Warpath  

Home | Forums | Shop | Donate




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Post game

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2016, 01:26 PM   #46
Camp Scrub
 
PorkSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 86
Re: Post game

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I think the Bucs lose at least one to the Saints or Panthers. I think GreenBay loses at Detroit. That game will still mean something to Detroit. Skins win out because the Bears are worse than us, and Gints will rest. So we totally back into the playoffs.
Not so fast about the Giants resting their personnel. As, I mentioned in another thread, there is a scenario where they could play their starters.

If the Giants beat the Eagles, and Dallas loses to Detroit, then the G-men will be in position to play for a divisional title in the final week of the season.

As far, as backing into the playoffs.... Your scenario wouldn't be considered "backing into the playoffs." Backing into the playoffs is what we did in 1992. We lost to the Raiders during the final week of the season (at RFK, no less), and needed the Vikings to beat the Packers the following day (which, they did, as both teams was playing for a divisional title). The Vikings, at home, whipped the Packers, and we get in virtue of the Packers losing. That's the true term of backing into the playoffs. Losing a game or games and needing another team or more to win for you to get in.

If we win out, and others lose, then we won to get in. Yes, we needed help, but, technically, we still did our job along the way.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-20-2016, 01:57 PM   #47
The Starter
 
SirLK26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,158
Re: Post game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
But But but....look at all the yards!!!!! And Cousins has a lot of passing yards!

Not sold either.
It's not just yards, we're 8th in points per drive. I get that they weren't great yesterday but that was more of an anomoly than anything else. If this offense was half as bad as the defense we'd be lucky to have 4 wins.
__________________
"...There's no reason why this team can't win. There's no reason at all." - Scot, 1/9/15

Keep the name
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 02:01 PM   #48
The Starter
 
Irrefutable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,021
Re: Post game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Joe Barry. Fucking Joe Barry. Can't make any positive impact on the team whatsoever.

There's not a single guy playing better than his talent level.

Get him the fuck out. I can't believe he was our D Coordinator choice. The resume was shit. I think Gruden will cut him loose, but in the unlikely circumstance that he doesn't, I think the organization has to force him to.
everyone blames Barry, maybe rightfully so. However, who did Scott add to the defense that helped ? Reyes, Bruton, Toler, Jenkins, Matt I,... yea Norman but he will cost $20 million next year.
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 02:14 PM   #49
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 30
Posts: 19,906
Re: Post game

Guys y'all need to calm down on this kirk bullshit. First of all if it wasn't for him we wouldn't even be a playoff contender in the first damn place.

Reed goes down. Kirk balls out still.

TW out 4 weeks.. Kirk plays good to great still.

No run game at all for most games.... Kirk still shines.

Fucking joke of a defense... Still a top 5 offense.

Who else we gonna get?? Kirk is not the problem. Last night he didn't play great, but my God he has to be damn near flawless every game to win, shit isn't that easy. He's not Brady or Manning.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 02:19 PM   #50
Captain Kirk
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 37
Posts: 10,031
Re: Post game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrefutable View Post
everyone blames Barry, maybe rightfully so. However, who did Scott add to the defense that helped ? Reyes, Bruton, Toler, Jenkins, Matt I,... yea Norman but he will cost $20 million next year.
If you added Norman, and didn't change much else with defensive personnel, why should the defense be any worse the next year?

But it is. Way worse. That's on Barry.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 02:21 PM   #51
The Starter
 
SirLK26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,158
Re: Post game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrefutable View Post
everyone blames Barry, maybe rightfully so. However, who did Scott add to the defense that helped ? Reyes, Bruton, Toler, Jenkins, Matt I,... yea Norman but he will cost $20 million next year.
It's amazing when you compare the talent on offense to what's on defense. On offense you have Trent, Reed, DJax, Garcon, Cousins, Scherff, Crowder, and Davis. Those first 3 are elite players, the others extremely effective. And then on defense you have Norman as the one elite player, then Kerrigan obviously is good, maybe Baker? That's a big disparity. It's been said before, but this offseason has to be defense focused along with bringing in a new coordinator who can get more out of what we have
__________________
"...There's no reason why this team can't win. There's no reason at all." - Scot, 1/9/15

Keep the name
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 02:22 PM   #52
Special Teams
 
rocnrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 355
Re: Post game

I have to give some of you credit you do seem to think very positive!! I just don't see anyway this team wins at Chicago or Giants..what am I missing? and to even talk about playoffs reminds me of Jim Mora..playoffs...PLAYOFFS..1/2 the fans think Coach's should be fired,cousins sucks..etc and the other thinks we still deserve the playoffs.. The team I watched last night suck! We can't beat teams that have been eliminated from playoffs for weeks to get ourselves into post season..what am I missing? Cousins is the only bright spot On this team and finally the weight was to much..same for Norman ..they really are the Top 2 players on this team ..in fact I would trade our entire roster except those two for The Browns Roster minus RGIII and we would be a better team. any one else agree??
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 02:32 PM   #53
MVP
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 45
Posts: 10,547
Re: Post game

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
I have to give some of you credit you do seem to think very positive!! I just don't see anyway this team wins at Chicago or Giants..what am I missing? and to even talk about playoffs reminds me of Jim Mora..playoffs...PLAYOFFS..1/2 the fans think Coach's should be fired,cousins sucks..etc and the other thinks we still deserve the playoffs.. The team I watched last night suck! We can't beat teams that have been eliminated from playoffs for weeks to get ourselves into post season..what am I missing? Cousins is the only bright spot On this team and finally the weight was to much..same for Norman ..they really are the Top 2 players on this team ..in fact I would trade our entire roster except those two for The Browns Roster minus RGIII and we would be a better team. any one else agree??


