Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Gibbs meeting with Rod Lardner?

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2005, 08:08 PM   #1
Camp Scrub
 
formerskinzfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 11
Thumbs down Gibbs meeting with Rod Lardner?

Well, now that I've seen the great Joe Gibbs have to practically genuflect to get the over-paid, under productive louse that is Rod Gardner to play with half a heart next year I am beginning to understand why we didn't take Mike Williams. Gardner was so unproductive last year, Gibbs couldn't even package the guy with our 9 pick to move his sorry, lazy ass. It's a much better idea for us to showcase Gardner for free all season seeing as how we'll be left with no compensation for him after he bolts to the first team stupid enough to over pay him. We of course will be left with an even less effective receivers corps than we have now, forcing the Daniel to go out and overpay for another past his prime veteran. It's so clear to me now. We didn't draft Mike Williams b/c Snyder is going to bring in Jerry Rice at 5 years and $40 million guaranteed. I stand corrected. It's all making sense to me now.
formerskinzfan is offline  

Advertisements
Old 04-27-2005, 08:14 PM   #2
Thank You, Sean.
 
Gmanc711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Age: 28
Posts: 7,497
Re: Gibbs meeting with Rod Lardner?

What the hell are you talking about?
__________________
#21
Gmanc711 is offline  
Old 04-27-2005, 08:14 PM   #3
What will Shanny do this offseason?
 
diehardskin2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,318
Re: Gibbs meeting with Rod Lardner?

what made you a former skinz fan?
__________________
That got ugly fast
diehardskin2982 is offline  
Old 04-27-2005, 08:34 PM   #4
Camp Scrub
 
formerskinzfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 11
Re: Gibbs meeting with Rod Lardner?

I am still aghast at our failure to take Mike Williams in the draft this year. I think for me, it was the straw that broke the camel's back after watching Snyder wreck this team and make us the laughingstock of the league by insisting that Jeff George was our quarterback of the future when every GM in the world knew he was a total bum. I live in Southern California and all I can say to the Mike Williams doubters is this. In spite of SC winning it all and sending Reggie Bush and Matt Leinart to the Heisman ceremony, Mike Williams was still the best player at USC last year. This isn't a repeat of the Michael Westbrook scenario. He's not Keyshawn Johnson either. I know Rogers is a good player, but we left a franchise wide out on the table to do it and I think it will go down as the worst mistake we've ever made in the draft. And most importantly, it's going to cost our already anemic passing offense about 10-15 touchdowns a year for the next decade. And I'm still confused as hell as to why we had to trade all the way up into the first round to take a QB who was going to be available for the next two or three rounds at least.
formerskinzfan is offline  
Old 04-27-2005, 09:00 PM   #5
Playmaker
 
cpayne5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,807
Re: Gibbs meeting with Rod Lardner?

If we start winning next year, I hope you stay a 'formerskinzfan'.
__________________
"It's not about what you've done, but what's been done for you."
cpayne5 is offline  
Old 04-27-2005, 09:20 PM   #6
Registered User
 
LavarTaylor21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 29
Re: Gibbs meeting with Rod Lardner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerskinzfan
I am still aghast at our failure to take Mike Williams in the draft this year. I think for me, it was the straw that broke the camel's back after watching Snyder wreck this team and make us the laughingstock of the league by insisting that Jeff George was our quarterback of the future when every GM in the world knew he was a total bum. I live in Southern California and all I can say to the Mike Williams doubters is this. In spite of SC winning it all and sending Reggie Bush and Matt Leinart to the Heisman ceremony, Mike Williams was still the best player at USC last year. This isn't a repeat of the Michael Westbrook scenario. He's not Keyshawn Johnson either. I know Rogers is a good player, but we left a franchise wide out on the table to do it and I think it will go down as the worst mistake we've ever made in the draft. And most importantly, it's going to cost our already anemic passing offense about 10-15 touchdowns a year for the next decade. And I'm still confused as hell as to why we had to trade all the way up into the first round to take a QB who was going to be available for the next two or three rounds at least.
You idiot, Mike Williams didnt play last year. Wasn't David Terrell supposed to be Chicago's savior wide out? Where is he now? Mike Williams wont even be as good as Keyshawn and I think Keyshawn sucks. Go jump on the San Diego Chargers bandwagon and get on their website. We'll see you next year after the Skins win Super Bowl XL. We dont need any haters, so dont let the door hit cha' where the good lord split ya'.
LavarTaylor21 is offline  
Old 04-27-2005, 09:21 PM   #7
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,472
Re: Gibbs meeting with Rod Lardner?

Hmmmmmm, lets see - Skinzdomin8, formerskinzfan: same inability to spell, same assinine comments, same lame attitude.

Gosh, wonder if it's the same guy??
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 04-27-2005, 09:24 PM   #8
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,472
Re: Gibbs meeting with Rod Lardner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerskinzfan
And I'm still confused as hell as to why we had to trade all the way up into the first round to take a QB who was going to be available for the next two or three rounds at least.
Regardless of the wisdom of trading up - your comments just highligt your ignorance. Campbell was going to be gone by the 3rd pick in the 2nd round (Cleveland) or perhaps TBay or perhaps Arizona. He was the 3rd QB on everyone's boards.

