Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Thrash is a Redskin WOW????? (Merged)

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2004, 11:13 PM   #1
Camp Scrub
 
skins93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Age: 44
Posts: 14
Skins trade for Thrash?

I live in Philly and a local notable reporter here is saying that the Eagles will trade the Skins for a 6th round pick within the next 36 hours.

Obviously, Gibbs is more of an expert than anyone of us, but this move really confuses me. We obviously have a crowded WR corp (Coles, Gardner, McCants, Jacobs, Russell, Cloman, Swayne), which obviously means some big things might happen.

After hearing some others, we may trade Gardner to get possibly a 3rd rounder and keep McCants (who won't cost as much and can be signed to just a 1 year deal). Thrash would be the 3rd WR with Jacobs possibly getting some major playing time. However, whoever turns out to be the 4th WR probably won't play much. Gibbs doesn't usually have 4 WR on the field...
skins93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-29-2004, 11:40 PM   #2
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,494
Anything is possible.
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 11:49 PM   #3
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,237
I hope not, he stunk it up in Washington before. Give him to the Giants. Make him the new Brian Mitchell... less talented Brian Mitchell.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 11:54 PM   #4
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal
I hope not, he stunk it up in Washington before.
He did no such thing. He is no world class WR but he played hard to earn a spot on the team. I like the guy because he is a hard worker.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 12:12 AM   #5
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,494
He would be a good addition to the special teams unit.
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 12:16 AM   #6
Special Teams
 
Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 298
I'd rather keep the 6th round pick and have some semblance of a draft.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 12:37 AM   #7
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,967
So if I'm understanding this right essentially what we're saying here is Bryan Johnson for Thrash (via a 6th round pick), granted BJ doesn't stay in the division

I'd rather Johnson or the pick any day over Thrash
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 12:50 AM   #8
Thank You, Sean.
 
Gmanc711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 7,505
I agree, I think we should keep all the picks we can get our hands on. Even if we can just get a guy to mess around with, he could end up working out. We really dont need thrash, were already stacked at Wide-Out
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 01:01 AM   #9
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins93
I live in Philly and a local notable reporter here is saying that the Eagles will trade the Skins for a 6th round pick within the next 36 hours.

Obviously, Gibbs is more of an expert than anyone of us, but this move really confuses me. We obviously have a crowded WR corp (Coles, Gardner, McCants, Jacobs, Russell, Cloman, Swayne), which obviously means some big things might happen.

After hearing some others, we may trade Gardner to get possibly a 3rd rounder and keep McCants (who won't cost as much and can be signed to just a 1 year deal). Thrash would be the 3rd WR with Jacobs possibly getting some major playing time. However, whoever turns out to be the 4th WR probably won't play much. Gibbs doesn't usually have 4 WR on the field...
So is the reporter actually saying Thrash for a 6th round pick or just that there will be a trade? And is it this year's 6th?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 01:08 AM   #10
Special Teams
 
Winskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Wheaton, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 282
Eagles just got 4 compensatory draft picks

According to the official site of the Philidelphia Eagles, they have received 4 compensatory draft picks in the upcoming draft (2- 4th rounders, 2- 7th rounders) boosting their total number of picks to 10. This might dissuade the Eagles from trading Thrash for a 6th rounder. On the bright side, I don't think Thrash would have been a very good addition, since we already have a relatively deep core of wideouts.
I say the 'skins should either use the new pick or trade it to another team in a package with some other player(s) we don't particularly need. Tell me what you think. :thumb:
Winskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 01:10 AM   #11
Impact Rookie
 
skins009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 528
Well if this trade is true, its one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. Thrash, i mean trash. The guy sucks, plus WR is about the one position where we are overloaded. If this is true, then Gibbs has def. shown, that while he is one hell of a coach, he's not much of a GM.
skins009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 01:16 AM   #12
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winskins
According to the official site of the Philidelphia Eagles, they have received 4 compensatory draft picks in the upcoming draft (2- 4th rounders, 2- 7th rounders) boosting their total number of picks to 10. This might dissuade the Eagles from trading Thrash for a 6th rounder. On the bright side, I don't think Thrash would have been a very good addition, since we already have a relatively deep core of wideouts.
I say the 'skins should either use the new pick or trade it to another team in a package with some other player(s) we don't particularly need. Tell me what you think. :thumb:
First of all, Welcome to the Warpath Winskins! Good to have you on board. Tell us a bit more about yourself

I think I'd rather hold on to the pick. Maybe get some cheap diamond in the rough with the 6th pick
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 01:19 AM   #13
The Starter
 
RedskinPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Camino,Ca
Posts: 1,174
Winskins I think you are right. I think he will be cut in june so why give up a draft pick?
RedskinPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 01:26 AM   #14
Special Teams
 
Winskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Wheaton, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by smootsmack
First of all, Welcome to the Warpath Winskins! Good to have you on board. Tell us a bit more about yourself

I think I'd rather hold on to the pick. Maybe get some cheap diamond in the rough with the 6th pick
Well I'm a student a UMCP, true skin's fan, and I finally found a website with a lot of good opinions.
Thanks for the welcome smootsmack!
Winskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 01:49 AM   #15
The Starter
 
RedskinPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Camino,Ca
Posts: 1,174
Thrash is a Redskin WOW?????

Just when you thought you have seen every thing. In the Wahington Post it said we traded our 5th round pick! Did we real need him that bad? It seem that WR is very nice but maybe that means McCants might not be signed because of cap room?
RedskinPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28005 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25