Warpath  

Home | Forums | Shop | Donate




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Skins win and they're in!

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2016, 10:45 AM   #61
Captain Kirk
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 38
Posts: 10,254
Re: Skins win and they're in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinslose View Post
Where was I during 4-12, would you like to place a GPS tracker on me or my computer..Over the last 10 years I have wondered why you kiss up so much to these morons on this website. When Rivals Cowboysboard was around you posted here more than your own teams board... I guess you like the numbers over here. One cannot get any sensible conversation without someone swearing, sexually explict, or name calling like its after school on the playground. Cowboysboard has long ended but, many of us still communicate with one another. You should know better than anyone else these mods ban people for little reasoning..If I posted a smidget of what was said in this thread alone to another member I would be oust. The intelligent conversation diminishes each year here, I won't post much.
I can't even understand what you're trying to say, that's how poor your English is. You don't fit this site.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-29-2016, 10:50 AM   #62
Captain Kirk
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 38
Posts: 10,254
Re: Skins win and they're in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Okay, I gotta grasp your argument here. Is your argument that if you play a Sunday NIGHT game, you should not be scheduled a Thursday game? Because, in truth there is only a few hours difference between that and any other team in the league playing on Sunday and the following Thursday.

Looked up an interesting stat on this. And since the NFL started regularly playing Thursday games, road teams do suffer in the short week. Road teams are 20-35 since 2006 when TNF started. There is some merit there.

But in that same time period since 2006, the home teams on Thanksgiving Day (Detroit and Dallas) are a combined 5-7.

All I know is I can't think of anyone blaming a short week on Thanksgiving day games. Every team in the NFL plays Thursday games. Even the Cowboys played TNF on the road in a short week. But they won. You play the schedule that is given to you in April. You've no control over that.

I concur that Thursday football is a sub-par product. The road team is definitely at a disadvantage. But in the many many years that the Cowboys and Redskins played on Thanksgiving on a short week, not once did I observe a complaint of a short week with travel when Washington has beaten Dallas on Thanksgiving. To the contrary, we APPLAUD coaches like Gibbs and Shannahan for the way they PREPARED their team for a short week with travel to come away with a victory.
re: the bolded statement, that's an indictment of Dallas's overall mediocrity over that period, and Detroit being an even worse team during that time. It has much more to do with the quality of the home team than it does the fact that they have homefield.

This year is obviously much different. Dallas is a very good team, it doesn't much look like the mediocre squad it's been during the period you mention.

Your point is irrelevant. The point that matters is your first one, road teams on a short week are 20-35.

They should just do away with Thursday Night Football. Gotta keep the Thanksgiving day games with Dallas and Detroit - I'm big on tradition. But they should face teams that had a 1pm home game the week before.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 11:26 AM   #63
The Starter
 
sandtrapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,664
Re: Skins win and they're in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
re: the bolded statement, that's an indictment of Dallas's overall mediocrity over that period,
But in that same time span Washington is 5-9 against Dallas in regular season games. Looks like 'mediocrity' goes both ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
They should just do away with Thursday Night Football. Gotta keep the Thanksgiving day games with Dallas and Detroit - I'm big on tradition. But they should face teams that had a 1pm home game the week before.
I will drink to that on point 1. I have always thought the quality of the product the NFL puts on the field on Thursday Nights is deplorable and should be scraped entirely. Keep Thanksgiving day games.

I'll agree to disagree on point 2. Sunday game is a Sunday game and day or night does not matter. Look at it this way, the NFL has never taken into account West Coast teams traveling to the East Coast for a 1 PM start time. There is a clear advantage to the home team there as well. And that too is a matter of record.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 12:15 PM   #64
Captain Kirk
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 38
Posts: 10,254
Re: Skins win and they're in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
But in that same time span Washington is 5-9 against Dallas in regular season games. Looks like 'mediocrity' goes both ways.
Without a doubt, Washington was probably worse than Dallas during that period, overall. But they also didn't face off every year on Thanksgiving. My point was not to denigrate your team, it was to point out that your logic regarding Thanksgiving games was goofy. Just because Dallas and Detroit combined to go 5-7 during that stretch on Thanksgiving, that does not mean road teams are not at a severe disadvantage on a short week. They are at a big disadvantage, hence 20-35. The reason Dallas and Detroit combined to go 5-7 during that stretch is simply because they weren't very good.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
I'll agree to disagree on point 2. Sunday game is a Sunday game and day or night does not matter. Look at it this way, the NFL has never taken into account West Coast teams traveling to the East Coast for a 1 PM start time. There is a clear advantage to the home team there as well. And that too is a matter of record.
You're probably right about that. I've seen no data indicating that teams who play at 8pm on Sunday night and then play a road game on Thursday are even worse than 20-35. So I can't say the fact that it's a night game makes a difference.

