Warpath  

Home | Forums | Shop | Donate




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


In Scot we trust?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2017, 02:45 PM   #196
Special Teams
 
OmahaRedskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 479
Re: In Scot we trust?

Matt Jones will be back in camp. They will give him one more chance. There have been other running backs that have solved their fumbling issues.
OmahaRedskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-16-2017, 02:53 PM   #197
Gamebreaker
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 28
Posts: 13,267
Re: In Scot we trust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaRedskins View Post
Matt Jones will be back in camp. They will give him one more chance. There have been other running backs that have solved their fumbling issues.
What about ones who have solved their motivation issues?
__________________
State of the Redskins 2017
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 02:56 PM   #198
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 44
Posts: 88,857
Re: In Scot we trust?

Kelley is clearly the better back anyway. Jones' heart just isn't in it.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 03:19 PM   #199
Playmaker
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New York, New York
Posts: 2,732
Re: In Scot we trust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Are we watching the same Matt Jones? Until Matt Jones learns to run like he wants it, I don't want him on the field. The coaches might give him another chance but if his confidence is shot he will most likely end up elsewhere.
What are you talking about? I was referring to Jones production...At the time of his disastrous outing in Detroit, he was on pace to gain 1,000-1,200 yards....His stats was a great indicator that he was getting the job done pounding the rock.....His fumbling greatly undermined his overall production.... That's all I'm saying.
__________________
Touchdown Washington Redskins!!!
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 03:56 PM   #200
Registered User
 
warriorzpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,880
Re: In Scot we trust?

Matt Jones has all the physical tools, but lacks what is important - vision and instincts. I don't know if this can be taught or learned from scratch. And how long it would even take.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 04:01 PM   #201
Registered User
 
warriorzpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,880
Re: In Scot we trust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Kelley is clearly the better back anyway. Jones' heart just isn't in it.


Hate to say it but MTK is right. If he loved football, he would probably be much further than he is now. A lot of playing instincts are figured out by playing or practicing long after the sun goes down. And you need to have a passion for football to do this.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 06:48 PM   #202
Playmaker
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New York, New York
Posts: 2,732
Re: In Scot we trust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorzpath View Post
Hate to say it but MTK is right. If he loved football, he would probably be much further than he is now. A lot of playing instincts are figured out by playing or practicing long after the sun goes down. And you need to have a passion for football to do this.

I concur!
__________________
Touchdown Washington Redskins!!!
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 07:24 PM   #203
Playmaker
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Age: 33
Posts: 3,325
Re: In Scot we trust?

Matt Jones or Kelley won't be on the team next year. The Skins are going to take a back in the draft and you have to keep Thompson. Therefore there is only room for 1 of them.
__________________
What the... That's it! Einhorn is Finkle! Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is a man!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 07:53 PM   #204
Playmaker
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New York, New York
Posts: 2,732
Re: In Scot we trust?

Redskins Sign CB Tharold Simon To Futures Deal - NFLTradeRumors.co
__________________
Touchdown Washington Redskins!!!
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 07:56 PM   #205
Playmaker
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New York, New York
Posts: 2,732
Re: In Scot we trust?

Tharold Simon was a 5th round pick of the Seahawks when Mccloughan was with that organization......I saw his highlight reel....A mixture of good and bad plays.....
__________________
Touchdown Washington Redskins!!!
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 09:25 PM   #206
Special Teams
 
FlyerSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Greater Detroit area
Age: 47
Posts: 375
Re: In Scot we trust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
Tharold Simon was a 5th round pick of the Seahawks when Mccloughan was with that organization......I saw his highlight reel....A mixture of good and bad plays.....
Why are we wasting time signing these guys? Draft some studs and get medium to low tier FAs that at least could add depth or be instant starters. Is Scott going to come out with his "football guys" garbage again? Last year's draft was mediocre in hindsight. Half of his "football guys" didn't even make the cut, either due to injury or just couldn't cut the mustard. The guys that did make the cut are oft injured. I can appreciate he is trying to find a golden nugget on the cheap, but I have a better chance of nailing a Playboy Playmate than that occurring.
FlyerSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 09:45 PM   #207
Impact Rookie
 
ethat001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 891
Re: In Scot we trust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerSkin View Post
Why are we wasting time signing these guys? Draft some studs and get medium to low tier FAs that at least could add depth or be instant starters. Is Scott going to come out with his "football guys" garbage again? Last year's draft was mediocre in hindsight. Half of his "football guys" didn't even make the cut, either due to injury or just couldn't cut the mustard. The guys that did make the cut are oft injured. I can appreciate he is trying to find a golden nugget on the cheap, but I have a better chance of nailing a Playboy Playmate than that occurring.
Maybe because we have to carry 90 players into camp? Maybe some of these can be special teamers? Maybe bringing in motivated players help spur competition? Don't see a downside to starting on this now.
ethat001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 10:37 PM   #208
Special Teams
 
JPPT1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 306
Re: In Scot we trust?

Yeah as really that it is about competition. And those that have their job on their line. Make them work very hard.
__________________
Happy Memorial Day!
JPPT1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 10:50 PM   #209
Gamebreaker
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 28
Posts: 13,267
Re: In Scot we trust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
What are you talking about? I was referring to Jones production...At the time of his disastrous outing in Detroit, he was on pace to gain 1,000-1,200 yards....His stats was a great indicator that he was getting the job done pounding the rock.....His fumbling greatly undermined his overall production.... That's all I'm saying.
What I am saying is fumbling wasn't his only issue, he didn't run like he wanted to be dominant. He said it best, in college he got by on athletic talent, because he was just better than everyone else on the field. Once he got to the pros and realized he can't get by on talent alone, he said he was running with a purpose. He said this right around the time we reached .500, largely due in part to a increased commitment to the run game and the resulting increase in production by him.

Sometime after that, his production dropped off and his fumbling resumed and he was eventually benched. I think it's because the coaches realize he lacks motivation. Watch the way Rob Kelley runs. He runs like he has everything to prove, he runs like he wants 11 guys on defense to remember his name. Matt Jones doesn't have that.
__________________
State of the Redskins 2017
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 12:02 AM   #210
MVP
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 11,559
Re: In Scot we trust?

I think Matt Jones plays football cause he's good at it, not cause he loves it. The coaches were stupid to think he could carry the load.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.10230 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25