Warpath  

Home | Forums | Shop | Donate




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins fire GM Scot McCloughan

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2017, 04:37 PM   #211
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,215
Re: Redskins fire GM Scot McCloughan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTTR View Post
Good cautions, all around. Something is surely wrong in Ashburnistan, but for the moment, the only thing we can say for sure is that we are still living in the Snyder era. The old MO was meddling. The new MO is having a bickering FO that can't function without help from the Emperor. Same old same old. What we probably won't see is one exec with clear and total football authority.

The who-is-poisoning Kirk intrigue vis-a-vis the FO requires a little more time and sleuthing to understand. Let's gather the suspects in the dining room:

DS -- who personally washed and pressed RG3's jock strap for 2 or 3 years

BA -- who speaks in riddles and whose continued presence is intolerable to the QB

SMc -- who didn't draft KC and seemed to be the person Kirk most wanted to impress (and who is now lying on the floor with a knife in his back; but his own hand seems to be clutching it)

JG -- who devised a brilliant passing scheme for the underdog QB . . . but stood by while 2 of his top 3 receiving weapons were allowed to go.

Okay Sherlocks . . . Who is the villain? Could Kirk be poisoning himself? Could it be like Murder on the Orient Express, where everyone is guilty?

Stay tuned for next week's episode!
Clever.
One thing is clear the environment at Redskins Park right now is not very good.
How can playing a fun game professionally for a lot of money go so wrong?
Everyone is making a shit ton of money from the owner, GM, Coach all the way down to the kicker. So, how can the Redskins ownership, FO, Coaching staff create a work environment that has become so toxic?
For example:
My understanding is when the Redskins were recently trying to sign Wade Phillips as new Defensive Coordinator he declined. We all heard this:

"According to sources, Phillips was “very concerned about the Redskins overall lack of talent” on the defensive side of the ball. The Redskins, per the source, strongly believe they are only “two or three starters” from fielding a very competitive defense if all their players can remain healthy and get on the field."

An additional source familiar with the situation between the Redskins and Phillips states that Phillips had asked the Redskins front office for assurances that the defense will be a top priority in free agency and the draft. In turn, the Redskins shared more information about future plans than normal because “they wanted to complete the deal before another team acted."
That optimism wasn’t enough to sway Phillips who will now run a defense loaded with talent in Los Angeles and headed by new head coach Sean McVay.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-11-2017, 08:35 PM   #212
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 44
Posts: 88,850
Re: Redskins fire GM Scot McCloughan

@DeAngeloHall23

I've purposely stayed off social media the past few days. But I can't be silent any longer. I 100% support @Redskins and Bruce Allen



I wish Scot the best and nothing but success in the future. I enjoyed my time with him. He's a true football guy. Just trust the process!!!!
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 09:04 PM   #213
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 9,817
Re: Redskins fire GM Scot McCloughan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
@DeAngeloHall23

I've purposely stayed off social media the past few days. But I can't be silent any longer. I 100% support @Redskins and Bruce Allen



I wish Scot the best and nothing but success in the future. I enjoyed my time with him. He's a true football guy. Just trust the process!!!!
Sounds like brown nosing to stay in the roster by saying I support BA 100%.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 10:31 PM   #214
Gamebreaker
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 28
Posts: 13,257
Re: Redskins fire GM Scot McCloughan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Clever.
One thing is clear the environment at Redskins Park right now is not very good.
How can playing a fun game professionally for a lot of money go so wrong?
Everyone is making a shit ton of money from the owner, GM, Coach all the way down to the kicker. So, how can the Redskins ownership, FO, Coaching staff create a work environment that has become so toxic?
For example:
My understanding is when the Redskins were recently trying to sign Wade Phillips as new Defensive Coordinator he declined. We all heard this:

"According to sources, Phillips was “very concerned about the Redskins overall lack of talent” on the defensive side of the ball. The Redskins, per the source, strongly believe they are only “two or three starters” from fielding a very competitive defense if all their players can remain healthy and get on the field."

