Warpath  

Home | Forums | Shop | Donate




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Week 17

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2016, 08:58 AM   #31
MVP
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 45
Posts: 10,505
Re: Week 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
Back to the redskins, I wouldn't want Ryan, Fisher or Williams as our DC. Ryan and Fisher have egos that would get in the way and screw up the chemistry of the team, and I wouldn't trust Williams. Don't get me wrong, if love to upgrade at D coordinator but just not with these guys.

Btw, speaking of Barry, I hope he blitzes the shit out of Eli right out of the box, even if we get torched a bit. Signal to McAdoo that if he leaves him in, he risks us knocking him out of the playoffs. Repeat until we do or McAdoo pulls him.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Good philosophy but has Eli ever been hurt in his life? Lol. Something tells me that our D isn't going to be the one that finally takes him out.
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-28-2016, 09:03 AM   #32
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 40
Posts: 17,854
Re: Week 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
Back to the redskins, I wouldn't want Ryan, Fisher or Williams as our DC. Ryan and Fisher have egos that would get in the way and screw up the chemistry of the team, and I wouldn't trust Williams. Don't get me wrong, if love to upgrade at D coordinator but just not with these guys.

Btw, speaking of Barry, I hope he blitzes the shit out of Eli right out of the box, even if we get torched a bit. Signal to McAdoo that if he leaves him in, he risks us knocking him out of the playoffs. Repeat until we do or McAdoo pulls him.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would only consider the absolute strongest candidates for DC here...Rex Ryan and Todd Bowles( if he is let go). Williams to me isn't in that conversation. If we couldn't get the strongest, then Id probably go with someone internal. But Barry needs to be replaced imo.
__________________
If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself. Ė Henry Ford
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 09:15 AM   #33
MVP
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 11,513
Re: Week 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Again there is good, great, and genius. Gibbs was a genius. Tomlin is great. Kubiak is good. If Tomlin was coaching the Broncos I bet they make the playoffs this year. He would have mustered two more wins out of Denver. Which makes him great.
Certainly what Gibbs 1 did will never be done again, winning a SB with three different QB's. And none will sniff the HOF. But he also had an outstanding support system, starting with Cooke, the largest coaching staff, a great DC, Bobby B and Casserly. Some of the drafts that BB had were the best of all time. I think Tomlin has that same kind of support, a real strong DC, (although Dick L is gone) great ownership, strong general manager. Pittsburgh really is one of the best organizations in football. They've had only a few head coaches. They could has fired Cowher through some lean years but stuck with him.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 10:36 AM   #34
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 9,783
Re: Week 17

He was a pretty good special teams coach, RIP.

Former Panthers special teams coach dies from cancer
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 12:18 PM   #35
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 54
Posts: 10,096
Re: Week 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I would only consider the absolute strongest candidates for DC here...Rex Ryan and Todd Bowles( if he is let go). Williams to me isn't in that conversation. If we couldn't get the strongest, then Id probably go with someone internal. But Barry needs to be replaced imo.
I seriously doubt either of the Ryan's come here. Further, putting aside my personal dislike of the Ryans, their best days are behind them (if Rob HAD any best days). They run a complex scheme that needs buy-in and time. In addition, their "us v. them" attitude is great for a bit but soon enough has the inmates running the asylum. No. Nada. Nyet. They are divisive personalities and I hope we have nothing to do with them. RGIII cured me of whatever need for drama I had.

Bowles, on the other hand, would be great. I hope he gets another shot with the Jets. He's a class guy and deserves a full opportunity. If he is fired, however, I would be on the phone to him in a heartbeat.
__________________
Strap it up, hold onto the ball, and letís go.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 07:02 PM   #36
The Starter
 
SirLK26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,156
Re: Week 17

Jaguars interview Tom Coughlin for potential position - NFL.com

The Jags have some pieces on defense and I still like Bortles, this would be a good move for both sides imo
__________________
"...There's no reason why this team can't win. There's no reason at all." - Scot, 1/9/15

Keep the name
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 08:46 PM   #37
Gamebreaker
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 28
Posts: 13,198
Re: Week 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
I seriously doubt either of the Ryan's come here. Further, putting aside my personal dislike of the Ryans, their best days are behind them (if Rob HAD any best days). They run a complex scheme that needs buy-in and time. In addition, their "us v. them" attitude is great for a bit but soon enough has the inmates running the asylum. No. Nada. Nyet. They are divisive personalities and I hope we have nothing to do with them. RGIII cured me of whatever need for drama I had.

