Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


RT and OL thread

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2014, 02:12 PM   #1
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,479
RT and OL thread

With the signing of DJax and Ryan Clark, I think it becomes obvious that we will likely upgrade RT through the draft.

To that end, Ross Tucker did a podcast with Greg Cosell and discussed the OL at the top of the draft class. Here is the link: (they also discussed the DJax signing in the beginning)

Ross Tucker - NFL Broadcaster and Motivational Speaker

I listened but couldn't make notes, so if someone wants to breakdown what they discussed that would be great, but also I know a lot of guys here go "hog" wild on the draft classes, so maybe those who do could add insight into the various OL and RT's that will be coming out in the draft.

Finally there are a couple FA's out there, so those might be discussed as well.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-02-2014, 02:22 PM   #2
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,799
Re: RT and OL thread

Whatever happened to De La Puente? I was pretty excited to get him.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:38 PM   #3
The Starter
 
SirLK26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,242
Re: RT and OL thread

I've been a huge fan of Antonio Richardson for a while, but he might not be a Day 1 starter. More of a project, but huge at 6-6, 335, and extremely athletic. He would be a reach at #34, but will probably be taken near the end of the 2nd, so you'd want to trade back if he's your guy.

Morgan Moses(6-6, 314) has a ton of potential as well. CBS Sports compares him to Ryan Clady, but I've seen some posts by Virginia fans on a few Redskins boards that denounce him. I'd like some more of your opinions on him, Virginia fans.

Cameron Fleming(6-5, 323) is another RT I really like. He's got good size, but probably isn't quick enough to play RT in the NFL, so he would probably move to the interior of the line. We do need a RG too, however. He'll probably go in the 4th.

These are a few of the prospects I would like us to draft.
__________________
"[Trent Murphy] is not going to stand there and be your b****. Be a gentleman, open doors for women, but when s*** hits the fan, he wants to whip you." - Jerry Murphy

MoveOn Petitions - Keep the Washington Redskins Name
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:31 PM   #4
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,503
Re: RT and OL thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLK26 View Post
I've been a huge fan of Antonio Richardson for a while, but he might not be a Day 1 starter. More of a project, but huge at 6-6, 335, and extremely athletic. He would be a reach at #34, but will probably be taken near the end of the 2nd, so you'd want to trade back if he's your guy.

Morgan Moses(6-6, 314) has a ton of potential as well. CBS Sports compares him to Ryan Clady, but I've seen some posts by Virginia fans on a few Redskins boards that denounce him. I'd like some more of your opinions on him, Virginia fans.

Cameron Fleming(6-5, 323) is another RT I really like. He's got good size, but probably isn't quick enough to play RT in the NFL, so he would probably move to the interior of the line. We do need a RG too, however. He'll probably go in the 4th.

These are a few of the prospects I would like us to draft.
I'm a Virginia fan and would love it if we had Moses.

I like Richardson, too.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:50 PM   #5
The Starter
 
warriorzpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,659
Re: RT and OL thread

I think the Redskins have put themselves in the position to pick best available player at any position - which seemed like their strategy all along. So if it's true what they're saying about this draft then I'd put my money on a cornerback with the 34th pick. Even though it's not at the preferred position(fs), it still also fills a need in the secondary and also best available. Win win at both strategies.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:19 PM   #6
Special Teams
 
Irrefutable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 251
Re: RT and OL thread

In the 2nd round draft TE Troy Niklas of Notre Dame, he is a very strong 6'7" 270, and a great blocker. He would be like a 6th offensive lineman.

Then draft another OT in the 4th or 5th round
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:21 PM   #7
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,264
Re: RT and OL thread

A tight end with our first pick?
Thats quite refutable.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:29 PM   #8
The Starter
 
SirLK26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,242
Re: RT and OL thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorzpath View Post
I think the Redskins have put themselves in the position to pick best available player at any position - which seemed like their strategy all along. So if it's true what they're saying about this draft then I'd put my money on a cornerback with the 34th pick. Even though it's not at the preferred position(fs), it still also fills a need in the secondary and also best available. Win win at both strategies.
If you're right, that could mean...LAMAAAAAARCUS JOYYYYYNER! If we took him with our first pick, we would have an awesome draft even if we didn't take any other starters at all (hyperbole alert). He could either play FS or slot corner if Porter sucks. Lamarcus Joyner is going to be a stud in the NFL.
__________________
"[Trent Murphy] is not going to stand there and be your b****. Be a gentleman, open doors for women, but when s*** hits the fan, he wants to whip you." - Jerry Murphy

MoveOn Petitions - Keep the Washington Redskins Name
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:31 PM   #9
Special Teams
 
Irrefutable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 251
Re: RT and OL thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
A tight end with our first pick?
Thats quite refutable.
a mediocre Tackle, or another Gronkowski ? easy choice

chip the pass rushers with a 270 lb stud, and RGIII will have plenty of time.
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:45 PM   #10
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,417
Re: RT and OL thread

We have to take the best player with our first pick. If that's o-line then that would be great. But it could also be a pass rusher, which I still think we need. If Dee Ford from Auburn slips into the 2nd round that could be tempting.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:46 PM   #11
The Starter
 
SirLK26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,242
Re: RT and OL thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrefutable View Post
a mediocre Tackle, or another Gronkowski ? easy choice

chip the pass rushers with a 270 lb stud, and RGIII will have plenty of time.
Why do you think all the OT's selected in the 2nd will be mediocre?

And what makes you think Niklas is going to be the next Gronkowski? I like him as well, but first of all, there's going to be better players available than him when we pick; second, TE isn't a big enough need, IMO, to justify taking one with our first pick.
__________________
"[Trent Murphy] is not going to stand there and be your b****. Be a gentleman, open doors for women, but when s*** hits the fan, he wants to whip you." - Jerry Murphy

MoveOn Petitions - Keep the Washington Redskins Name
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:50 PM   #12
The Starter
 
budw38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern,Va.
Posts: 2,386
Re: RT and OL thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
We have to take the best player with our first pick. If that's o-line then that would be great. But it could also be a pass rusher, which I still think we need. If Dee Ford from Auburn slips into the 2nd round that could be tempting.
I agree . OL , DB or a pass rusher would be awesome . The only positions that I would rather not pick at 34 would be qb , rb , wr .
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:05 PM   #13
Special Teams
 
Irrefutable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 251
Re: RT and OL thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLK26 View Post
Why do you think all the OT's selected in the 2nd will be mediocre?

And what makes you think Niklas is going to be the next Gronkowski? I like him as well, but first of all, there's going to be better players available than him when we pick; second, TE isn't a big enough need, IMO, to justify taking one with our first pick.
Tackles like QBs are in high demand, and 4 or 5 good ones will go in the first round. Zac Martin might slip to the second round, if so I take him, he is a good one... he might be a guard though. The tackles left are questionable picks early in the 2nd... Moses, Richardson, Mewhort, and ?

Niklas has only played tight end 2 years, he has the size, strength, and decent speed to be a very good one.
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:22 PM   #14
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,479
As of today I would be extremely frustrated if we took a TE at 34. Between WR/RB/QB we have offensive skill covered. And I would be hard pressed to believe that a TE would be the 34th best player available on many boards.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:28 PM   #15
The Starter
 
warriorzpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,659
Re: RT and OL thread

wrong thread
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27679 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25