Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Let's talk OTA's

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2014, 05:09 PM   #61
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,158
Re: Let's talk OTA's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
This opinion just isn't realistic. He's right, to win the division we're talking about an awful lot of things having to go right. Did we address most of our ills in the offseason with personnel moves? Sure, but to expect that to translate into a division title is a little hopeful, because while there are a lot of moves made improving our team, we're still talking about adapting to a new coach, a new offensive line, new receivers learning the route tree and the calls, all of it. We are better off personnel-wise, but now we have a stability issue. We just turned over a big portion of the team and coaching staff. You can't reasonably expect a division title. The Eagles lost DeSean but are otherwise a pretty good team behind that stellar offensive line.

Maybe you're just choosing words poorly and accidentally overstating your case. Because is there a potential scenario where we win the division and make the playoffs? Sure. But can you reasonably EXPECT it? No. You can hope. But you can't expect.

Look at it this simply. If we don't make the playoffs, will you be pissed/upset? If the answer is no then you don't expect a playoff berth. You just hope for one.

I am not expecting us to win it, I am saying it is too early to say absolutely we won't.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-05-2014, 05:12 PM   #62
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,158
Re: Let's talk OTA's

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLK26 View Post
@Earthquake...

Look, we're coming off of a 3-13 season where we sucked as bad as anyone. Horrible STs; poor O-line; poor secondary; mediocre QB play; and, outside of Garcon, poor receiver play, to name just a few issues. Now we have a rookie head coach, and we're going to be playing in an all-around improved division. Forgive me if I'm not predicting 12 wins.

As for the other NFC teams, not sure what you're basing your opinions off of. That Seattle playoff game was in 2012, and they're quite a bit better now(at least, they were last season); the last time we played the Saints was in 2012 when Sean Payton was suspended; Arizona plays in a much tougher division and still finished with a much better record than we had; and San Francisco beat us soundly last year.

I don't think we're going to blow this season, but we won't be among the best in the NFC either. I'd say 9-7 is the most realistic. Like I said before, if things come together the way they're supposed to, a division title push is possible, but we're not among the best teams in the NFC. Not even top 5. That's what I meant when I said we won't make much noise.

Yes, we were 3-13 but how much of that was the fact that the team had seemed to give up on the coach that will remain nameless. But we were 10-6 just the year before. All you have to do is get to the playoffs then everyone has a chance. I think anywhere from 7-9 to 10-6 to 11-5 is possible depening on how our defense improves and offense looks. I just dont think we were really 3-13 bad last season. We were bad dont get me wrong, but a lot of those losses just seemed like the team just gave up from the opening kick
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 05:30 PM   #63
The Starter
 
SirLK26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,449
Re: Let's talk OTA's

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Yes, we were 3-13 but how much of that was the fact that the team had seemed to give up on the coach that will remain nameless. But we were 10-6 just the year before. All you have to do is get to the playoffs then everyone has a chance. I think anywhere from 7-9 to 10-6 to 11-5 is possible depening on how our defense improves and offense looks. I just dont think we were really 3-13 bad last season. We were bad dont get me wrong, but a lot of those losses just seemed like the team just gave up from the opening kick
I think the team giving up on Shanahan played a fairly significant part in it, especially in the last 3 games. But I'll have to see a winning product before I believe it, because we were still a horrible team.

An interesting factoid that gives me a little more faith in Jay - he's a winner. In 31 seasons as a pro QB(UFL, AFL, WLAF), HC, and assistant coach, he's had 3 losing seasons. 3. In 31. It gets a little more interesting... all 3 of those losing seasons came when he was an assistant coach to Jon. Is Jon on this staff? Nope! Pass me the Kool-Aid! <sarc>
__________________
"[Trent Murphy] is not going to stand there and be your b****. Be a gentleman, open doors for women, but when s*** hits the fan, he wants to whip you." - Jerry Murphy

Keep the name.

Last edited by SirLK26; 06-05-2014 at 05:50 PM.
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 06:23 PM   #64
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,813
Re: Let's talk OTA's

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLK26 View Post
I think the team giving up on Shanahan played a fairly significant part in it, especially in the last 3 games. But I'll have to see a winning product before I believe it, because we were still a horrible team.

An interesting factoid that gives me a little more faith in Jay - he's a winner. In 31 seasons as a pro QB(UFL, AFL, WLAF), HC, and assistant coach, he's had 3 losing seasons. 3. In 31. It gets a little more interesting... all 3 of those losing seasons came when he was an assistant coach to Jon. Is Jon on this staff? Nope! Pass me the Kool-Aid! <sarc>
I think the first 4 games last year were on Griffin and Shanahan, hindsight being what it is, you don't bring Griffin in cold, either play him in preseason, or give him to the bye to get ready. Then the last 4 games the team just wasn't playing - blame whoever for that, but it was clear that the lack of effort wasn't there. That said, they were definitely a horrible team. I don't think we see anything like that team this year.

