgrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:54 AM   #4
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,499
Re: Jordan Reed makes PFWA All-Rookie team

If Reed stays healthy, he's going to be a mighty elite weapon for RGIII in the coming years.
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:57 AM   #5
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,556
Re: Jordan Reed makes PFWA All-Rookie team

If he had stayed healthy he definitely would have put up some impressive numbers. Hopefully he can get that concussion issue straightened out. He's a hell of a weapon.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:15 PM   #6
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,111
Re: Jordan Reed makes PFWA All-Rookie team

Jordan Reed was certainly one of Mike Shanahan's best draft picks for the Redskins.....there are concerns about his health very early in his career.....he has the talent to be perhaps the best TE in the NFL......
__________________
Touchdown Washington Redskins!!!
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:32 PM   #7
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: baltimore
Posts: 3,186
Re: Jordan Reed makes PFWA All-Rookie team

not to be a debbie downer but i dont see reed with an elite player potential.
while i think he will stick around longer and be more productive, this reminds me of chris horton.

i think the shanahans dialed up plays to get him open very well and RG3 didnt hesitate to feed him the ball.

im really interested to see if the offense nose dives now that the shannys are gone.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:36 PM   #8
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,556
Re: Jordan Reed makes PFWA All-Rookie team

Reed = Horton

Huh?

The guy is a legit talent at TE, very athletic and has a great feel for routes/getting open. Plus he's still very green at the position.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:41 PM   #9
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: baltimore
Posts: 3,186
Re: Jordan Reed makes PFWA All-Rookie team

horton in the sense that i think the fans have anointed him as a perennial probowler a little to early.

but its just my gut that he will be good but not great ... i think cooley is a good comparison. makes the catch when its thrown to him but doesnt necessarily force the D to scheme and account for him like a jimmy graham.

just my gut instinct with no objective thing to point to.

very happy to have him.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:46 PM   #10
Special Teams
 
SCRedskinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 394
Re: Jordan Reed makes PFWA All-Rookie team

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
horton in the sense that i think the fans have anointed him as a perennial probowler a little to early.

but its just my gut that he will be good but not great ... i think cooley is a good comparison. makes the catch when its thrown to him but doesnt necessarily force the D to scheme and account for him like a jimmy graham.

just my gut instinct with no objective thing to point to.

very happy to have him.
My gut instinct is that your gut instinct is wrong.

What a dumb premise for an opinion post. You just gotta do better than that unless you're posting on the other Skins site!
SCRedskinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:21 PM   #11
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,556
Re: Jordan Reed makes PFWA All-Rookie team

Reed is far more gifted athletically than Cooley ever was. Cooley was just a blue collar overachiever type. Reed has the potential to be very, very good.

Jordan Reed will 'scare the hell out of' Ds, Jaws says - NFL.com

Rookie Redskins Tight End Jordan Reed Has a Remarkably High Ceiling | Bleacher Report
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:20 PM   #12
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: baltimore
Posts: 3,186
Re: Jordan Reed makes PFWA All-Rookie team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRedskinsFan View Post
My gut instinct is that your gut instinct is wrong.

What a dumb premise for an opinion post. You just gotta do better than that unless you're posting on the other Skins site!
lol your probably right.

i just think that the shannys did a good job of play calling in getting the first read open sometimes wide open (2012) and i think reed benefited from the shannys making him option no. 1 for those 6 games or so ... just like fred davis did 2 years ago and garcon did this year.

i dont think the offense will be as good next year and i dont think reed will be option no. 1 in the offense next year. the shannys could make anyone look good or non-existent on offense if they wanted to imo.

anyways, i use gut and opinion and subjective inter-changeably. hes good but i dont see elite or best TE .. but im wrong a lot and we only got a small glimpse of him.

every single comment on here is an opinion or subjective thought. you have yours, i have mine. ce la vie my fellow fan.

anyways .. he looks to be a good TE and a great pick for 4th round or where ever he was picked
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:28 PM   #13
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,442
Re: Jordan Reed makes PFWA All-Rookie team

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
not to be a debbie downer but i dont see reed with an elite player potential.
while i think he will stick around longer and be more productive, this reminds me of chris horton.

i think the shanahans dialed up plays to get him open very well and RG3 didnt hesitate to feed him the ball.

im really interested to see if the offense nose dives now that the shannys are gone.
While I disagree with you about Reed's potential in terms of skills, your caution about Horton is a good one. Many people anointed him way too early.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:58 PM   #14
Special Teams
 
SCRedskinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 394
Re: Jordan Reed makes PFWA All-Rookie team

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
lol your probably right.

i just think that the shannys did a good job of play calling in getting the first read open sometimes wide open (2012) and i think reed benefited from the shannys making him option no. 1 for those 6 games or so ... just like fred davis did 2 years ago and garcon did this year.

i dont think the offense will be as good next year and i dont think reed will be option no. 1 in the offense next year. the shannys could make anyone look good or non-existent on offense if they wanted to imo.

anyways, i use gut and opinion and subjective inter-changeably. hes good but i dont see elite or best TE .. but im wrong a lot and we only got a small glimpse of him.

every single comment on here is an opinion or subjective thought. you have yours, i have mine. ce la vie my fellow fan.

anyways .. he looks to be a good TE and a great pick for 4th round or where ever he was picked

Good response, sorry if I sounded harsh.

My only real concern for Jordan Reed is shared by several here: Is he durable enough for the NFL? Was his early shutdown an indication of a serious concussion or just precautionary?

His performance on the field showed that he could compete well as a rookie. There's no real reason to think he wouldn't continue to grow as a player -- but then that was the consensus for our QB too...

And no, not everything here is just opinion and subjective thought, there's a lot of excellent fact based commentary here as well, which is why we choose this as our Redskins online home.
SCRedskinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:59 PM   #15
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,993
Re: Jordan Reed makes PFWA All-Rookie team

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
lol your probably right.

i just think that the shannys did a good job of play calling in getting the first read open sometimes wide open (2012) and i think reed benefited from the shannys making him option no. 1 for those 6 games or so ... just like fred davis did 2 years ago and garcon did this year.

i dont think the offense will be as good next year and i dont think reed will be option no. 1 in the offense next year. the shannys could make anyone look good or non-existent on offense if they wanted to imo.

anyways, i use gut and opinion and subjective inter-changeably. hes good but i dont see elite or best TE .. but im wrong a lot and we only got a small glimpse of him.

every single comment on here is an opinion or subjective thought. you have yours, i have mine. ce la vie my fellow fan.

anyways .. he looks to be a good TE and a great pick for 4th round or where ever he was picked
I think while your specific concerns are legit ones, you may have missed the offensive nosedive while the Shanahan's were here. The three worst passing offenses the Redskins fielded in the last decade came under the Shanahan regime. 2012 was great, and Kyle Shanahan should take his credit for that run, but it was the outlier.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28240 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25