Bowles, on the other hand, would be great. I hope he gets another shot with the Jets. He's a class guy and deserves a full opportunity. If he is fired, however, I would be on the phone to him in a heartbeat.
Why assume they would both go to the same place? I want no part of Rob Ryan, he is one of those guys who seemingly keeps getting rewarded for mediocrity. Even if you think Rex owes all his success to the talent he had, why assume we aren't capable of getting similar talent? We all know what the priority is this offseason, I don't think McC would waste another offseason settling for average personnel.
__________________
State of the Redskins 2017
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 10:54 PM   #38
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 30
Posts: 19,875
Re: Week 17

The NFL season goes by way too fast . Always does.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 04:41 AM   #39
Playmaker
 
Meks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Jersey
Age: 31
Posts: 2,657
Re: Week 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
The NFL season goes by way too fast . Always does.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
True story
__________________
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR

Still waiting for some COUSINS avys tho.....
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 02:11 PM   #40
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 54
Posts: 10,096
Re: Week 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Why assume they would both go to the same place? I want no part of Rob Ryan, he is one of those guys who seemingly keeps getting rewarded for mediocrity. Even if you think Rex owes all his success to the talent he had, why assume we aren't capable of getting similar talent? We all know what the priority is this offseason, I don't think McC would waste another offseason settling for average personnel.
I was not suggesting both would go to the same place but, rather, that neither of them, individually, would be headed here.

Again, putting aside my personal dislike for his "style," I am not a fan of the Ryan defense - not unless he significantly stripped it down. At this point, his is not a scheme that is easily implemented. Even if he could achieve the level of success he did with Baltimore or the Jets, it would be a couple years down the road.

While I know we aren't "a player or two away," I also don't think the D needs a total overhaul which is what hiring Rex would mean. Barry doesn't "coordinate," in that he just doesn't seem to put players in places they will succeed and doesn't play to their strengths. I think Ryan may have done that early in is career but now is devoted to his scheme. Ryan's D at this point needs buy-in from the players, dedication to a scheme, and trust in the coordinator. At this point in his career, Ryan has become a caricature of himself and I just don't see him engendering trust from the players.

Also, I just don't see Rex and Gruden working well together. I may be wrong but I get the feeling they would clash and we would have all sorts of drama over it. Rex is just one of those guys who can't help but bring the drama.

So, even with more talented players (BTW - Buffalo was not without talent), and barring my personal dislike for him as a coach, I just don't see him as a good fit for the Skins.
__________________
Strap it up, hold onto the ball, and letís go.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 02:56 PM   #41
Gamebreaker
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 28
Posts: 13,198
Re: Week 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
I was not suggesting both would go to the same place but, rather, that neither of them, individually, would be headed here.

Again, putting aside my personal dislike for his "style," I am not a fan of the Ryan defense - not unless he significantly stripped it down. At this point, his is not a scheme that is easily implemented. Even if he could achieve the level of success he did with Baltimore or the Jets, it would be a couple years down the road.

While I know we aren't "a player or two away," I also don't think the D needs a total overhaul which is what hiring Rex would mean. Barry doesn't "coordinate," in that he just doesn't seem to put players in places they will succeed and doesn't play to their strengths. I think Ryan may have done that early in is career but now is devoted to his scheme. Ryan's D at this point needs buy-in from the players, dedication to a scheme, and trust in the coordinator. At this point in his career, Ryan has become a caricature of himself and I just don't see him engendering trust from the players.

Also, I just don't see Rex and Gruden working well together. I may be wrong but I get the feeling they would clash and we would have all sorts of drama over it. Rex is just one of those guys who can't help but bring the drama.

So, even with more talented players (BTW - Buffalo was not without talent), and barring my personal dislike for him as a coach, I just don't see him as a good fit for the Skins.
I think it's fair to give partial blame to Rex for the Bills' failures, seeing as he had total control after all, but to assume he is incapable of running a successful defense because he hasn't in several years is foolhardy imo. Who's to say his ego is too big to realize he could stand to simplify it a bit after the Bills failure? He just got chin-checked before the season is over, I'm pretty sure right now he's taking a hard look at why it went wrong.

And I don't think you are giving him enough credit for his Jets defenses, while they weren't on the Ravens level they were good in their own right. He had that team in two AFCCG not because of how good Mark Sanchez was playing, those defenses were a big reason why. Yes I realize those two years were an eternity ago in NFL years, but a large part of his failures as a head coach were because he never built an offense worthy of recognition.

I think if you gave him some talent he would find a way to make the defense good again, and it probably wouldn't require two years. I don't think it would require a total change of personnel either, he could keep Norman, Breeland, Kerrigan, Smith/Murphy, Cravens, and Baker for starters and then add in a few players through the draft and free agency and go from there. There's no reason we shouldn't see better results next year.

I will finish by saying I agree that this is a moot argument because Gruden probably isn't interested in having him on staff.
__________________
State of the Redskins 2017
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 03:04 PM   #42
Captain Kirk
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 37
Posts: 10,001
Re: Week 17

See my post in the coordinators thread. The job will be Gus Bradley's.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 12:20 PM   #43
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 9,783
Re: Week 17

Wouldn't surprise me if this was true

Report: Denver Broncos coach Gary Kubiak 'likely' stepping down
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 01:49 PM   #44
MVP
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 45
Posts: 10,505
Re: Week 17

Romo is so much better than Dak. It is not even close.
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 01:54 PM   #45
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 40
Posts: 17,854
Re: Week 17

Chip Kelly “definitely” out in San Francisco | ProFootballTalk

Remember when fans and talking heads stated chip Kelly is a genius and will change the league? How's that working out?
__________________
If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself. Ė Henry Ford
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30706 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25