Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins Re-sign EJ Biggers

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2014, 10:06 AM   #46
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Redskins Re-sign EJ Biggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
There you have it! Now why the hell should we be in the position of needing to draft a safety again this year?

I'm not criticizing your post, That Guy, I'm just pissed that Bruce didn't fix this position in FA. There were several good, young options. He had enough cap space and flexibility to get it done. He should have stepped up and got it done. Instead, he overpaid for a mediocre OG who isn't going to help fix our OL problem.

What were your FA priorities? Mine were FS and RT. Do we have a FS or a RT? No! Priorities are what you do first. If your roof is leaking you don't blow your repair budget by installing new tile in the kitchen.
unless they safeties were getting too much compared to what they'd provide the team. I can't speak to their thoughts on the FAs they didn't sign. but if we have one glaring need right now and 1 high pick to fix it with, might as well roll the dice. ideally PT shows he can play and we're set there for 10 years, but, you know, real life.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-28-2014, 11:07 AM   #47
The Starter
 
SirLK26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,378
Re: Redskins Re-sign EJ Biggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
There you have it! Now why the hell should we be in the position of needing to draft a safety again this year?

I'm not criticizing your post, That Guy, I'm just pissed that Bruce didn't fix this position in FA. There were several good, young options. He had enough cap space and flexibility to get it done. He should have stepped up and got it done. Instead, he overpaid for a mediocre OG who isn't going to help fix our OL problem.

What were your FA priorities? Mine were FS and RT. Do we have a FS or a RT? No! Priorities are what you do first. If your roof is leaking you don't blow your repair budget by installing new tile in the kitchen.
I'm sure they had some targets at FS or RT, but didn't want to overpay.

But then that brings up a question. Why did they overpay for the likes of Shawn Lavuao? Wouldn't it have been better to overpay for Alterraun Verner, Jon Asamoah, or TJ Ward? Each of those guys signed contracts in the neighborhood of Lavuao's; about 5 million a year. I'm befuddled.
__________________
"[Trent Murphy] is not going to stand there and be your b****. Be a gentleman, open doors for women, but when s*** hits the fan, he wants to whip you." - Jerry Murphy

Keep the name.
SirLK26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:09 PM   #48
The Starter
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 2,265
Re: Redskins Re-sign EJ Biggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLK26 View Post
I'm sure they had some targets at FS or RT, but didn't want to overpay.

But then that brings up a question. Why did they overpay for the likes of Shawn Lavuao? Wouldn't it have been better to overpay for Alterraun Verner, Jon Asamoah, or TJ Ward? Each of those guys signed contracts in the neighborhood of Lavuao's; about 5 million a year. I'm befuddled.
Add to your list Geoff Schwartz and Mike Mitchell.
__________________
Hope Springs Eternal
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 11:21 PM   #49
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,128
Re: Redskins Re-sign EJ Biggers

I hope the Redskins draft Ricardo Allen......he's a solid CB as there is.....
__________________
Touchdown Washington Redskins!!!
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:12 AM   #50
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,917
Re: Redskins Re-sign EJ Biggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLK26 View Post
I'm sure they had some targets at FS or RT, but didn't want to overpay.

But then that brings up a question. Why did they overpay for the likes of Shawn Lavuao? Wouldn't it have been better to overpay for Alterraun Verner, Jon Asamoah, or TJ Ward? Each of those guys signed contracts in the neighborhood of Lavuao's; about 5 million a year. I'm befuddled.
I have to agree with this a bit. It will be very telling how Shawn Lavuao, Alterraun Verner, Jon Asamoah and TJ Ward perform and produce next season. The dollar amount in Shawn Lavuao's contract is a head scratcher at this point.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:14 AM   #51
The Starter
 
SirLK26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,378
Re: Redskins Re-sign EJ Biggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
I hope the Redskins draft Ricardo Allen......he's a solid CB as there is.....
Now there's a guy I'm a huge fan of. If he's there in the 5th, no question who the pick should be. He plays with a ferocious attitude.
__________________
"[Trent Murphy] is not going to stand there and be your b****. Be a gentleman, open doors for women, but when s*** hits the fan, he wants to whip you." - Jerry Murphy

Keep the name.
SirLK26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:20 PM   #52
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,721
Re: Redskins Re-sign EJ Biggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Add to your list Geoff Schwartz and Mike Mitchell.
Yeah Mitchell went to the steelers for $25mil/5yr (said to be liability in coverage). Given pitt kinda runs our d and seems to pick players well, I wish I hindsight we got him. Same with Eugene Monroe OT ravens. Kinda pricey at $37.5 mil/5yr but if he could be longterm bookend opposite Williams... Prolly would've gotten into bidding war with Balt, right? But man if we could have the best tackle duo siince Samuels/Jansen....
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.20307 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25