We can certainly win at the Bears. We have won 7 games so it happens. Lol. I think the Gints will be locked in to a seed the last week so they may rest their starters. If TB loses one and Dallas beats Detroit than we would be in. Greenbay plays Detroit the last week and someone has to lose. If Detroit beats Dallas, than we would have to have them beat GB. We can easily back our way into the playoffs by beating the Bears and a second string Giants squad.
That being said Atlanta will probably roast us. However Ill indulge in one more kool aid cocktail if given the opportunity.
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 02:33 PM   #54
Captain Kirk
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 37
Posts: 10,031
Re: Post game

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
I have to give some of you credit you do seem to think very positive!! I just don't see anyway this team wins at Chicago or Giants..what am I missing? and to even talk about playoffs reminds me of Jim Mora..playoffs...PLAYOFFS..1/2 the fans think Coach's should be fired,cousins sucks..etc and the other thinks we still deserve the playoffs.. The team I watched last night suck! We can't beat teams that have been eliminated from playoffs for weeks to get ourselves into post season..what am I missing? Cousins is the only bright spot On this team and finally the weight was to much..same for Norman ..they really are the Top 2 players on this team ..in fact I would trade our entire roster except those two for The Browns Roster minus RGIII and we would be a better team. any one else agree??
Chicago is beatable for sure but I don't think there's any reason to think we'll beat New York with the way they're playing.

Chicago just lacks talent. The Panthers disrupted our offense by getting a push up the middle, you don't see the Bears having a strength anywhere on defense like that where you say gee that's a problem for our offense.

But we have no reason to believe Eli won't carve us up. And their defense has gotten so much better. Their DBs and our WRs, that's a fair fight.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 02:36 PM   #55
Special Teams
 
Redskins247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 315
Re: Post game

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I won't be singing a different tune. I'm slow to anger but now I'm really pissed off and likely to stay that way. We continually come out flat and lose so-called "must win" games. That is on Jay Gruden, IMO, and I don't envision that changing as long as he is here. I like continuity, but not with the wrong HC. I'm just about done with Gruden.

McVay's play-calling is as predictable as the direction in which the sun will come up each morning. He also sucks out loud in the Red Zone.

There will be much better DC's available than Joe Barry this off-season and we should take advantage of that to hire one of them.

WTF happened to Perry Fewell? The DB's don't seem to have a clue about how to play their positions.

The players should be ashamed of the way they played last night. They were manhandled on both sides of the ball. They all looked like a big bunch of pussies! It was pathetic!

Once again, Kirk Cousins fizzled out on a big stage. I'm starting to really hate the idea of paying him the Big Bucks - and I've supported him.

So what if we beat the Bears on Saturday? We're supposed to beat them. That's no big deal to me. But what does it say about our team if we lose to them?
This is pretty much where I am as well. I had a bad feeling we'd lose to them and they certainly lived up to the disappointment. I mean what is with the Monday Night Games....did half the team get sh!tfaced the night before?? Why can't they ever win one of these?? I really think the best possible outcome we could hope for now is to somehow beat the Bears and Giants but still miss the playoffs, so everything ends with some hope for next season. I'd personally rather them not make the playoffs and get embarrassed again to end the season. Let them spend the offseason with these bitter losses to Arizona and Carolina and the stupid tie in London in their mouths that caused them to miss the playoffs, and maybe, just maybe they start the season off next year hungry!
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 02:45 PM   #56
Finally...the off-season!

 
CrazyCanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,939
Re: Post game

Putrid performance. We should be ashamed.

F the playoffs, I'm on to 2017.

On the bright side, Barry will be gone, and we'll save millions on Kirk's new contract.
CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 02:58 PM   #57
Impact Rookie
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 575
Re: Post game

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
I have to give some of you credit you do seem to think very positive!! I just don't see anyway this team wins at Chicago or Giants..what am I missing? and to even talk about playoffs reminds me of Jim Mora..playoffs...PLAYOFFS..1/2 the fans think Coach's should be fired,cousins sucks..etc and the other thinks we still deserve the playoffs.. The team I watched last night suck! We can't beat teams that have been eliminated from playoffs for weeks to get ourselves into post season..what am I missing? Cousins is the only bright spot On this team and finally the weight was to much..same for Norman ..they really are the Top 2 players on this team ..in fact I would trade our entire roster except those two for The Browns Roster minus RGIII and we would be a better team. any one else agree??
And that my friend, is why you're not the GM of this team ^^
__________________
Is there another french fan of the redskins?
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 02:59 PM   #58
MVP
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 45
Posts: 10,547
Re: Post game

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck View Post
Putrid performance. We should be ashamed.



F the playoffs, I'm on to 2017.



On the bright side, Barry will be gone, and we'll save millions on Kirk's new contract.


You think Kirk is gone?
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 03:00 PM   #59
Gamebreaker
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 13,001
Re: Post game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
But But but....look at all the yards!!!!! And Cousins has a lot of passing yards!

Not sold either.

My only issue with Kirk so far is this. When it counts the most, he doesn't seem show up, or at least not as much as he should. Red zone. He's throwing a whopping 44%. Big must win games. Nowhere to be found. Yards are great and all, but if you don't have the scoring or clutch ability to back it up, it's quite useless. The Panthers defense is bad. This is a fucking team Kirk has to shred. It's not all on Kirk either because McVay is mind boggling with the lack of runs. KC isn't going to be able to carry a team by himself like a Brady/Manning can. Not right now anyway.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 03:06 PM   #60
MVP
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 45
Posts: 10,547
Re: Post game

Kirk himself has played well enough to win 10-12 games if he had half a defense and a serviceable run game.
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31641 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25