Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


D-Line.

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2005, 12:45 AM   #31
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,222
Re: D-Line.

I've taken a lot of swipes from some of the newer members who I guess don't like my view on the skins. I've been able to contain myself up until the 10 hour homework binge I call Tuesday. I shouldn't have lashed out as such, but I'm all for playful kidding and I get it a lot. That's fine. It totally seperate when someone (who rarely has anything constructive to actually add) comes in and makes comments which are personal and have no bearing on the board - I'll only tolerate so much of it without responding. Either way - this is the last I'll say on the topic.
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-30-2005, 02:39 AM   #32
Playmaker
 
Redskins8588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ridgway, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 2,519
Re: D-Line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by offiss
Yea as Daseal stated gm's are speculating where to play either Williams, or Jackson, they are not used to seeing men of their size playing WR, I believe these 2 will be the culmination of a trend we are starting to see in the NFL of the big reciever, they will be the hybrids of the new era. I saw both of their combine workouts and Jackson runs better than Williams, I was very impressed for a man of his size.
I agree that we should take a look at V. Jackson, but my fear is that he will be gone by the time we get to pick again after the first round. Jackson had a really good combine workout and not just his 40 time either. I think that he would be a great redzone threat. Also having that size he probably is not that bad at making downfield blocks too!!
__________________
"I am the best at what I do, and what I do isn't very nice" - Sean Taylor
Redskins8588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 03:41 AM   #33
Pro Bowl
 
BigSKINBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 26
Posts: 5,637
Re: D-Line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal
I've taken a lot of swipes from some of the newer members who I guess don't like my view on the skins. I've been able to contain myself up until the 10 hour homework binge I call Tuesday. I shouldn't have lashed out as such, but I'm all for playful kidding and I get it a lot. That's fine. It totally seperate when someone (who rarely has anything constructive to actually add) comes in and makes comments which are personal and have no bearing on the board - I'll only tolerate so much of it without responding. Either way - this is the last I'll say on the topic.
i am a new comer and i can't speak for all of us but i respect your opinions and if you feel offended you can tell me i just think u like smoot a little too much but i read all of your threads that i see which i don't do for everyone
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 03:49 AM   #34
Pro Bowl
 
BigSKINBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 26
Posts: 5,637
Re: D-Line.

now lets all sing cum by ya and think about how all of our troubles will go away when we are winning. We are all just frustrated, thats it frustrated b/c we haven't been to the playoffs since 99' so lets join hands and pray
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 06:27 AM   #35
Special Teams
 
DirtBagZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 351
Re: D-Line.

Let's keep something in mind. Last year we had a solidly ranked defense and this is with an offence that was well in a word putrid, especially when Brunnell was taking the snaps behind center. I think the offence should improve dramatically this year, especially the o-line. If we get a serious old-school Burgund-n-Gold running game going...look out NFC.
DirtBagZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 08:42 AM   #36
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,559
Re: D-Line.

If we bring back the same exact lineup on the defensive line I won't be disappointed at all. They were a very solid unit last year, and hopefully Daniels can stay healthy and give us a bit of a pass rush.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 11:04 AM   #37
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: D-Line.

Am I the only one that remembers the D Line being projected as being a revolving door? The media was saying last season would be awful because we had no one on that D-Line.

We'll be better than last season, we haven't lost anyone that was a critical component.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 11:42 AM   #38
Special Teams
 
jrocx69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas
Age: 33
Posts: 461
Re: D-Line.

my bad for the negative feedback daseal, you just have moronic posts... "now dont take it personal" its your football knowledge, not you as a person....

and offiss, lol, i think you fall under the same category of knowledge, but its just MO... "dont take it personal" ... the giants had marshall at DE that corrupted OT's with LT which was a DE most of the time... if you actually watch the games back then, you would see parcells using a 5-2 D... with marshall and LT on opposite sides. LT just didnt come out of stance, but was on the line majority of the time, whether he rushed or fell into coverage
jrocx69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 12:25 PM   #39
Impact Rookie
 
Drift Reality's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 506
Re: D-Line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrocx69
wow, i always see a dumb post, and its you, lol

DE is a huge peice of the D puzzle we are missing, and should be addressed. i love the blitzing style of williams myself, but having a pressure front four makes us #1 D in the league hands down. we need a DE speed rusher w/o using lbs... its common sense deutsche.... i mean daseal
Wait - doesn't "deutsche" mean "german," in german?

What kind of insult is this?

Did you mean "Douche?"
Drift Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 12:29 PM   #40
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,810
Re: D-Line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift Reality
Wait - doesn't "deutsche" mean "german," in german?

What kind of insult is this?

Did you mean "Douche?"
that's pretty damn funny
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 01:19 PM   #41
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 33
Posts: 17,577
Re: D-Line.

HA! I hope you don't choke on all that foot.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 01:52 PM   #42
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,559
Re: D-Line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrocx69
wow, i always see a dumb post, and its you, lol

DE is a huge peice of the D puzzle we are missing, and should be addressed. i love the blitzing style of williams myself, but having a pressure front four makes us #1 D in the league hands down. we need a DE speed rusher w/o using lbs... its common sense deutsche.... i mean daseal
there's really no need for a garbage post like this
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 02:49 PM   #43
Impact Rookie
 
Drift Reality's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 506
Re: D-Line.

Especially when you can't f-ing spell.

Also, "jrocx69" is a pretty busted name.

With names like "Ade Jimoh Fan Club" floating around, you don't stand a chance.

Sorry, but you are minor league.
Drift Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 03:04 PM   #44
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: D-Line.

I agree with Drift, you can use a name as a quality indicator to some extent.

Except mine. Mine is purely descriptive as both Brud and Riggo44 can attest.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 03:40 PM   #45
Pro Bowl
 
BigSKINBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 26
Posts: 5,637
Re: D-Line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrocx69
my bad for the negative feedback daseal, you just have moronic posts... "now dont take it personal" its your football knowledge, not you as a person....

and offiss, lol, i think you fall under the same category of knowledge, but its just MO... "dont take it personal" ... the giants had marshall at DE that corrupted OT's with LT which was a DE most of the time... if you actually watch the games back then, you would see parcells using a 5-2 D... with marshall and LT on opposite sides. LT just didnt come out of stance, but was on the line majority of the time, whether he rushed or fell into coverage
lets go look at your post and see how much knowledge you have, that post acomplished nothing bitch!
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27834 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25