Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Gibbs meeting with Rod Lardner?

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2005, 10:30 PM   #16
Registered User
 
LavarTaylor21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 29
Re: Gibbs meeting with Rod Lardner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlea
I think you guys need to lighten up some. The guys not a Skins fan anymore...so? You all are kinda lashing out at him, I don't think it's that big of a deal. I kind of agree with some of what he says. I kind of agree with some of what a lot of you say. I don't think Mike Williams is nearly as good as he thinks, but I could be wrong. I think that's what we all need to realize from time to time...we could be wrong. I've been wrong plenty of times. That's fine. I just don't see why a lot of people are getting so riled up about this guy's distaste for the franchise.

First of all, I hate me some Snyder, so I can see where he's going with that. Also, in order for him to be a "fair weather" fan, there would have had to have been some fair weather in the not so distant past. I understand your point about Daseal sticking with the team...kinda like me. I think a lot of us get down on the team sometimes and I think Daseal and I are lucky enough to not really remember when this was a very good team. Or even a good team, for that matter. I have to correct something...I was 3 and 7 when they went to Super Bowls, I wasn't alive for the first one they won in the 80's. I don't know how some of you can stand to watch this team if you remember that. They used to be great. I wonder how more of you don't hate Snyder. I don't even like him and they've been bad most of my life.

Anyway, I'm starting to ramble...point is: I don't think it's some great injustice that this guy has turned on the Skins. However, I do wish his posts made some kind of sense. I mean, I'm trying to defend you, but the first post made absolutely no sense whatsoever. I think the biggest thing, however, is that we need to not attack him personally for not liking the Redskins because he feels they're poorly run. A lot of times I'd agree. Like I said, we're all wrong sometimes. If he wants to leave the team alone, let him.

P.S. I do understand that he kinda brings it on himself by starting new threads. Especially when they resemble that first post. However, I don't think we need to kill this guy and gang up on him for it.

Looks like we found out who formerskinzfan's girlfriend is. Look Junior, it is an injustice that he turned on the Skin's and dont act like you are a true fan either. I ll lash out on anyone who talks down on the BURGANDY and GOLD till the day I die. You can leave too!!!!
LavarTaylor21 is offline  

Advertisements
Old 04-27-2005, 10:31 PM   #17
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,850
Re: Gibbs meeting with Rod Lardner?

If he's not a Skins fan anymore fine, so why is he still here??

Move on to your new team's board.
Mattyk is offline  
Old 04-27-2005, 10:33 PM   #18
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,541
Re: Gibbs meeting with Rod Lardner?

Definiely some SKINZ_DOMIN8 similarities...
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline  
Old 04-27-2005, 10:37 PM   #19
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,304
Re: Gibbs meeting with Rod Lardner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlea
I think you guys need to lighten up some. The guys not a Skins fan anymore...so? You all are kinda lashing out at him, I don't think it's that big of a deal. I kind of agree with some of what he says. I kind of agree with some of what a lot of you say. I don't think Mike Williams is nearly as good as he thinks, but I could be wrong. I think that's what we all need to realize from time to time...we could be wrong. I've been wrong plenty of times. That's fine. I just don't see why a lot of people are getting so riled up about this guy's distaste for the franchise.

First of all, I hate me some Snyder, so I can see where he's going with that. Also, in order for him to be a "fair weather" fan, there would have had to have been some fair weather in the not so distant past. I understand your point about Daseal sticking with the team...kinda like me. I think a lot of us get down on the team sometimes and I think Daseal and I are lucky enough to not really remember when this was a very good team. Or even a good team, for that matter. I have to correct something...I was 3 and 7 when they went to Super Bowls, I wasn't alive for the first one they won in the 80's. I don't know how some of you can stand to watch this team if you remember that. They used to be great. I wonder how more of you don't hate Snyder. I don't even like him and they've been bad most of my life.

Anyway, I'm starting to ramble...point is: I don't think it's some great injustice that this guy has turned on the Skins. However, I do wish his posts made some kind of sense. I mean, I'm trying to defend you, but the first post made absolutely no sense whatsoever. I think the biggest thing, however, is that we need to not attack him personally for not liking the Redskins because he feels they're poorly run. A lot of times I'd agree. Like I said, we're all wrong sometimes. If he wants to leave the team alone, let him.

P.S. I do understand that he kinda brings it on himself by starting new threads. Especially when they resemble that first post. However, I don't think we need to kill this guy and gang up on him for it.
I got no beef with anyone who gets down on the team's moves. I was pissed when Snyder brought in Jeff George and ousted Brad Johnson. I have a beef with someone who walks out on the team. Actually, now that I think about it, if you want to walk away from being a fan of the Skins, that's cool, I guess that's his decision to make. But there's no coming back. Once you break your loyalty, you're done forever in my eyes.

And yes, there has been some fair weather, albeit shortlived. We made the playoffs in 1999 and won the NFC East. We came within a botched snap on a field goal to facing the Rams in the NFC Championship. That's fair weather, all in all, a good year. I'll bet this chump was on board the team's bandwagon then, and now that the Skins have had a few losing seasons, he's jumping ship.

Fine, if he wants to do that, great. It's his choice. But he's not welcome back when we start winning again. As Malcolm said, this site is for knowledgable FANS.

