Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Tanard Jackson to be reinstated

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2014, 09:45 PM   #31
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,771
Re: Tanard Jackson to be reinstated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
To all those saying move on, the first question I have for you is what downside do you see? Cap hit will be next to nothing. He could go one of two ways, he could be incredibly hungry after seeing his livelihood stripped for two years and buckles down, or the game could have passed him by. But given the cap hit, wouldn't it make sense to go into camp with him so you can find out what he has? Worst case you cut him and go into the season no worse for the wear. Upside is you have good depth behind Meriweather and Clark.

You don't alter your draft plans at all, you still make him come in and compete for a spot. But I don't know why in the world you wouldn't do that.
Spot on.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-05-2014, 11:42 PM   #32
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,919
Re: Tanard Jackson to be reinstated

With the addition of Ryan Clark, Richard Crawford, Phillip Thomas and Tanard Jackson our secondary is improved and deeper than last year. We now have two real FS's with Clark and Jackson. That is two more than we had last year...none. Tanard is just 28, he will be fine. The former first rounder impressed me when he played. The guy has real skills.
Amerson, DHall, Tracey Porter, Richard Crawford at CB.
Ryan Clark and Tanard Jackson at FS.
Brandon Meriweather, Phillip Thomas, Rambo at SS.

Ej Biggers goes away.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:48 AM   #33
The Starter
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 2,325
Re: Tanard Jackson to be reinstated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
With the addition of Ryan Clark, Richard Crawford, Phillip Thomas and Tanard Jackson our secondary is improved and deeper than last year. We now have two real FS's with Clark and Jackson. That is two more than we had last year...none. Tanard is just 28, he will be fine. The former first rounder impressed me when he played. The guy has real skills.
Amerson, DHall, Tracey Porter, Richard Crawford at CB.
Ryan Clark and Tanard Jackson at FS.
Brandon Meriweather, Phillip Thomas, Rambo at SS.

Ej Biggers goes away.
Too many older DBs at this point. Can't be helped but some of those guys may need to start playing ST for the good of the team.

Just for laughs, before they make the final cuts the coaches should give Biggers and Rambo a chance to stay if either one of them is able to tackle the receptionist on his way out the door. I'd say Biggers has about a 50/50 chance of getting her on the ground; she's a tough old bird. Rambo could probably drop her if he doesn't take a bad angle on the reception desk.
__________________
Hope Springs Eternal
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:56 AM   #34
Impact Rookie
 
Gary84Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 927
Re: Tanard Jackson to be reinstated

I think we should draft at least one late round safety who is good for special teams, and make Rambo earn his spot.
Gary84Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:03 AM   #35
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,974
Re: Tanard Jackson to be reinstated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary84Clark View Post
I think we should draft at least one late round safety who is good for special teams, and make Rambo earn his spot.
I could see this. I think if we do indeed add T Jax, this could change the draft thinking a lil bit and safety becomes more of an after thought. Much like when we added D Jax late, WR less of a glaring issue.

My thinking now is the draft is Interior Oline, OLB and TE in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Safety, Corner and DE later in the draft.
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:11 AM   #36
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,316
Re: Tanard Jackson to be reinstated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary84Clark View Post
I think we should draft at least one late round safety who is good for special teams, and make Rambo earn his spot.
Just take best player available whatever the position is. And when you have a chance to make your team better by grabbing depth at any position - like Tanard Jackson - you get in the habit of saying yes.

Saying no too often is how you end up with a thin roster.

Everyone needs to remember you can't plan your way to a championship roster. You need to be opportunistic, when an opportunity comes to grab a player, whether a star WR like DeSean Jackson or a depth/updside move at safety like Tanard Jackson, you just pull the trigger and let the coaches sort it out in camp.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:24 AM   #37
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,754
Re: Tanard Jackson to be reinstated

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Rambo didn't even do it for Rambo!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
He was a rookie. There's still hope he'll develop into a good safety.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:29 AM   #38
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,974
Re: Tanard Jackson to be reinstated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Just take best player available whatever the position is. And when you have a chance to make your team better by grabbing depth at any position - like Tanard Jackson - you get in the habit of saying yes.
Saying no too often is how you end up with a thin roster.

