Warpath  

Home | Forums | Shop | Donate




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins OTA

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2017, 10:27 AM   #1
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 40
Posts: 19,291
Redskins OTA

Vernon Davis, Junior Galette provide reminders of ability during OTAs - Washington Redskins Blog- ESPN


Interesting:

But Doctson worked with the No. 2 offense -- Ryan Grant was the third receiver with the starters, alongside Jamison Crowder and Terrelle Pryor. Why? Because Grant can play all three receiver spots while the Redskins only want Doctson working at the "Z" position for now. Redskins coach Jay Gruden said Doctson can play the "X" position if needed. Receivers such as Doctson and Pryor, though, give Cousins nice, big targets over the middle of the field.

Player rotations. Linebacker Zach Brown worked alongside Will Compton with the No. 1 defense for a while Wednesday. Mason Foster also took reps next to Compton. Joey Mbu continues to take snaps as the top nose tackle.
__________________
I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. Stephen Covey
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-08-2017, 12:34 PM   #2
The Starter
 
Irrefutable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,080
Re: Redskins OTA

It is a little early to worry about who is working with the first team.
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 01:55 PM   #3
Playmaker
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 4,223
Re: Redskins OTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrefutable View Post
It is a little early to worry about who is working with the first team.
Let's hope so, based on this report.
__________________
You Like That!
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 01:59 PM   #4
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 40
Posts: 19,291
Re: Redskins OTA

I don't think anybody is worried.
__________________
I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. Stephen Covey
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 10:11 AM   #5
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 40
Posts: 19,291
Re: Redskins OTA

Minicamp update:

Redskins tight end Jordan Reed showed up for the mandatory minicamp Tuesday and reminded everyone what he was capable of doing. Reed seemed to be the target making all the big catches during practice, twisting linebacker Zach Brown around one time and catching a touchdown pass vs. corner Josh Norman. Reed provided the highlights of the day

Jordan Reed's improved footwork results in big day at Redskins minicamp - Washington Redskins Blog- ESPN

cool stuff here:

Second-year corner Kendall Fuller looks better than he did a year ago -- as he should. Fuller was recovering from knee surgery at this time a year ago and, though he played, the coaches always felt he might have done so too soon. He didn't have much ability to recover after being beaten on a route; he seems to have more of that now.

Fuller spent time working as the No. 1 slot corner and has covered receiver Jamison Crowder. He doesn't always win -- Crowder got him leaning outside on one route to create lots of separation inside. But there were several times Fuller prevented him from getting open. Fuller broke up a pass on a slant route.


One of the things the players like about new secondary coach Torrian Gray: He'll make instant corrections on the field during practice. That was one thing they wanted more from Perry Fewell. Tuesday, after one play, Gray yelled across the field to Norman, "What does stay square mean J-No?" The defensive backs actually had a strong day, especially stripping the ball after apparent catches. It happened several times.
__________________
I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. Stephen Covey
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 11:34 AM   #6
Playmaker
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Age: 34
Posts: 4,329
Re: Redskins OTA

Can I offer up my achilles to the injury fairy in lieu of Jr. getting hurt again?
__________________
What the... That's it! Einhorn is Finkle! Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is a man!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 12:02 PM   #7
Registered User
 
FlyerSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Greater Detroit area
Age: 47
Posts: 491
Re: Redskins OTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Can I offer up my achilles to the injury fairy in lieu of Jr. getting hurt again?
One really dedicated fan!!!
FlyerSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 12:31 PM   #8
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 18,500
Re: Redskins OTA

From Keim on Today's OTAs:

Redskins safety D.J. Swearinger just finished a two-play sequence in which he nearly intercepted a deep ball for Terrelle Pryor and then did pick off a ball on the next play after QB Kirk Cousins and WR Josh Doctson weren't on the same page. Credit CB Bashaud Breeland for good coverage on both plays.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 01:40 PM   #9
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 40
Posts: 19,291
Re: Redskins OTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
From Keim on Today's OTAs:

Redskins safety D.J. Swearinger just finished a two-play sequence in which he nearly intercepted a deep ball for Terrelle Pryor and then did pick off a ball on the next play after QB Kirk Cousins and WR Josh Doctson weren't on the same page. Credit CB Bashaud Breeland for good coverage on both plays.

And I raise you:
Keim twitter:
Corner Dashaun Phillips continued a strong day for the Redskins' secondary by jumps by a route in the red zone for a pick. Phillips came off receiver Josh Doctson and picked Colt McCoy

I think Torrain Gray impact is showing already
__________________
I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. Stephen Covey
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 01:43 PM   #10
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 9,783
Re: Redskins OTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
And I raise you:
Keim twitter:
Corner Dashaun Phillips continued a strong day for the Redskins' secondary by jumps by a route in the red zone for a pick. Phillips came off receiver Josh Doctson and picked Colt McCoy

I think Torrain Gray impact is showing already
Or the absence of Sean McVay
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 04:32 PM   #11
The Starter
 
Irrefutable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,080
Re: Redskins OTA

Matt Jones has asked to be released, what are the Redskins waiting for ?
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 08:14 PM   #12
Impact Rookie
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 916
Re: Redskins OTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Minicamp update:

Redskins tight end Jordan Reed showed up for the mandatory minicamp Tuesday and reminded everyone what he was capable of doing. Reed seemed to be the target making all the big catches during practice, twisting linebacker Zach Brown around one time and catching a touchdown pass vs. corner Josh Norman. Reed provided the highlights of the day

Jordan Reed's improved footwork results in big day at Redskins minicamp - Washington Redskins Blog- ESPN

cool stuff here:

Second-year corner Kendall Fuller looks better than he did a year ago -- as he should. Fuller was recovering from knee surgery at this time a year ago and, though he played, the coaches always felt he might have done so too soon. He didn't have much ability to recover after being beaten on a route; he seems to have more of that now.

Fuller spent time working as the No. 1 slot corner and has covered receiver Jamison Crowder. He doesn't always win -- Crowder got him leaning outside on one route to create lots of separation inside. But there were several times Fuller prevented him from getting open. Fuller broke up a pass on a slant route.


One of the things the players like about new secondary coach Torrian Gray: He'll make instant corrections on the field during practice. That was one thing they wanted more from Perry Fewell. Tuesday, after one play, Gray yelled across the field to Norman, "What does stay square mean J-No?" The defensive backs actually had a strong day, especially stripping the ball after apparent catches. It happened several times.
Wait... what the heck was he doing as a coach during practice then?
I understand the mess our secondary was last year... A coach that doesn't make corrections on the field during practice... duh...
__________________
Is there another french fan of the redskins?
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 09:11 PM   #13
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 40
Posts: 19,291
Re: Redskins OTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Or the absence of Sean McVay
Don't be that guy
__________________
I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. Stephen Covey
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 10:02 AM   #14
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 40
Posts: 19,291
Re: Redskins OTA

per Breer Twitter:

The Rams wound up getting 8 players out of the RG3 trade. With Greg Robinson gone, two remain: DL Michael Brockers and LB Alec Ogletree.

pretty amazing.
__________________
I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. Stephen Covey
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 11:09 AM   #15
Captain Kirk
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 38
Posts: 10,379
Re: Redskins OTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
per Breer Twitter:

The Rams wound up getting 8 players out of the RG3 trade. With Greg Robinson gone, two remain: DL Michael Brockers and LB Alec Ogletree.

pretty amazing.
And ultimately Jeff Fisher was fired.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.07349 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25