An additional source familiar with the situation between the Redskins and Phillips states that Phillips had asked the Redskins front office for assurances that the defense will be a top priority in free agency and the draft. In turn, the Redskins shared more information about future plans than normal because “they wanted to complete the deal before another team acted."
That optimism wasn’t enough to sway Phillips who will now run a defense loaded with talent in Los Angeles and headed by new head coach Sean McVay.
Thanks for reminding me of this. Jay Gruden is our only savior remaining in the FO, and I'm still not sold on him because he went with Greg Manusky as d-coordinator. If that move fails to pan out we are literally boned.
__________________
State of the Redskins 2017
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 10:32 PM   #215
Gamebreaker
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 28
Posts: 13,257
Re: Redskins fire GM Scot McCloughan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Sounds like brown nosing to stay in the roster by saying I support BA 100%.
Yup. I don't mind D.Hall and I appreciate the time he's put in with us but he needs to go. It's time to stop relying on a guy who can't stay healthy and hasn't proven himself at a new position that is a massive weakness for us.
__________________
State of the Redskins 2017
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 11:34 PM   #216
The Starter
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 2,335
Re: Redskins fire GM Scot McCloughan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Sounds like brown nosing to stay in the roster by saying I support BA 100%.
I agree Hall sounds desperate to do anything for a job, because if we are being honest, he is a backup at best, in this stage of his career..
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 08:56 AM   #217
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 44
Posts: 88,850
Redskins fire GM Scot McCloughan

I respect Hall for putting his name out there vs all the anonymous BS we usually hear about.

I don't think he saves his job by siding with the team on this.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 11:31 AM   #218
MVP
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 11,558
Re: Redskins fire GM Scot McCloughan

The Redskins are also included in those anonymous sources. They didn't comment on the firing but had an unnamed team official ( Bruce Allen) saying that Scot was drinking.
skinsfan69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 12:19 PM   #219
Camp Scrub
 
hilker09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5
Re: Redskins fire GM Scot McCloughan

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
The Redskins are also included in those anonymous sources. They didn't comment on the firing but had an unnamed team official ( Bruce Allen) saying that Scot was drinking.
We don't know who that unnamed official was. People who want to blame BA will say so. I'm looking at the glass half full, and say that I think Allen was trying to take the high road, but was undercut by a rogue associate in the organization.

Sent from my Sprint LG G5 using Tapatalk.
hilker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 11:23 AM   #220
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 40
Posts: 18,104
Re: Redskins fire GM Scot McCloughan

Washington may indeed not hire a G.M. | ProFootballTalk

So we gud with no GM? Find it strange...
__________________
Chris Cornell
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 12:29 PM   #221
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,602
Re: Redskins fire GM Scot McCloughan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Washington may indeed not hire a G.M. | ProFootballTalk

So we gud with no GM? Find it strange...
This is odd, when we consider traditions.. Although I won't be upset with this new strategy, we have capable people in front office (beside botching the plans with Cousins). I remember not too long ago, some teams were interested in stealing Scott Campbell away from us but we blocked the requests or something. I would imagine some of GM duties will fall on Scott, and other duties will go to Doug Williams and BA. We had a good draft (based on paper) without GM, so I am willing to give front office a chance with this new strategy. Still, I'm in wait and see mode due to the Cousins situation..

When we remove the media hype about Cousins, we actually had good off season.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 01:09 PM   #222
Playmaker
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 4,070
Re: Redskins fire GM Scot McCloughan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Washington may indeed not hire a G.M. | ProFootballTalk

So we gud with no GM? Find it strange...
It's all about Smithers protecting his fief.
__________________
You Like That!
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 01:12 PM   #223
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 40
Posts: 18,104
Re: Redskins fire GM Scot McCloughan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
It's all about Smithers protecting his fief.
Unfortunately how we handled McC affects the job search. How we handled McC says "Even though you may have the title of GM, Bruce Allen is running the show in every facet"
__________________
Chris Cornell
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 01:24 PM   #224
Captain Kirk
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 37
Posts: 10,080
Re: Redskins fire GM Scot McCloughan

He may be ready to spread the duties out but they used McCloughan's board, with just a few tweaks, for this past draft. So while I'm very happy with this draft, I'm not ready to pat Allen on the back for it. Most credit should go to McCloughan.

I would much rather see a personnel guy there setting the board.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 01:34 PM   #225
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 40
Posts: 18,104
Re: Redskins fire GM Scot McCloughan

Right now...the offseason is won and lost on the Cousins contract. You get it done, we've had the best offseason in a long time, and ill give BA the much deserved credit.

If you don't get it done, its mostly a failure.
__________________
Chris Cornell
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.08669 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25