Warpath  

Home | Forums | Shop | Donate




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins promote Greg Manusky to defensive coordinator

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2017, 06:51 PM   #46
The Starter
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 2,349
Re: Redskins promote Greg Manusky to defensive coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
You are the ultimate troll.
All due respect, but piss off. How am I a troll by pointing out the obvious? We have never had a HC longer than 4 seasons since Snyder has owned the team. Next year is year 4. Are you aware of that? I'm just saying Gruden is going to have to have another winning season IMO to have a chance at either returning for year 5, or getting his extension. But you might be a smart person, would you extend your HC next season if he goes 6-10 or worse?
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-22-2017, 07:08 PM   #47
Playmaker
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Age: 34
Posts: 3,409
Re: Redskins promote Greg Manusky to defensive coordinator

If we don't win at least 9 next year I'd be shocked. I think we're actually going to be a threat next year. SM has set us up perfectly for this off season. We have money and extra picks. 2017 is gonna be a good year for us. HTTR.
__________________
What the... That's it! Einhorn is Finkle! Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is a man!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 07:22 PM   #48
Captain Kirk
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 37
Posts: 10,155
Re: Redskins promote Greg Manusky to defensive coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
If we don't win at least 9 next year I'd be shocked. I think we're actually going to be a threat next year. SM has set us up perfectly for this off season. We have money and extra picks. 2017 is gonna be a good year for us. HTTR.
Yeah I would agree I am also optimistic. However, given the cap space and given how good the offense has been, I'd say the team MUST take a step forward or I would support ownership in making changes.

The team has done a great job building a base of talent without committing a ton of funds. And Gruden has orchestrated a very, very good offense. But now that we're in this tremendous position, it's time to move forward full steam ahead. I need to see 10-6 or else.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 07:27 PM   #49
Playmaker
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Age: 34
Posts: 3,409
Re: Redskins promote Greg Manusky to defensive coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Yeah I would agree I am also optimistic. However, given the cap space and given how good the offense has been, I'd say the team MUST take a step forward or I would support ownership in making changes.

The team has done a great job building a base of talent without committing a ton of funds. And Gruden has orchestrated a very, very good offense. But now that we're in this tremendous position, it's time to move forward full steam ahead. I need to see 10-6 or else.
If we win any less than 9 Snyder can do whatever he wants. I've always been on his side. He's made tons of choices I didn't agree with, but I believe he loves this team. I'd take him every day of the week and twice on Sunday's over most owners.
__________________
What the... That's it! Einhorn is Finkle! Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is a man!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 07:35 PM   #50
Playmaker
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Age: 34
Posts: 3,409
Re: Redskins promote Greg Manusky to defensive coordinator

Schneed, I think you'd agree. Given our talent level overall, finishing above .500 2 years is a row is pretty good. Especially in overall context, instead of thinking of individual games that we didn't win that we could of. We had a lot of holes and still won more than we lost while also setting us up to make big strides this off seaaon. I just want some continuity at HC. Unless we just completely shit the bed, and the defense still sucks under Manusky, I don't want a new HC again. I think Jay and Scott can do good things together.
__________________
What the... That's it! Einhorn is Finkle! Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is a man!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 07:36 PM   #51
Playmaker
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New York, New York
Posts: 2,732
Re: Redskins promote Greg Manusky to defensive coordinator

Manasky will be just as good as the talent he's coaching....the one advantage he has over Joe Barry is Manasky will be working with better talent than Barry did...... I'm hoping we sign some great defensive players in free agency and draft some talented players for the defense....
__________________
Touchdown Washington Redskins!!!
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 07:44 PM   #52
Impact Rookie
 
J. Falcon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 792
Re: Redskins promote Greg Manusky to defensive coordinator

"I hope Manusky proves me wrong"

Isn't that the crap we were saying about Barry when he was hired? And even about Haslett? We know these guys suck, there will be no surprises. Hate this hire,seriously.
J. Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 07:45 PM   #53
Playmaker
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Age: 34
Posts: 3,409
Re: Redskins promote Greg Manusky to defensive coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
Manasky will be just as good as the talent he's coaching....the one advantage he has over Joe Barry is Manasky will be working with better talent than Barry did...... I'm hoping we sign some great defensive players in free agency and draft some talented players for the defense....
There are better coaches than other nfl coaches, just like there are better cornerbacks. So this isn't black and white, it obviously takes talent but there are coaches than can do more with the exact same playerst as other coaches. If this wasn't true it would mean anyone in the world could coach a team as good as Gibbs.
__________________
What the... That's it! Einhorn is Finkle! Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is a man!

