Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Set it all aside -- Training Camp Begins

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2014, 06:49 PM   #1
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,881
Set it all aside -- Training Camp Begins

The offseason, with it's long and winding discussions, ends tomorrow for the Redskins. Set what ails you aside, and with the hope of a new day, a new year, a new coach, and a new optimism after last years debacle.

Talk about what you want to see from whom? What you need to see from a specific player. What would be the biggest disappointment in training camp.

Yes, even do you have your yearly pet project chosen yet.

Whatever it is, whoever's performance you want to praise or trash. Just remember it's all about the time on the field now. No off-season garbage in this thread.

Last year at this time I did a poll and was roundly criticized by GTripp for not including 0-8 wins. He was prescient, this year, no such poll, but I still would not put in 0-5 wins, and I think this team has a chance to put it all together, and win the division by the 14th game. It helps that I don't think the other teams will be good.

But that's looking ahead, right now it's time to see how this team comes together.

HTTR!!!
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-22-2014, 07:15 PM   #2
The Starter
 
warpaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great State of Texas
Posts: 1,006
Re: Set it all aside -- Training Camp Begins

Special Teams. Good lord we where trash last year. That side of the ball can really change a game. I just want to see some passion this year.
__________________
"Not only do you get a 1st down, but you get a whole new set of downs" John Madden
warpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 07:42 PM   #3
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,247
Re: Set it all aside -- Training Camp Begins

To the Skins fans and their players ,coach's ,etc .Good Luck and stay healthy .
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:01 PM   #4
Special Teams
 
The Dull Roar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 115
Re: Set it all aside -- Training Camp Begins

I'm most excited to finally see what Keenan Robinson and Phillip Thomas can do.
The Dull Roar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:36 PM   #5
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,025
Re: Set it all aside -- Training Camp Begins

I wanna see Moses make RT his bitch quickly. Mildly surprising but could happen.

I wanna see Seastrunk become the little water bug we need out of the backfield and on special teams.

I wanna see a wicked pass rush.

My biggest disappointment would be if RGIII looks like he did last year.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:39 PM   #6
Impact Rookie
 
ethat001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 741
Re: Set it all aside -- Training Camp Begins

RG3 is the only thing that matters. Won't get an idea until the reg season, but is he reading defenses? Is he finally planting his feet / using good technique? Can he finally be accurate again? Will he make the right decisions vs blitzes? Will he finally take the blame for the bad plays? Will he finally be a leader when things are tough?



Everything else is not as important. But looking to see -- Gruden (?read option, leadership), safeties (will Clark be too old, will P.Thomas finally step up), Oline (RT battle, new center/guards), Dline (Will orakpo finally show up, was Tmurphy worth it), health (will Reed / KRob stay healthy?), ... those are my main questions.
ethat001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:04 AM   #7
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,972
Re: Set it all aside -- Training Camp Begins

Like any fan of the Redskins in July what I'm most interested in is the battle of Colt McCoy vs. Kirk Cousins
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:05 AM   #8
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,519
Re: Set it all aside -- Training Camp Begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
To the Skins fans and their players ,coach's ,etc .Good Luck and stay healthy .
thanks and right back at cha
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:24 AM   #9
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,813
Re: Set it all aside -- Training Camp Begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethat001 View Post
RG3 is the only thing that matters. Won't get an idea until the reg season, but is he reading defenses? Is he finally planting his feet / using good technique? Can he finally be accurate again? Will he make the right decisions vs blitzes? Will he finally take the blame for the bad plays? Will he finally be a leader when things are tough?



