Warpath  

Home | Forums | Shop | Donate




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


The coordinators

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2017, 01:44 PM   #511
Impact Rookie
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 583
Re: The coordinators

1) I've been on the enthusiastic side of this board all season long, I think I was one of the less mad about our defense people around here, I still think this D is only a few pieces away from being efficient...

But.

Meh is the word.

2) After the Manusky promotion, here are some of the things I need to happen during the offseason to keep my enthusiasm alive:

-KC signed to a long term deal.

-PG back.

-Solid FA signings and draft on the defensive side of the ball.

3) What do you guys think will happen at the OC position? I haven't heard nor read a lot about that... ? Matt Cavanaugh?
__________________
Is there another french fan of the redskins?
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-22-2017, 01:47 PM   #512
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 44
Posts: 88,857
Re: The coordinators

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
1) I've been on the enthusiastic side of this board all season long, I think I was one of the less mad about our defense people around here, I still think this D is only a few pieces away from being efficient...

But.

Meh is the word.

2) After the Manusky promotion, here are some of the things I need to happen during the offseason to keep my enthusiasm alive:

-KC signed to a long term deal.

-PG back.

-Solid FA signings and draft on the defensive side of the ball.

3) What do you guys think will happen at the OC position? I haven't heard nor read a lot about that... ?
Likely Matt Cavanaugh is getting promoted, its why we hired a new QB coach earlier in the week.

http://www.hogshaven.com/2017/1/21/1...-likely-new-oc
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 02:01 PM   #513
Impact Rookie
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 583
Re: The coordinators

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Likely Matt Cavanaugh is getting promoted, its why we hired a new QB coach earlier in the week.

http://www.hogshaven.com/2017/1/21/1...-likely-new-oc
Yeah I just read that seconds after posting (edited my post), what do you think about that promotion?
__________________
Is there another french fan of the redskins?
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 02:07 PM   #514
Another Year, another mess.
 
diehardskin2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,506
Re: The coordinators

I have to see his staff addition and what type of philosophy will he use. He reminds me of Joe Barry, a proven good POSITIONAL Coach who will likely fail as a DC.
__________________
That got ugly fast
diehardskin2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 02:12 PM   #515
The Starter
 
DYoungJelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Clintwood, VA
Posts: 1,024
Re: The coordinators

I don't see the offensive philosophy changing much with Cavanaugh as the OC. He is going to install Jay's offense and Jay is probably going to be calling the plays or dictating the play calling in some way.
__________________
I'm tired of these monkey fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane!
DYoungJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 02:17 PM   #516
Impact Rookie
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 583
Re: The coordinators

The thing I like about these in house hirings is the "don't completely swipe the table after our 2 best seasons in ages" philosophy. But I admit this offseason has to be convincing.
__________________
Is there another french fan of the redskins?
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 02:19 PM   #517
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 44
Posts: 88,857
Re: The coordinators

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Yeah I just read that seconds after posting (edited my post), what do you think about that promotion?
Fine with me, at the end of the day this is still Jay's offense and he will alway be heavily involved with it.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 02:47 PM   #518
Playmaker
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Age: 33
Posts: 3,325
Re: The coordinators

Still need 3 new coaches on defense, line, OLB, and secondary.

Offensive staff is set, I'm happy we went with Cavanaugh. If we can keep the same offense and improve red zone we'll be in a good place there.

I'm glad we have extra picks because we need a lot of help on defense, but I also think we need to draft RB, a TE who can block, and someone who can play g/c. Still leaves 6 picks for defense.
__________________
What the... That's it! Einhorn is Finkle! Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is a man!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 02:56 PM   #519
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 9,819
Re: The coordinators

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Still need 3 new coaches on defense, line, OLB, and secondary.

Offensive staff is set, I'm happy we went with Cavanaugh. If we can keep the same offense and improve red zone we'll be in a good place there.

I'm glad we have extra picks because we need a lot of help on defense, but I also think we need to draft RB, a TE who can block, and someone who can play g/c. Still leaves 6 picks for defense.
Ron Jeremy will be our new DT coach, I bet that's what his interview was about. Would not be surprised if Tarver also joins. That would be some nice additions to the D staff.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 03:16 PM   #520
Impact Rookie
 
metalskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 584
Re: The coordinators

Kind of anticlimactic. The Redskins took all this time and energy in finding a new defensive coordinator, and wound up promoting from within. Not trying to be negative, but I have a hard time believing Manusky was the best candidate for the job. I still believe this was a hire based on our top choices not wanting to come to Washington.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
__________________
Reserved for a witty signature.
metalskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 03:22 PM   #521
Impact Rookie
 
ethat001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 891
Re: The coordinators

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
The thing I like about these in house hirings is the "don't completely swipe the table after our 2 best seasons in ages" philosophy. But I admit this offseason has to be convincing.
Two best team seasons in ages DESPITE a horrific defense.. The D was the weak link, there's no reason not to swipe the table on D..
ethat001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 03:36 PM   #522
Impact Rookie
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 583
Re: The coordinators

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethat001 View Post
Two best team seasons in ages DESPITE a horrific defense.. The D was the weak link, there's no reason not to swipe the table on D..
Yeah I was more talking about the Cavanaugh hiring.
On one hand they did swipe the table on the D when they fired half the staff...
Hey to be honest I'm just trying my best to see the bright side of this.

I think we have to be patient and hope FA and draft bring a massive input of defensive talent.
__________________
Is there another french fan of the redskins?
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 04:30 PM   #523
Playmaker
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Age: 33
Posts: 3,325
Re: The coordinators

We need to win the off season lol.
__________________
What the... That's it! Einhorn is Finkle! Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is a man!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 04:36 PM   #524
Gamebreaker
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 28
Posts: 13,267
Re: The coordinators

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Ron Jeremy will be our new DT coach, I bet that's what his interview was about. Would not be surprised if Tarver also joins. That would be some nice additions to the D staff.
Not sure what a porn star is going to teach our linemen but I hope it's useful.
__________________
State of the Redskins 2017
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 05:12 PM   #525
Playmaker
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Age: 33
Posts: 3,325
Re: The coordinators

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Not sure what a porn star is going to teach our linemen but I hope it's useful.
I'm not familiar with this coach either, sadly I know who that fat disgusting slob is. You're on fire today.
__________________
What the... That's it! Einhorn is Finkle! Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is a man!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.10546 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25