Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


All things offseason discussion part II

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2014, 09:53 AM   #376
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,434
Re: All things offseason discussion part II

Dungy isn't wrong, he's just an asshole for saying it.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  

Advertisements
Old 07-22-2014, 10:08 AM   #377
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,666
Re: All things offseason discussion part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
So I'm wondering why Tony Dungy says he wouldn't have singed Michael Sam because he would be a distraction. Yet when Michael Vick got out of jail he lobbied for him. I'm starting to think Tony isn't for gay people.
It's probably because of Dungy's religious beliefs on homosexuality. But, I'll agree that it's a bit hypocritical to say that about Sam and not have the same view about Vick.
__________________
"Fire Up That Diesel!"
skinsguy is offline  
Old 07-22-2014, 10:12 AM   #378
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,576
Re: All things offseason discussion part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
It's probably because of Dungy's religious beliefs on homosexuality. But, I'll agree that it's a bit hypocritical to say that about Sam and not have the same view about Vick.
Yeah, Dan Patrick making that point. Dungy told people to take a chance getting Vick, take Manzeil, take Tebow....some of the most controversial figures of all time in football....but dont take Michael Sam? What did dungy mean by "things will happen?" Too me, its Dungy's religious views coming into his opinion.
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is online now  
Old 07-22-2014, 10:17 AM   #379
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,204
Re: All things offseason discussion part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
So I'm wondering why Tony Dungy says he wouldn't have singed Michael Sam because he would be a distraction. Yet when Michael Vick got out of jail he lobbied for him. I'm starting to think Tony isn't for gay people.
What Tony Dungy is saying is that he couldn't be bothered to control his locker room. For all the self righteous bullshit that Dungy spews, he's just another hypocritical piece of shit douche bag.


"Oh, I'm not going to pick a gay player because then I would have to make an effort to instill discipline in my locker room".


Maybe that's why he's only won ONE super bowl. Lack of discipline.


http://sports.yahoo.com/news/tony-du...195216393.html
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 07-22-2014, 10:46 AM   #380
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,963
Re: All things offseason discussion part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I agree. You expect to the media to give him a pass today?
Some in the media are defending his right to say what he wants, others think he's being extremely hypocritical

He is portrayed/portrays himself as this all-inclusive, patient father figure that players, coaches, and execs still turn to for advice and guidance. So I think that's why it's so shocking for him to make such a statement. Would have been better off if he just said he didn't think Sam was a very good player so that's why he wouldn't draft him
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 07-22-2014, 10:52 AM   #381
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,432
Re: All things offseason discussion part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
You left out three markets I've heard mentioned a lot (in order): Oklahoma City, Louisville, Honolulu
Wow, a Honolulu team would be awesome.
The team name possibilities.
The Honolulu Mondo Surfriders - thumb and pinky gesture on the helmet.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline  
Old 07-22-2014, 10:55 AM   #382
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,279
Re: All things offseason discussion part II

can you imagine teams in hawaii AND london, good luck with your travel schedule. might as well put a team in moscow and mexico city and put them in the same division. that way the "normal" teams don't need to be bothered with them.


and portland wouldn't be a good place for an NFL team, imho.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline  
Old 07-22-2014, 12:09 PM   #383
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,804
Re: All things offseason discussion part II

Even though I disagree with Dungy and he contradicted himself, I do wish that our society wasn't so sensitive and he could just come out and say what he's really thinking. Bottom line is he wouldn't want a gay guy in his locker room. He should be able to just say it w/out losing his job.
skinsfan69 is offline  
Old 07-22-2014, 12:11 PM   #384
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,013
Re: All things offseason discussion part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
Wow, a Honolulu team would be awesome.
The team name possibilities.
The Honolulu Mondo Surfriders - thumb and pinky gesture on the helmet.
Pineapple Jesus for offensive coordinator!
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline  
Old 07-22-2014, 12:15 PM   #385
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,204
Re: All things offseason discussion part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Even though I disagree with Dungy and he contradicted himself, I do wish that our society wasn't so sensitive and he could just come out and say what he's really thinking. Bottom line is he wouldn't want a gay guy in his locker room. He should be able to just say it w/out losing his job.

Speaking your mind is one thing. Discriminating against another human being because of their sex/race/religion/sexual orientation is another.


How would Tony Dungy feel is some white coach said he didn't want a black player in his locker room? Yeah, I'd imagine Tony the Hypocrite would have a huge issue with that.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 07-22-2014, 12:25 PM   #386
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,204
Re: All things offseason discussion part II

A real coach would say something like this:

Quote:
Lombardi's unprejudiced attitude was not confined to his players' race or ethnicity. Lombardi was aware of tight end Jerry Smith's homosexuality, and upon arriving in Washington, told Smith in confidence that it would never be an issue as long as he was coaching the Redskins. Smith flourished, becoming an integral part of Lombardi's offense, and was voted a First Team All-Pro for the first time in his career, which was also Lombardi's only season as Redskin head coach. Lombardi invited other gay players to training camp, and Lombardi would privately hope they would prove they could earn a spot on the team. At the Washington Redskins training camp in 1969, Ray McDonald was a gay player, with sub-par skills, who was trying to make the Redskin roster again, but this time with Lombardi as the Redskins' new head coach. Lombardi told running back coach, George Dickson, 'I want you to get on McDonald and work on him and work on him and if I hear one of you people make reference to his manhood, you'll be out of here before your ass hits the ground.'
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 07-22-2014, 01:06 PM   #387
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: close to the edge
Posts: 3,572
Re: All things offseason discussion part II

did i hear right that training camp opens in 2 days?
over the mountain is offline  
Old 07-22-2014, 01:08 PM   #388
The Starter
 
SirLK26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,543
Re: All things offseason discussion part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Speaking your mind is one thing. Discriminating against another human being because of their sex/race/religion/sexual orientation is another.


How would Tony Dungy feel is some white coach said he didn't want a black player in his locker room? Yeah, I'd imagine Tony the Hypocrite would have a huge issue with that.
Your example would be different though, because someone saying he didn't want a black player in this era would be straight race discrimination. Dungy didn't say he wouldn't have drafted Sam because he was gay, it's because of the attention he would have brought.

With Vick, that's a different kind of attention. We don't really know how these NFL players accepted Vick's return versus how they'll accept Sam, but I would guess the latter will cause quite a bit more attention, both negative and neutral. Edit: And I believe Sam will certainly have more potential for locker room problems.

Like someone else said, I don't think Dungy is wrong, but he comes across as a jerk for saying those things out loud.


In other news:

Norv Turner: Teddy Bridgewater worth a top-10 pick - NFL.com

I hope this dude can become a legit QB. AP deserves better in his last elite years than the likes of Cassell, Freeman, or Ponder.
__________________
"[Trent Murphy] is not going to stand there and be your b****. Be a gentleman, open doors for women, but when s*** hits the fan, he wants to whip you." - Jerry Murphy

Keep the name.

Last edited by SirLK26; 07-22-2014 at 01:25 PM.
SirLK26 is online now  
Old 07-22-2014, 01:23 PM   #389
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,576
Re: All things offseason discussion part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
did i hear right that training camp opens in 2 days?
lol...Skins name issue and Dungy comments need to be vetted first. Training camp on hold til then
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is online now  
Old 07-22-2014, 01:36 PM   #390
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,401
Re: All things offseason discussion part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
So I'm wondering why Tony Dungy says he wouldn't have singed Michael Sam because he would be a distraction. Yet when Michael Vick got out of jail he lobbied for him. I'm starting to think Tony isn't for gay people.
Tony Dungy should have just kept his mouth shut.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29130 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25