Everything else is not as important. But looking to see -- Gruden (?read option, leadership), safeties (will Clark be too old, will P.Thomas finally step up), Oline (RT battle, new center/guards), Dline (Will orakpo finally show up, was Tmurphy worth it), health (will Reed / KRob stay healthy?), ... those are my main questions.
For me it all comes down to this. If RG3 plays very good to great QB then this offense can be every bit as good as any in the league. If not, and he plays poorly, all hell is going to break loose.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:48 AM   #10
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,666
Re: Set it all aside -- Training Camp Begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Like any fan of the Redskins in July what I'm most interested in is the battle of Colt McCoy vs. Kirk Cousins
That should be all that matters, lol!
__________________
"Fire Up That Diesel!"
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:50 AM   #11
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,520
Re: Set it all aside -- Training Camp Begins

3rd yr, new weapons, healthy knee, all signs pointing up for Griffin. Comeback player of the year in the bag.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:51 AM   #12
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,972
Re: Set it all aside -- Training Camp Begins

Jason Hatcher and Stephen Bowen will start training camp on reserve PUP
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:54 AM   #13
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,666
Re: Set it all aside -- Training Camp Begins

Kidding aside, I want to see how improved the special teams will be this year. I think last year was probably the worst display of effort from special teams I have seen in all of my 30+ years of watching football. Also hoping Crawford is able to make it back to return punts again.

I'm also going to be watching Phillip Thomas closely. Let's see if he can stay healthy. Can't wait to see how Seastrunk is going to perform. I hope he is able to work his way into being that 3rd down back that we've been looking for.

And of course, how is RGIII going to fair this year.
__________________
"Fire Up That Diesel!"
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:58 AM   #14
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,851
Re: Set it all aside -- Training Camp Begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Like any fan of the Redskins in July what I'm most interested in is the battle of Colt McCoy vs. Kirk Cousins
I was trying to come up with a less meaningful competition to sarcastically study and had thought the Nick Sundberg / Kyle Nelson battle for long snapper would suffice, however, Nelson was just released and that is now Sundberg's job.

There really are a lot of back end roster moves that are pretty interesting:
WR: Are Robinson/Hankerson's days numbered?
RB: Lache Sisboombah or Chris Thompson?
OLine: Who are the reserves? Polumbo, Compton, Gettis, LeRib ... It's all up in the air.
TE: Nothing to see here, moving on.

DLine: To me, it looks like the back end of the roster is set with Neild and Golston going.

LB: Who are the back-ups at ILB - Does someone supplant Robinson as the penciled in starter? Is Jenkins or Jackson the final OLB?

CB: Lots going on here - Crawford, Minnifield, E.J., who is staying who is going.

Safety: Does Rambo stick?
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:41 PM   #15
The Starter
 
SirLK26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,549
Re: Set it all aside -- Training Camp Begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
The offseason, with it's long and winding discussions, ends tomorrow for the Redskins. Set what ails you aside, and with the hope of a new day, a new year, a new coach, and a new optimism after last years debacle.

Talk about what you want to see from whom? What you need to see from a specific player. What would be the biggest disappointment in training camp.

Yes, even do you have your yearly pet project chosen yet.

Whatever it is, whoever's performance you want to praise or trash. Just remember it's all about the time on the field now. No off-season garbage in this thread.

Last year at this time I did a poll and was roundly criticized by GTripp for not including 0-8 wins. He was prescient, this year, no such poll, but I still would not put in 0-5 wins, and I think this team has a chance to put it all together, and win the division by the 14th game. It helps that I don't think the other teams will be good.

But that's looking ahead, right now it's time to see how this team comes together.

HTTR!!!
I'm looking forward to seeing how the RB group shakes up. Hoping Chris Thompson is 100% and balling. We seen what he could do last year, and I don't think Seastrunk will be ready to take a significant role as a change-of-pace back. Hoping our RB group ends up with: Morris, Helu, Thompson, Seastrunk, and Young. I don't think Royster adds anything special, and Redd is PS material, IMO.

O-line battles will be interesting. Particularly Long vs. Chester for me.

Also interesting to see how many LBs they'll keep. I'm thinking Orakpo, Kerrigan, Murphy, and Jenkins(if he plays STs well) at OLB. As for ILB, I'm thinking they'll keep the top 5: Riley, Robinson, Sharpton, Jordan, and Hayward. Or maybe the young guy Compton will impress enough to push Jordan or Hayward off the roster.

My yearly pet project? LOL. Nope, not chosen yet.
__________________
"[Trent Murphy] is not going to stand there and be your b****. Be a gentleman, open doors for women, but when s*** hits the fan, he wants to whip you." - Jerry Murphy

Keep the name.
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28528 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25