Sorry to be so opinionated, I just feel VERY strongly about the importance of loyalty.
Schneed10 is offline  
Old 04-27-2005, 10:37 PM   #20
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 3,087
Re: Gibbs meeting with Rod Lardner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavarTaylor21
Looks like we found out who formerskinzfan's girlfriend is. Look Junior, it is an injustice that he turned on the Skin's and dont act like you are a true fan either. I ll lash out on anyone who talks down on the BURGANDY and GOLD till the day I die. You can leave too!!!!
Damn, anonymity makes people ballsy as hell. I wish I could be as cool as you and talk sh*t and try to call people out on a message board. I mean God forbid anyone try to have an adult conversation. I try to present some real sh*t and you're all "you're his girlfriend...you can leave too!!!" I'm sure you'd reference the logo, too, so I will. It says knowlegeable. That usually goes hand-in-hand with maturity. You demonstrated niether knowledge or maturity with that post.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is offline  
Old 04-27-2005, 10:39 PM   #21
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 3,087
Re: Gibbs meeting with Rod Lardner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10
I got no beef with anyone who gets down on the team's moves. I was pissed when Snyder brought in Jeff George and ousted Brad Johnson. I have a beef with someone who walks out on the team. Actually, now that I think about it, if you want to walk away from being a fan of the Skins, that's cool, I guess that's his decision to make. But there's no coming back. Once you break your loyalty, you're done forever in my eyes.

And yes, there has been some fair weather, albeit shortlived. We made the playoffs in 1999 and won the NFC East. We came within a botched snap on a field goal to facing the Rams in the NFC Championship. That's fair weather, all in all, a good year. I'll bet this chump was on board the team's bandwagon then, and now that the Skins have had a few losing seasons, he's jumping ship.

Fine, if he wants to do that, great. It's his choice. But he's not welcome back when we start winning again. As Malcolm said, this site is for knowledgable FANS.

Sorry to be so opinionated, I just feel VERY strongly about the importance of loyalty.
I agree with what you said. I just don't think we need to be calling him a loser because he doesn't like a football team. Apparently that makes me gay and not a fan.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is offline  
Old 04-27-2005, 10:41 PM   #22
Special Teams
 
azskinsfan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Age: 57
Posts: 232
Re: Gibbs meeting with Rod Lardner?

I've been a Skins fan for all the Superbowls and all the lowsy teams. I'd never even consider giving up on my Skins!!! If you are a true Skins fan, you never use the title "former skins fan". Everyone is entitled to their opinion but like the others have said, if you're a former Skins fan, go to the site of whatever team you are rooting for now!!!

Skins fan for life!!!!!!!!!
__________________
Long live Sonny J!!! Rock on Redskins!!!!!!
azskinsfan2 is offline  
Old 04-27-2005, 10:43 PM   #23
Registered User
 
LavarTaylor21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 29
Re: Gibbs meeting with Rod Lardner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlea
Damn, anonymity makes people ballsy as hell. I wish I could be as cool as you and talk sh*t and try to call people out on a message board. I mean God forbid anyone try to have an adult conversation. I try to present some real sh*t and you're all "you're his girlfriend...you can leave too!!!" I'm sure you'd reference the logo, too, so I will. It says knowlegeable. That usually goes hand-in-hand with maturity. You demonstrated niether with that post.
Present some real sh*t??????? This is a forum for Redskin fans, not Oprah and Dr. Phil fans. Dont give me that crap. Cry me a river little one. Go get your Bledsoe Jersey and pretend you where a Cowboy's fan in the nineties too. Atleast you were 6 then. Give me a break lady!!!!!
LavarTaylor21 is offline  
Old 04-27-2005, 10:43 PM   #24
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 3,087
Re: Gibbs meeting with Rod Lardner?

Look...I agree with you guys. I'm just saying he's not a fan anymore. I don't see what the big deal is. I think it's funny though that people wanna make personal attacks like calling him a "loser" when you're pissed off that he doesn't like a team that you like. Now, who's really the loser?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is offline  
Old 04-27-2005, 10:45 PM   #25
Registered User
 
LavarTaylor21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 29
Re: Gibbs meeting with Rod Lardner?

You are jdlea.
LavarTaylor21 is offline  
Old 04-27-2005, 10:45 PM   #26
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 3,087
Re: Gibbs meeting with Rod Lardner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavarTaylor21
Present some real sh*t??????? This is a forum for Redskin fans, not Oprah and Dr. Phil fans. Dont give me that crap. Cry me a river little one. Go get your Bledsoe Jersey and pretend you where a Cowboy's fan in the nineties too. Atleast you were 6 then. Give me a break lady!!!!!
Nah, you're right...everyone should hate people for not liking the same sports team.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is offline  
Old 04-27-2005, 10:46 PM   #27
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,541
Re: Gibbs meeting with Rod Lardner?

Yeah, while I completely disapprove of him posting here in any way, I don't think personal attacks are called for at all.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline  
Old 04-27-2005, 10:46 PM   #28
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 3,087
Re: Gibbs meeting with Rod Lardner?

Yeah...I could see I'm a loser because you hate somebody for not liking a team you like. You're not part of em, you just like em. And he doesn't, so you hate him. You need a life.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is offline  
Old 04-27-2005, 10:46 PM   #29
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,304
Re: Gibbs meeting with Rod Lardner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlea
I agree with what you said. I just don't think we need to be calling him a loser because he doesn't like a football team. Apparently that makes me gay and not a fan.
No I think you are a good fan, I've never seen you write a post saying you don't care about the team anymore, or stating you're not a fan. Every post I've seen from you has added quality to our discussions here. This other dude doesn't add quality to our discussions, and his team name shows he has abandoned his loyalty to the team. Every person I've encountered on the Warpath, while having differing opinions, all are clearly true and loyal fans. This is the first time I've personally seen a guy on this site who has denounced the team. I'd just like to see him go away. There's no place for him here.
Schneed10 is offline  
Old 04-27-2005, 10:47 PM   #30
Registered User
 
LavarTaylor21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 29
Re: Gibbs meeting with Rod Lardner?

Lady Jdlea, when did I use the word hate? Dont you have school tommorrow?
LavarTaylor21 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31171 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25