Last edited by sdskinsfan2001; 01-22-2017 at 08:00 PM.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 07:45 PM   #54
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 9,832
Re: Redskins promote Greg Manusky to defensive coordinator

#Redskins have hired Jim Tomsula as Dline coach. He worked with Manusky and McCloughan in San Fran as their Dline coach from '07-14
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 07:48 PM   #55
Playmaker
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Age: 34
Posts: 3,409
Re: Redskins promote Greg Manusky to defensive coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Falcon View Post
"I hope Manusky proves me wrong"

Isn't that the crap we were saying about Barry when he was hired? And even about Haslett? We know these guys suck, there will be no surprises. Hate this hire,seriously.
We didn't hire him, so what else can we say? We can only hope for the best.

I want to know why Pettine wasn't our choice. That's what I'm most curious to know about.
__________________
What the... That's it! Einhorn is Finkle! Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is a man!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 07:52 PM   #56
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 9,832
Re: Redskins promote Greg Manusky to defensive coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
We didn't hire him, so what else can we say? We can only hope for the best.

I want to know why Pettine wasn't our choice. That's what I'm most curious to know about.
Maybe cause Scott has worked with these guys in the past (Manusky and Tomsula) and knows that they can coach.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 07:52 PM   #57
Playmaker
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Age: 34
Posts: 3,409
Re: Redskins promote Greg Manusky to defensive coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
#Redskins have hired Jim Tomsula as Dline coach. He worked with Manusky and McCloughan in San Fran as their Dline coach from '07-14
I like this a lot. He got thrown under the bus by the Niners. HTTR.
__________________
What the... That's it! Einhorn is Finkle! Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is a man!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 07:53 PM   #58
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 40
Posts: 18,270
Re: Redskins promote Greg Manusky to defensive coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
#Redskins have hired Jim Tomsula as Dline coach. He worked with Manusky and McCloughan in San Fran as their Dline coach from '07-14
This is a positive...they have worked as a team before, good hire. SFREDSKIN this is right in you wheel house. That SF defense was kinda nasty under harbaugh.
__________________
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Winston Churchill
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 07:54 PM   #59
Captain Kirk
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 37
Posts: 10,155
Re: Redskins promote Greg Manusky to defensive coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Schneed, I think you'd agree. Given our talent level overall, finishing above .500 2 years is a row is pretty good. Especially in overall context, instead of thinking of individual games that we didn't win that we could of. We had a lot of holes and still won more than we lost while also setting us up to make big strides this off seaaon. I just want some continuity at HC. Unless we just completely shit the bed, and the defense still sucks under Manusky, I don't want a new HC again. I think Jay and Scott can do good things together.
It's good enough to not get fired. But like I said, given the resources at our disposal this year, they should be able to take a step forward, otherwise we'd have to conclude that Gruden is only capable of getting us on the doorstep of the playoffs, sometimes in, but no further.

He can't bump his head on the ceiling, he needs to break through.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 07:57 PM   #60
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 9,832
Re: Redskins promote Greg Manusky to defensive coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
This is a positive...they have worked as a team before, good hire. SFREDSKIN this is right in you wheel house. That SF defense was kinda nasty under harbaugh.
I'm telling you right now, a good draft DL, S, ILB, pass rusher and we will be kicking ass defensively next year. All this talk about Manusky being a retread will be a moot point. I've seen it, unfortunately Alex Smith was the QB back then.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.05341 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25