Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Santana Moss is back on a 1 year deal

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2014, 03:56 PM   #46
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 12,757
Re: Santana Moss is back on a 1 year deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Vet minimum deal. Can't imagine there are any complaints now. Not even from Irish.

It's clear Gruden is going to have everyone compete. Aside from Pierre and Roberts, I don't think we know where anybody stands in the pecking order.
I feel like

#1 Garcon
#2 ???
#3 Roberts
#4Moss/Robinson

Hank REALLY isn't a number #2 between bad hands and constant injuries. I hope we either draft some ready to start talent or keep looking at FAs
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-12-2014, 04:03 PM   #47
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,996
Re: Santana Moss is back on a 1 year deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I feel like

#1 Garcon
#2 ???
#3 Roberts
#4Moss/Robinson

Hank REALLY isn't a number #2 between bad hands and constant injuries. I hope we either draft some ready to start talent or keep looking at FAs
I agree.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:06 PM   #48
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,364
Re: Santana Moss is back on a 1 year deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I feel like

#1 Garcon
#2 ???
#3 Roberts
#4Moss/Robinson

Hank REALLY isn't a number #2 between bad hands and constant injuries. I hope we either draft some ready to start talent or keep looking at FAs
Yeah like I said, we really have no idea aside from Pierre and Roberts. Is Robinson #4? Is Santana? Is Hank even in the picture with his injury? Do we even have a #2, or are they not on the roster yet?

Lot left to determine.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:10 PM   #49
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,731
Re: Santana Moss is back on a 1 year deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Vet minimum deal. Can't imagine there are any complaints now. Not even from Irish.

It's clear Gruden is going to have everyone compete. Aside from Pierre and Roberts, I don't think we know where anybody stands in the pecking order.
The only deal better than vet minimum would have been to wish him well and send him on his way but they didnt. If he competes and wins a job then I dont have a problem with him playing.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:32 PM   #50
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 44
Posts: 4,952
Re: Santana Moss is back on a 1 year deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary84Clark View Post
Santana Moss is good luck.
TO WHO?!?!? What's his record as a Redskin?

I hate that it seems that I am going in on Moss like I don't appreciate his overall career, I do, but c'mon he was done after '12.
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:49 PM   #51
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,364
Re: Santana Moss is back on a 1 year deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
TO WHO?!?!? What's his record as a Redskin?

I hate that it seems that I am going in on Moss like I don't appreciate his overall career, I do, but c'mon he was done after '12.
Done as our #1, sure. But can he still play in the NFL? Sure. He assures us of a valid #4 WR if we don't find somebody else better.

Just because a guy is way past his prime doesn't mean he's not useful.

50% of a shitload is still half a shitload. I just coined that phrase. You're welcome. Yes you may quote it.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:59 PM   #52
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 44
Posts: 4,952
Re: Santana Moss is back on a 1 year deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Done as our #1, sure. But can he still play in the NFL? Sure. He assures us of a valid #4 WR if we don't find somebody else better.

Just because a guy is way past his prime doesn't mean he's not useful.

50% of a shitload is still half a shitload. I just coined that phrase. You're welcome. Yes you may quote it.
Nice, lol.
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:20 AM   #53
Registered User
 
Gary84Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,035
Re: Santana Moss is back on a 1 year deal

Moss will always be around that's Tanna man the cowboy killer. He always welcome round these parts. We are not gonna do him like the Panthers did Smitty.
Gary84Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:26 AM   #54
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,426
Re: Santana Moss is back on a 1 year deal

Whatever....he's gotta make the roster first....call me in July.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 02:08 PM   #55
Impact Rookie
 
81forHOF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mt Holly Springs, PA
Age: 42
Posts: 551
Re: Santana Moss is back on a 1 year deal

So he had a few uncharacteristic drops last year. Big Deal. I think we can give his hands the benefit of the doubt. Moss will beat out younger competition, fight his way onto the field and end up with 50 catches and 6 tds. And the whole time leading by example. GREAT SIGNING!
__________________
81 is where he belongs!
81forHOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 02:36 PM   #56
The Starter
 
Meks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Jersey
Age: 29
Posts: 2,131
Re: Santana Moss is back on a 1 year deal

yea I mean, who do you trust more on the roster than moss? (besides garcon and an emerging reed) .. who? .. great signing IMO.. He's still fast. He still gets open, he's still got good hands and proved (mostly) reliable on 3rd downs.. he and rg3 have a good rapport.... moss will retire here, end of story.
__________________
Leader of the Avy boycott until this organization makes smarter choices.

R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 10:54 AM   #57
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
yea I mean, who do you trust more on the roster than moss? (besides garcon and an emerging reed) .. who? .. great signing IMO.. He's still fast. He still gets open, he's still got good hands and proved (mostly) reliable on 3rd downs.. he and rg3 have a good rapport.... moss will retire here, end of story.

Agreed!
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.23956 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25