Still, it'd be a very easy thing for the NFL to fix. So easy that it makes arguing about it kind of silly. You could just swap the primetime game for another compelling matchup. Takes two seconds and there'd be no ratings or revenue impact on the league.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 01:11 PM   #65
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 40
Posts: 18,862
Re: Skins win and they're in!

Fuck the Dallas Cowboys....Owner walks around saying the dumbest shit, fans fairweather, bandwagon jumpers... see it all the time
__________________
I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. Stephen Covey
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 01:19 PM   #66
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 44
Posts: 89,208
Re: Skins win and they're in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Fuck the Dallas Cowboys....Owner walks around saying the dumbest shit, fans fairweather, bandwagon jumpers... see it all the time

It's hilarious to see the trolls coming out of the woodwork.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 03:10 PM   #67
Gamebreaker
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 29
Posts: 13,583
Re: Skins win and they're in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
It's hilarious to see the trolls coming out of the woodwork.
I'm really surprised this is the first one we've had this year. After the season they had I thought their fans would up the cockiness.
__________________
State of the Redskins 2017
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 07:53 PM   #68
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Age: 30
Posts: 20,230
Re: Skins win and they're in!

guys y waist time arguing with dallass fans??? U know u never win
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 08:23 PM   #69
Playmaker
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 4,163
Re: Skins win and they're in!

^ Just touch them with the lit end of a cigarette and they'll fall right off.
__________________
You Like That!
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 12:14 PM   #70
Special Teams
 
OnceWeWereKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Allentown, PA
Age: 36
Posts: 423
Re: Skins win and they're in!

Our Thasks giving game with Dallas wasn't an 8 pm game. It was the 4:30 game.
__________________
To beer, or not to beer? That is the ques.....oh, look...a beer.
OnceWeWereKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 10:22 PM   #71
Playmaker
 
Meks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Jersey
Age: 32
Posts: 2,729
Re: Skins win and they're in!

Well, this is a 5:30 AM game for me here in malaysia.... i will be getting up to watch it.... i really hope it's worth it.
__________________
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR

Still waiting for some COUSINS avys tho.....
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 11:11 PM   #72
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 40
Posts: 18,862
Re: Skins win and they're in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
Well, this is a 5:30 AM game for me here in malaysia.... i will be getting up to watch it.... i really hope it's worth it.
Celebrating a playoff birth in Malaysia? I think so
__________________
I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. Stephen Covey
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 11:18 PM   #73
Playmaker
 
Meks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Jersey
Age: 32
Posts: 2,729
Re: Skins win and they're in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Celebrating a playoff birth in Malaysia? I think so
Hahaha will be a very eventful monday in the case thats for sure.
__________________
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR

Still waiting for some COUSINS avys tho.....
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 02:04 AM   #74
MVP
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 46
Posts: 10,791
Skins win and they're in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Okay, I gotta grasp your argument here. Is your argument that if you play a Sunday NIGHT game, you should not be scheduled a Thursday game? Because, in truth there is only a few hours difference between that and any other team in the league playing on Sunday and the following Thursday.



Looked up an interesting stat on this. And since the NFL started regularly playing Thursday games, road teams do suffer in the short week. Road teams are 20-35 since 2006 when TNF started. There is some merit there.



But in that same time period since 2006, the home teams on Thanksgiving Day (Detroit and Dallas) are a combined 5-7.



All I know is I can't think of anyone blaming a short week on Thanksgiving day games. Every team in the NFL plays Thursday games. Even the Cowboys played TNF on the road in a short week. But they won. You play the schedule that is given to you in April. You've no control over that.



I concur that Thursday football is a sub-par product. The road team is definitely at a disadvantage. But in the many many years that the Cowboys and Redskins played on Thanksgiving on a short week, not once did I observe a complaint of a short week with travel when Washington has beaten Dallas on Thanksgiving. To the contrary, we APPLAUD coaches like Gibbs and Shannahan for the way they PREPARED their team for a short week with travel to come away with a victory.


My point was mainly that we were the road team on a short week. The night game definitely throws a wrench in night one of your four night stretch between games. It starts at 8:30. Probably pretty late by the time they get home. It certainly does not help you get ready for a short week.
Please do not ever mention Shanny and Gibbs in the same breath. Lol.
A win never really garners any need for complaining, but I certainly would have said something to the effect of "we beat the Cowboys, and we did it on a short week on the road"! Either way - win or lose - the short week plays into it imo. Either amazed they overcame it, or pissed off that they had to try and overcome it in the first place so.....

And if you are referring to the Vikings game it was not a short week for Dallas. They played Thursday the previous week too.
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 02:08 PM   #75
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 55
Posts: 3,964
Re: Skins win and they're in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
That lean is strong in Houston isn't it bro lol
Man I just have haunted memories of seasons past,I think it was in 79 that if we beat the cowboys we were in,and if we lost we were still in unless {I think it was Chicago} didnt win by 30 points or more.Seemed like a virtual lock.Well we lost 35-34 to the boys and Chicago won 45-3 booting us from making the playoffs.That game still haunts me
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.07147 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25