Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins agree to deal with Jason Hatcher

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2014, 08:46 PM   #16
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,273
Re: Redskins agree to deal with Jason Hatcher

we are paying this joker 28 mil? Over 4 years, and he is 32? And the only season he has had stats worth any while was in his contract year. Plus, didn't Dallas run a 4-3? This guy, if Im not mistaken, usually played on the same side of the DLine that Ware was on, and he was mediocre his whole career. This and the Cleveland Browns guard, wtf is our FO thinking? Sorry, not keeping the rose colored glasses on any longer. Make no mistake, this was a horrible signing at a position that WAS NOT one of our weaker positions.

My god, Shanahan is prolly laughing his ass off right now. Seriously, Jason Hatcher, for 28 million?
__________________
Ain't Nothin Like a Good B Western.

YEEHAW
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-13-2014, 08:47 PM   #17
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,762
Re: Redskins agree to deal with Jason Hatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
we are paying this joker 28 mil? Over 4 years, and he is 32? And the only season he has had stats worth any while was in his contract year. Plus, didn't Dallas run a 4-3? This guy, if Im not mistaken, usually played on the same side of the DLine that Ware was on, and he was mediocre his whole career. This and the Cleveland Browns guard, wtf is our FO thinking? Sorry, not keeping the rose colored glasses on any longer. Make no mistake, this was a horrible signing at a position that WAS NOT one of our weaker positions.

My god, Shanahan is prolly laughing his ass off right now. Seriously, Jason Hatcher, for 28 million?
I like this move a lot more than trading for McNabb.
donofriose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:48 PM   #18
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,385
Re: Redskins agree to deal with Jason Hatcher

Bruce hasn't been overpaying on most of his contracts, it's all a matter of how it is structured so the agent can sound good, the player is happy, and the team's salary cap is intact. Let's see the numbers first, Hatcher had several solid years not just last year.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:06 PM   #19
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,247
Re: Redskins agree to deal with Jason Hatcher

lauvao getting 4mill/per is the only real head scratcher. i don't like that hatcher is 31, but i think he can help a lot. i'm just praying the contract isn't going to get us stuck with a ton of deadcap when we look back on it.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:06 PM   #20
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,993
Re: Redskins agree to deal with Jason Hatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by donofriose View Post
I like this move a lot more than trading for McNabb.
Winner.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:25 PM   #21
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,612
Re: Redskins agree to deal with Jason Hatcher

Jason Hatcher should help Washington Redskins' rush - ESPN
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:52 PM   #22
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,917
Re: Redskins agree to deal with Jason Hatcher

Well if we can get after the qb maybe our secondary wont have to cover for 4-5 seconds.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:53 PM   #23
Playmaker
 
redskins5044's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Schertz, Tx
Age: 34
Posts: 3,082
Re: Redskins agree to deal with Jason Hatcher

We dont sign anyone people complain......we sign someone people complain...yeah is over 30, but so is Demarcus Ware and he got 30 million with 20 guaranteed and has been injured his last few years. Hatcher has played in the 4-3 and 3-4, plus we play a lot of nickel with 4 down linemen. Put him on the same side as Rak and bring the pressure, who knows if it will work out with him or not, but I am alright with the signing.
__________________
Spider 2 Y Banana Jr. is the new Head Coach.
redskins5044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:56 PM   #24
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,463
Re: Redskins agree to deal with Jason Hatcher

For everyone saying, "OMG, he's 31!" did you expect his deal to be for 8 years? He plays out 2-3 solid years for us, if his fourth years shows his age, you cut him loose like any other contract whether the player is young or old.

#ChillPill
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:25 PM   #25
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,917
Re: Redskins agree to deal with Jason Hatcher

So what does this mean for cofield? He moving outside?
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:36 PM   #26
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,606
Re: Redskins agree to deal with Jason Hatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
So what does this mean for cofield? He moving outside?
That's what they've been thinking
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:51 PM   #27
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,663
Re: Redskins agree to deal with Jason Hatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskins5044 View Post
We dont sign anyone people complain......we sign someone people complain...yeah is over 30, but so is Demarcus Ware and he got 30 million with 20 guaranteed and has been injured his last few years. Hatcher has played in the 4-3 and 3-4, plus we play a lot of nickel with 4 down linemen. Put him on the same side as Rak and bring the pressure, who knows if it will work out with him or not, but I am alright with the signing.
And he started 1 game in his first five years. He does not have the wear and tear that a typically 31 year old guy does. This is a solid move and pairing him on Rak's side is going to pay dividends.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:21 PM   #28
Playmaker
 
Bucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 3,217
Re: Redskins agree to deal with Jason Hatcher

This is the best signing we've had since Fletcher.

The guy had more sacks against NFCE opponents then our WHOLE DEFENSIVE LINE had all season last year. A lot of players have hit their prime in their 30's and same can be expected of JH. It's 4 years, not 8 years.
__________________
HTTR
Redskin Fan since '88
Be friends on Twitter! @thecasualhero
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:28 PM   #29
Impact Rookie
 
Evilgrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 621
Re: Redskins agree to deal with Jason Hatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
That's what they've been thinking
Big Time move then, gonna improve line alot.
__________________
Chris Russell: "To clarify point I made on @ESPNRadio980 - clearly Mike Shanahan wanted Peyton Manning in '12. He also very much desired Russell Wilson."

Mike Shanahan never was able to get the players he wanted, lets all cry for him.
Evilgrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:29 PM   #30
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,358
Re: Redskins agree to deal with Jason Hatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
This is the best signing we've had since Fletcher.

The guy had more sacks against NFCE opponents then our WHOLE DEFENSIVE LINE had all season last year. A lot of players have hit their prime in their 30's and same can be expected of JH. It's 4 years, not 8 years.
Our Richard Seymour
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26614 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25