Warpath  

Home | Forums | Shop | Donate




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Off season begins.

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2017, 09:16 PM   #16
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 30
Posts: 19,876
Re: Off season begins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
Calais Campbell is a FA this year.
Hes 30 years old but I would plug him in over any of our current guys.
For a 3 years deal I'd take him
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-01-2017, 09:17 PM   #17
Special Teams
 
rocnrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 350
Re: Off season begins.

The strength of this team is the offense yet We could not score 14 points in a playoff game?? how many would have bet huge money on the skins if told Giants would only score 13 points. The offense was the failure ..we knew the D was flawed..trouble is this offense is going to lose DJAX ..so are we to pay cousins 25 million to have this type of results? Look if we got beat today 31-30 i would say we put up enough to win..but 10 points?? I gotta believe there are a lot of average QB's That could do what cousins did today..YES he has played lights out at times but his red zone skills are not very good and he can't seem to break out of the BIG GAME screw ups..just not overly confidence that we need to hook the team up with him long term..maybe franchise one more year? Anybody think That any of the coaches are to blame? How the heck can this team continue to come out flat in big games. at this point i really don't see a huge light at the end of tunnel..I see a average head coach with a bad defense a huge decision to be made at QB and play calling/scheme very suspect..yes we are better than we were a few years ago BUT at some point we gotta take the next big step I just hope it is forward.
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 09:19 PM   #18
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 40
Posts: 17,854
Re: Off season begins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
DT
Lb
SS

Are all big needs but we have money to spend so that helps
Cravens is starting strong safety next year...his natural position. I'd like us to draft a mid round pick at free safety.

If you spend money, you probably invest it on the dline. And I would also sign a left guard...several real nice options in free agency.
__________________
If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself. Henry Ford
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 09:20 PM   #19
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 30
Posts: 19,876
Re: Off season begins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
The strength of this team is the offense yet We could not score 14 points in a playoff game?? how many would have bet huge money on the skins if told Giants would only score 13 points. The offense was the failure ..we knew the D was flawed..trouble is this offense is going to lose DJAX ..so are we to pay cousins 25 million to have this type of results? Look if we got beat today 31-30 i would say we put up enough to win..but 10 points?? I gotta believe there are a lot of average QB's That could do what cousins did today..YES he has played lights out at times but his red zone skills are not very good and he can't seem to break out of the BIG GAME screw ups..just not overly confidence that we need to hook the team up with him long term..maybe franchise one more year? Anybody think That any of the coaches are to blame? How the heck can this team continue to come out flat in big games. at this point i really don't see a huge light at the end of tunnel..I see a average head coach with a bad defense a huge decision to be made at QB and play calling/scheme very suspect..yes we are better than we were a few years ago BUT at some point we gotta take the next big step I just hope it is forward.
Kirk has proven he's a good QB, 2 years means no flukes. Today he was not very good, the last INT looked horrible on him. Let's hope he continues to learn and get better.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 09:21 PM   #20
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 40
Posts: 17,854
Re: Off season begins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrefutable View Post
I agree, what would the price be for him and Baker ? $15 million ?
Estimated per year for short is 18 million alone.
__________________
If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself. Henry Ford
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 09:22 PM   #21
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 30
Posts: 19,876
Re: Off season begins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Estimated per year for short is 18 million alone.
Scot isn't gonna break the bank. He's smart. We'll upgrade the D but not with a ton of big deals.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 09:23 PM   #22
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 40
Posts: 17,854
Re: Off season begins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
Calais Campbell is a FA this year.
Hes 30 years old but I would plug him in over any of our current guys.
Dude I'm with you. He can do a lot along the line...slide inside or stand him up.
__________________
If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself. Henry Ford
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 09:27 PM   #23
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 30
Posts: 19,876
Re: Off season begins.

Jay wants Kirk back next year

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 09:37 PM   #24
Impact Rookie
 
Irrefutable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 984
Re: Off season begins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Scot isn't gonna break the bank. He's smart. We'll upgrade the D but not with a ton of big deals.
I agree, however there is no chance Short gets $18 million. He made $2.5 last year.

Campbell made $15 million last year. I am not paying $10+ million for a 30 year old D-lineman

Calais Campbell Contract Details, Salary Cap Charges, Bonus Money | Over The Cap

Here is a good list of 2017 free agents, it includes expiring contract and stats

NFL Free Agents and Free Agency
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 09:43 PM   #25
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 40
Posts: 17,854
Re: Off season begins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrefutable View Post
I agree, however there is no chance Short gets $18 million. He made $2.5 last year.

Campbell made $15 million last year. I am not paying $10+ million for a 30 year old D-lineman

Calais Campbell Contract Details, Salary Cap Charges, Bonus Money | Over The Cap
Kawann Short Contract Details, Salary Cap Breakdowns, Salaries, Bonuses | Spotrac

This is where I got the reference for short. I'd be shocked if Campbell left the cardinals...don't see it happening, but he is a baller.
__________________
If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself. Henry Ford
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 09:57 PM   #26
Impact Rookie
 
Irrefutable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 984
Re: Off season begins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Kawann Short Contract Details, Salary Cap Breakdowns, Salaries, Bonuses | Spotrac

This is where I got the reference for short. I'd be shocked if Campbell left the cardinals...don't see it happening, but he is a baller.
I think the 18 million estimate is high and misleading

If you look at Suh's contract it is back-loaded, so if you say X $ when only about half is guaranteed .They announced the contract as 6 years and $114 million dollars. (average $19 million a year) Suh's cap number for the first 3 years averages about $10 million .
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 09:58 PM   #27
MVP
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 45
Posts: 10,505
Re: Off season begins.

I lost so much faith in KC and Gruden today.
The int - all things considered- was just one of the worst decisions I have ever seen a qb make.
At the end of the first half (CT i think it was) there was a nice gainer of about 15-20 yards? Moved us up around our own 40-45 if I remember correctly. He lets 20 seconds run off the clock with three timeouts- than we have another nice gainer and have to settle for a 57 yarder? We could have moved atleast ten yards closer. Those three points matter ? A little bit.
It was truly amazing to me that he did not use a timeout.
There is alot wrong with this team but I thought the whole Gruden KC thing was our foundation for great things to come.
I am no longer 100% sold on either one. Sucks.
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 10:10 PM   #28
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 40
Posts: 17,854
Re: Off season begins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrefutable View Post
I think the 18 million estimate is high and misleading

If you look at Suh's contract it is back-loaded, so if you say X $ when only about half is guaranteed .They announced the contract as 6 years and $114 million dollars. (average $19 million a year) Suh's cap number for the first 3 years averages about $10 million .
Short will sign an elite money deal for being one of the best in the league a d-tackle. The only way he takes less would be a "hometown" discount to stay in Carolina. Regardless of how it structured expect top 5 d tackle money.
__________________
If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself. Henry Ford
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 10:12 PM   #29
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 30
Posts: 19,876
Re: Off season begins.

Blakmon " we need some experience and leadership next year." This is a great point, we are still a pretty young team folks. We don't have guys that have true playoff experience other than garcon right? Norman last year but that's about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 10:19 PM   #30
Playmaker
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Age: 33
Posts: 3,295
Re: Off season begins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Blakmon " we need some experience and leadership next year." This is a great point, we are still a pretty young team folks. We don't have guys that have true playoff experience other than garcon right? Norman last year but that's about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Any more old leadership is going to come at the expense of your roster spot Blackmon. Leadership is nice, but you need actual bodies that can perform at a high level.
__________________
What the... That's it! Einhorn is Finkle! Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is a man!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28380 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25