Sorry - I shouldn't even post responses to you. It's a waste of time. But then, being a waste of space - you probably can relate.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 04-27-2005, 09:34 PM   #9
Special Teams
 
Yellow31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 123
Re: Gibbs meeting with Rod Lardner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerskinzfan
Well, now that I've seen the great Joe Gibbs have to practically genuflect to get the over-paid, under productive louse that is Rod Gardner to play with half a heart next year I am beginning to understand why we didn't take Mike Williams. Gardner was so unproductive last year, Gibbs couldn't even package the guy with our 9 pick to move his sorry, lazy ass. It's a much better idea for us to showcase Gardner for free all season seeing as how we'll be left with no compensation for him after he bolts to the first team stupid enough to over pay him. We of course will be left with an even less effective receivers corps than we have now, forcing the Daniel to go out and overpay for another past his prime veteran. It's so clear to me now. We didn't draft Mike Williams b/c Snyder is going to bring in Jerry Rice at 5 years and $40 million guaranteed. I stand corrected. It's all making sense to me now.
Calm down Beavis.
Yellow31 is offline  
Old 04-27-2005, 09:39 PM   #10
Registered User
 
LavarTaylor21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 29
Re: Gibbs meeting with Rod Lardner?

Peter Warrick and Plaxico also lived up tp their potential.
LavarTaylor21 is offline  
Old 04-27-2005, 09:58 PM   #11
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,463
Re: Gibbs meeting with Rod Lardner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin
Hmmmmmm, lets see - Skinzdomin8, formerskinzfan: same inability to spell, same assinine comments, same lame attitude.

Gosh, wonder if it's the same guy??
I was wondering the same thing...
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline  
Old 04-27-2005, 10:05 PM   #12
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,277
Re: Gibbs meeting with Rod Lardner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow31
Calm down Beavis.
First off, this was awesome

Secondly, FormerSkinzFan, there's nothing worse than a fairweather fan. Your team name sickens me. I honestly would equate you with a piece of sh*t Eagles fan, because only those fans are fickle enough to turn on their team. I hope I never see you on this site ever again. Fans like Daseal get frustrated and are down on the team's moves, and that's fine. But he sticks with the team. If you're not a fan of the team, go the hell away. We're real Redskins fans here, we're loyal, and we don't want none of your kind.

Especially if you're going to go writing posts that don't make any damn sense.

Schneed10 is offline  
Old 04-27-2005, 10:07 PM   #13
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: Gibbs meeting with Rod Lardner?

I really did learn something today. I learned the word genuflect. I've never heard of the word before.
saden1 is offline  
Old 04-27-2005, 10:21 PM   #14
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 3,087
Re: Gibbs meeting with Rod Lardner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10
First off, this was awesome

Secondly, FormerSkinzFan, there's nothing worse than a fairweather fan. Your team name sickens me. I honestly would equate you with a piece of sh*t Eagles fan, because only those fans are fickle enough to turn on their team. I hope I never see you on this site ever again. Fans like Daseal get frustrated and are down on the team's moves, and that's fine. But he sticks with the team. If you're not a fan of the team, go the hell away. We're real Redskins fans here, we're loyal, and we don't want none of your kind.

Especially if you're going to go writing posts that don't make any damn sense.

I think you guys need to lighten up some. The guys not a Skins fan anymore...so? You all are kinda lashing out at him, I don't think it's that big of a deal. I kind of agree with some of what he says. I kind of agree with some of what a lot of you say. I don't think Mike Williams is nearly as good as he thinks, but I could be wrong. I think that's what we all need to realize from time to time...we could be wrong. I've been wrong plenty of times. That's fine. I just don't see why a lot of people are getting so riled up about this guy's distaste for the franchise.

First of all, I hate me some Snyder, so I can see where he's going with that. Also, in order for him to be a "fair weather" fan, there would have had to have been some fair weather in the not so distant past. I understand your point about Daseal sticking with the team...kinda like me. I think a lot of us get down on the team sometimes and I think Daseal and I are lucky enough to not really remember when this was a very good team. Or even a good team, for that matter. I have to correct something...I was 3 and 7 when they went to Super Bowls, I wasn't alive for the first one they won in the 80's. I don't know how some of you can stand to watch this team if you remember that. They used to be great. I wonder how more of you don't hate Snyder. I don't even like him and they've been bad most of my life.

Anyway, I'm starting to ramble...point is: I don't think it's some great injustice that this guy has turned on the Skins. However, I do wish his posts made some kind of sense. I mean, I'm trying to defend you, but the first post made absolutely no sense whatsoever. I think the biggest thing, however, is that we need to not attack him personally for not liking the Redskins because he feels they're poorly run. A lot of times I'd agree. Like I said, we're all wrong sometimes. If he wants to leave the team alone, let him.

P.S. I do understand that he kinda brings it on himself by starting new threads. Especially when they resemble that first post. However, I don't think we need to kill this guy and gang up on him for it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is offline  
Old 04-27-2005, 10:29 PM   #15
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,463
Re: Gibbs meeting with Rod Lardner?

When I read the top of the page I'm reminded that this site is for the knowledgeable fan. He isn't a fan anymore, so it's not for him.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30322 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25