Everyone needs to remember you can't plan your way to a championship roster. You need to be opportunistic, when an opportunity comes to grab a player, whether a star WR like DeSean Jackson or a depth/updside move at safety like Tanard Jackson, you just pull the trigger and let the coaches sort it out in camp.
I need T Jax to develop a habit of "just say no."
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:53 AM   #39
The Starter
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 2,325
Re: Tanard Jackson to be reinstated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Just take best player available whatever the position is. And when you have a chance to make your team better by grabbing depth at any position - like Tanard Jackson - you get in the habit of saying yes.

Saying no too often is how you end up with a thin roster.

Everyone needs to remember you can't plan your way to a championship roster. You need to be opportunistic, when an opportunity comes to grab a player, whether a star WR like DeSean Jackson or a depth/updside move at safety like Tanard Jackson, you just pull the trigger and let the coaches sort it out in camp.
This is an interesting POV. I happen to think that you need to both plan well and be opportunistic to succeed. In short, you need to be prepared to take advantage of luck.

The DeSean Jackson signing is a very good example of what I mean. Because of the highly intelligent and disciplined approaches that the Redskins planned and executed with the salary cap and FA, they were in a position to sign DeSean Jackson when he became a FA. They were ready to take advantage of a lucky break. If they hadn't planned well and managed well, they wouldn't have been able to be "lucky".

I think you're right that the Skins should not become fixated on drafting for certain positions of need and, in doing so, pass over a much better player than the one they draft. They need to follow their draft board and I think they will.
__________________
Hope Springs Eternal
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:56 AM   #40
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,700
Re: Tanard Jackson to be reinstated

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
I was shocked to hear this, but the Redskins supposedly did not go hard after Mike Mitchell, because they knew they were getting Tanard back. They say he has tested clean for a year and works out day and night. I mean i got pretty excited when I heard that. Supposedly Raheem has was a huge part of his recovery and they believe in him. This all per Chris Russel
This is good/great info. Thanks! I would love to have the guy back and what a redemption story if he can keep his system clean and play at a high level again.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:52 AM   #41
Impact Rookie
 
Gary84Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 927
Re: Tanard Jackson to be reinstated

Maybe keep Reed for special teams and back up safety, make Rambo compete for a spot with Reed Doughty. Either way make Rambo earn his spot.
Gary84Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 11:08 AM   #42
Special Teams
 
Irrefutable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 272
Re: Tanard Jackson to be reinstated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary84Clark View Post
I think we should draft at least one late round safety who is good for special teams, and make Rambo earn his spot.
They already have several FSs, and Rambo will need to step up to make the team. If they draft a free safety, Rambo looks like a long shot .
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:24 PM   #43
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,122
Re: Tanard Jackson to be reinstated

i always root for tanard, i hope he is able to come back strong.
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:31 PM   #44
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,316
Re: Tanard Jackson to be reinstated

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
This is an interesting POV. I happen to think that you need to both plan well and be opportunistic to succeed. In short, you need to be prepared to take advantage of luck.

The DeSean Jackson signing is a very good example of what I mean. Because of the highly intelligent and disciplined approaches that the Redskins planned and executed with the salary cap and FA, they were in a position to sign DeSean Jackson when he became a FA. They were ready to take advantage of a lucky break. If they hadn't planned well and managed well, they wouldn't have been able to be "lucky".

I think you're right that the Skins should not become fixated on drafting for certain positions of need and, in doing so, pass over a much better player than the one they draft. They need to follow their draft board and I think they will.
Absolutely, and I think everyone in the league does a good job of planning as best they can to put themselves in the best position. But what so many armchair GM fans at home seems to forget is you can only take advantage of the opportunities that present themselves.

So when an opportunity comes along, everyone should understand there's a cost to saying no.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 05:08 PM   #45
The Starter
 
mbedner3420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,835
Re: Tanard Jackson to be reinstated

Hmmm... Odd choice to cut tanard now. Would have made more sense to keep him this offseason at least.
mbedner3420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28524 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25