Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Cousins Open to Trade.

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2014, 06:42 AM   #226
Playmaker
 
NYCskinfan82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Queens, NYC
Age: 44
Posts: 3,429
Re: Cousins Open to Trade.

If KC stays so be it, but his value will never be higher.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-04-2014, 09:53 AM   #227
The Starter
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 2,240
Re: Cousins Open to Trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dull Roar View Post
I too dream of BJ...
Maybe you guys should get together.
__________________
Hope Springs Eternal
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:35 AM   #228
Special Teams
 
Irrefutable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 267
Re: Cousins Open to Trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post
If KC stays so be it, but his value will never be higher.
not necessarily. if Cousins has a good pre-season, or plays because RG3 gets hurt his value will go up. also when starting QBs get hurt, or underachieve the demand goes up.
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 12:14 PM   #229
Playmaker
 
NYCskinfan82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Queens, NYC
Age: 44
Posts: 3,429
Re: Cousins Open to Trade.

Let's say you bring KC in now 2yrs remaining on rookie contract first year 10-6 second year 6-10 you can resign him for a team favorable contract or start the rookie you had sitting on the bench fot 2yrs. Better than bringing KC in next year last year of his rookie contact team goes 10-6 KC has all the contract leverage then team goes 7-9 and team looks like it's being mismanaged.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 12:54 PM   #230
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,630
Re: Cousins Open to Trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post
Let's say you bring KC in now 2yrs remaining on rookie contract first year 10-6 second year 6-10 you can resign him for a team favorable contract or start the rookie you had sitting on the bench fot 2yrs. Better than bringing KC in next year last year of his rookie contact team goes 10-6 KC has all the contract leverage then team goes 7-9 and team looks like it's being mismanaged.
I agree. KC's most valuable asset is his youth. The younger we sell him, if we do, the higher the price.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 02:40 PM   #231
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,656
Re: Cousins Open to Trade.

There should be no urgency to trade Cousins. Unless we're offered a good deal, like 2nd rounder or guaranteed good starter at another position, I'm happy we have a decent backup QB.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 06:38 PM   #232
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,062
Re: Cousins Open to Trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
There should be no urgency to trade Cousins. Unless we're offered a good deal, like 2nd rounder or guaranteed good starter at another position, I'm happy we have a decent backup QB.
Colt McCoy is a decent backup qb. Time to trade Cousins
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:06 PM   #233
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,104
I agree trade em for a 3rd or 4th
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:56 PM   #234
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,302
Re: Cousins Open to Trade.

Unload the boy now before he gets any older or throws any more picks.
An extra third rounder this year would be pretty sweet.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:24 PM   #235
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: Cousins Open to Trade.

Any suggestions on which team would give us the best trade?
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:15 PM   #236
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,062
Re: Cousins Open to Trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Any suggestions on which team would give us the best trade?
Browns have the most to give away and would be the stupidest team and probably give us the most.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:15 PM   #237
Special Teams
 
The Dull Roar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 114
Re: Cousins Open to Trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Any suggestions on which team would give us the best trade?
My guess would be the browns since they have 10 draft picks (7 of them being in the first 4 rounds). I'm sure it also doesn't hurt that Kyle Shanahan is their OC and he likes Kirk.

If not the browns then i can see it being a team that might skip out on drafting a qb early in the draft like the Jaguars or the Raiders. Maybe even the Vikings.
The Dull Roar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 11:35 PM   #238
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,427
Re: Cousins Open to Trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Any suggestions on which team would give us the best trade?
How about Arizona, TB or the Rams?
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 01:04 AM   #239
The Starter
 
SirLK26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,344
Re: Cousins Open to Trade.

Trading for Cousins makes sense for a lot of teams, if they think he can develop into a good QB. You have all the QB needy teams like Houston, Jacksonville, Minnesota, and maybe Cleveland and Tampa Bay that could play him immediately. Then you have the teams like Arizona and Oakland with veteran QBs that could sit him for a few years before having him start.

I don't think he'll ever be more than a great backup/below-average starter, and if someone offers a 3rd or a 4th plus a later pick, we need to take it. Also, if we're really fielding offers and are actually interested in trading him, we need to do it this offseason, preferably before the draft. We won't get peanuts for him next year.
__________________
"[Trent Murphy] is not going to stand there and be your b****. Be a gentleman, open doors for women, but when s*** hits the fan, he wants to whip you." - Jerry Murphy

MoveOn Petitions - Keep the Washington Redskins Name
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:31 AM   #240
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,524
Re: Cousins Open to Trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLK26 View Post
Trading for Cousins makes sense for a lot of teams, if they think he can develop into a good QB. You have all the QB needy teams like Houston, Jacksonville, Minnesota, and maybe Cleveland and Tampa Bay that could play him immediately. Then you have the teams like Arizona and Oakland with veteran QBs that could sit him for a few years before having him start.

I don't think he'll ever be more than a great backup/below-average starter, and if someone offers a 3rd or a 4th plus a later pick, we need to take it. Also, if we're really fielding offers and are actually interested in trading him, we need to do it this offseason, preferably before the draft. We won't get peanuts for him next year.
Welp. The draft is this week, so if it happens, it will happen this week. I think it happens on or right before draft day. Would be nice to pick up an extra 3rd and/or 4th.
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.34605 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25