Great factoid. I think Gruden is going to shine here. The core players are settled enough to ride the roughest waves a new coach might face (especially after last year), and hungry enough to listen to new voices. And although he hasn't been an NFL head coach, he has coached semi pro teams to wins. That's an important fact. Put another way he has led grown men to championships as a HC. He must have some idea of how to motivate and lead. I will be terribly disappointed if we don't see good things all season long. And I don't want another season of disappointment!
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:01 PM   #65
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,543
Re: Let's talk OTA's

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck View Post
alright alright alright
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:02 PM   #66
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,069
Re: Let's talk OTA's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Your own post contradicts itself.

First, we know our division sucks. Given the strength of the NFC West with the Seahawks, 49ers and improving Cardinals, and the strength of the AFC South with the Panthers and Brees' Saints, you can't possibly like the NFC East's chances of picking up a wild card. The route to the playoffs goes through the division title.

And yes, anybody can win this division. If you follow your 4 teams in the last 4 years have won the division - I'm not sure that's true but I get your point - the division is completely up for grabs. So that gives us a 25% chance of winning it.

So you'd be pissed if something that has a 25% chance of happening doesn't come true? You must be a nightmare in a casino.

You sound like an irrational fan who doesn't have a firm grip on reality.
Irrational fan because I'm pissed if we don't make the playoffs? Those same breaks are are needed by every team across the league and yeah it makes sense the wildcard won't come from the east but not a given.
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:19 PM   #67
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Let's talk OTA's

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
I am not expecting us to win it, I am saying it is too early to say absolutely we won't.
Nobody said we absolutely won't. What are you even talking about?
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:22 PM   #68
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Let's talk OTA's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Irrational fan because I'm pissed if we don't make the playoffs? Those same breaks are are needed by every team across the league and yeah it makes sense the wildcard won't come from the east but not a given.
Yes, irrational. If you recognize that our chances are 25 percent to win the division, and maybe 5 percent to win the wildcard, then you understand our chances of missing are 70 percent, meaning it is unlikely we make the playoffs.

If you get pissed at an expected result, you're not only irrational, you're a fool.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:52 PM   #69
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,069
Re: Let's talk OTA's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Yes, irrational. If you recognize that our chances are 25 percent to win the division, and maybe 5 percent to win the wildcard, then you understand our chances of missing are 70 percent, meaning it is unlikely we make the playoffs.

If you get pissed at an expected result, you're not only irrational, you're a fool.
Don't stop there Schneed, keep the insults rolling. Jeez, didn't know my original post was so damn offensive. Guess I'm just a dumb fuck right? Rg3 stays healthy, and defense plays middle of the road or better, special teams can't play worse, playoffs easily within our reach.
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:03 PM   #70
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,543
Re: Let's talk OTA's

More Redskins OTA observations, thoughts - Washington Redskins Blog - ESPN
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:35 PM   #71
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,303
Re: Let's talk OTA's

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck View Post
Love the old school logo on his t........
Cool stuff!
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:56 PM   #72
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Let's talk OTA's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Don't stop there Schneed, keep the insults rolling. Jeez, didn't know my original post was so damn offensive. Guess I'm just a dumb fuck right? Rg3 stays healthy, and defense plays middle of the road or better, special teams can't play worse, playoffs easily within our reach.
Totally agreed, but the question we are addressing is how likely are all those things going to come together at once? There's a chance but not so much that I would be upset if we missed.

For most rational fans, if we went 8-8 and RG3 looked like he was getting back to himself, we would take it and like our future prospects.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:57 PM   #73
Camp Scrub
 
mitch e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fayetteville Ar
Posts: 57
Re: Let's talk OTA's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Yes, irrational. If you recognize that our chances are 25 percent to win the division, and maybe 5 percent to win the wildcard, then you understand our chances of missing are 70 percent, meaning it is unlikely we make the playoffs.

If you get pissed at an expected result, you're not only irrational, you're a fool.
Guys, I think the point is all 4 teams have the same percentage to start the season. Each new season brings a new set of problems and answers, we will know more about week 8.
__________________
"Once you've heard the truth everything else is just cheap whiskey." R. Lee Ermey
mitch e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:36 PM   #74
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,158
Re: Let's talk OTA's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Nobody said we absolutely won't. What are you even talking about?
The real question is what is your problem??
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 05:22 AM   #75
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Let's talk OTA's

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
The real question is what is your problem??
i accidentally peed in his wheaties.... i'm sorry guys, my bad.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31493 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25