Warpath  

Home | Forums | Shop | Donate




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Jamison Crowder our #1 target?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2017, 06:16 PM   #1
Camp Scrub
 
Orakpwned's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 42
Jamison Crowder our #1 target?

Apparently, Jamison Crowder has been the preferred target for Kirk Cousins in OTAs.

I was anticipating he would be the 3rd target after Reed and Pryor, but how will the targets end up being split? And where does Josh Doctson fit into that?

I see it being something like:

Jordan Reed ~100 targets
Jamison Crowder ~90 targets
Terrelle Pryor ~70 targets
Josh Doctson ~60 targets
Chris Thompson ~40 targets
Orakpwned is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-14-2017, 07:14 PM   #2
Gamebreaker
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 29
Posts: 13,346
Re: Jamison Crowder our #1 target?

I think you're being easy on the targets there. Jordan Reed (in the right offense) might catch 100 balls, let's say on 125-150 targets. Crowder/Pryor will most likely be evenly matched on targets, or in the vicinity of the other, and Doctson will either end up as the 3rd receiver. I like Crowder in the slot but he's earned the opportunity to become a starter. Should be a good battle though.
__________________
State of the Redskins 2017
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 09:14 PM   #3
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Posts: 4,880
Re: Jamison Crowder our #1 target?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orakpwned View Post
Apparently, Jamison Crowder has been the preferred target for Kirk Cousins in OTAs.

I was anticipating he would be the 3rd target after Reed and Pryor, but how will the targets end up being split? And where does Josh Doctson fit into that?

I see it being something like:

Jordan Reed ~100 targets
Jamison Crowder ~90 targets
Terrelle Pryor ~70 targets
Josh Doctson ~60 targets
Chris Thompson ~40 targets
kc attempted 606 passes in 16 games last season, about 38 per game. vernon davis was 6th in targets at 59.

i think you can ramp up your projections.
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 10:38 PM   #4
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 30
Posts: 19,966
Re: Jamison Crowder our #1 target?

I'd say he could be, 80 catches is a strong possibility
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 11:18 PM   #5
Captain Kirk
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 37
Posts: 10,147
Re: Jamison Crowder our #1 target?

I love Crowder but if he's going to draw coverage from the top corner then I don't think he'll perform as well.

Ideally Prior and Doctson show enough to be our outside guys and Crowder can stay in the slot where he's a matchup nightmare.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 08:08 AM   #6
Pro Bowl
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 5,716
Re: Jamison Crowder our #1 target?

I dont see how Pryor wont be our #1 target.
And as pointed out above, the number one corner will be on Pryor allowing Crowder more wiggle room.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 12:31 PM   #7
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 40
Posts: 18,253
Re: Jamison Crowder our #1 target?

I think Terrell Pryor will be a better deep option than DJax


And Jordan Reed will be top in Targets this year.


But Crowder will lead WR in catches.

Your welcome
__________________
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Winston Churchill
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 01:13 PM   #8
Playmaker
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 4,124
Re: Jamison Crowder our #1 target?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I love Crowder but if he's going to draw coverage from the top corner then I don't think he'll perform as well.

Ideally Prior and Doctson show enough to be our outside guys and Crowder can stay in the slot where he's a matchup nightmare.
I agree with this.
__________________
You Like That!
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 01:28 PM   #9
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 18,170
Re: Jamison Crowder our #1 target?

From Mike Clay:

__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 01:52 AM   #10
Special Teams
 
Bishop Hammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 258
Re: Jamison Crowder our #1 target?

As long as Big Cuz gets the ball to someone then it doesn't matter to me who it is. I just want the passing game to remain on point.
__________________
I don't have to sell my soul
he's already in me
I don't need to sell my soul
he's already in me
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored

Stone Roses
"I wanna be adored"
Bishop Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 09:33 AM   #11
Playmaker
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 4,124
Re: Jamison Crowder our #1 target?

I think Jay Gruden becomes infatuated by certain players and starts to overrate them. The best example of this is Ryan Grant. Gruden loves Grant because he runs good routes and knows the entire playbook for all the WR positions. This has caused Gruden to overlook the facts that Grant is too slow, can't get separation, drops the ball too often, and has not become a factor in the offense although he's in his fourth year with the team. Gruden definitely has a case of football geek/coach love for Grant.

Now, we come to the case of Jamison Crowder. Crowder is an outstanding slot receiver; however, he is also 5-8 and 180 lbs. Any use of him as a wideout or a RB must be limited and situational if Gruden hopes to keep him on the field. Top corners will smother him and beat the crap out of him if he plays wide regularly. What happens to him if he has to pass protect as a RB? He'll be run over by DL's and LB's. Gruden needs to let Crowder do his thing as a premier slot receiver and keep him healthy for the good of the team.
__________________
You Like That!
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 10:13 AM   #12
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,997
Re: Jamison Crowder our #1 target?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I think Jay Gruden becomes infatuated by certain players and starts to overrate them. The best example of this is Ryan Grant. Gruden loves Grant because he runs good routes and knows the entire playbook for all the WR positions. This has caused Gruden to overlook the facts that Grant is too slow, can't get separation, drops the ball too often, and has not become a factor in the offense although he's in his fourth year with the team. Gruden definitely has a case of football geek/coach love for Grant.

Now, we come to the case of Jamison Crowder. Crowder is an outstanding slot receiver; however, he is also 5-8 and 180 lbs. Any use of him as a wideout or a RB must be limited and situational if Gruden hopes to keep him on the field. Top corners will smother him and beat the crap out of him if he plays wide regularly. What happens to him if he has to pass protect as a RB? He'll be run over by DL's and LB's. Gruden needs to let Crowder do his thing as a premier slot receiver and keep him healthy for the good of the team.
Your discounting Crowder because of his size? He's a receiver whose a willing blocker and ex basketball player with a quick first step, quick twitch and rarely drops the ball. He also is brilliant after the catch and a willing blocker.

He's replacing a guy who wouldn't block and was good for 2-3 plays a game. Plus we have doctson who will move JC back to the slot.
__________________
Just win.
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 10:54 AM   #13
Wildcard Bitches
 
RobH4413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bethesda, MD
Age: 32
Posts: 2,566
Re: Jamison Crowder our #1 target?

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmonkforhallofamein07 View Post
Your discounting Crowder because of his size? He's a receiver whose a willing blocker and ex basketball player with a quick first step, quick twitch and rarely drops the ball. He also is brilliant after the catch and a willing blocker.

He's replacing a guy who wouldn't block and was good for 2-3 plays a game. Plus we have doctson who will move JC back to the slot.
He is discounting his size in the context of anything but a slot receiver. I think his point (and others on this thread) that his value drops exponentially in a different role are correct.

Moving him to an X or a Z would be akin to forcing Andre Carter to play out of position. Does it mean Andre Carter sucks? No. But he was night and day when used correctly. There are countless examples in Redskins history of us plugging in people in the incorrect spots, so lets not do that.
__________________
This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps!
RobH4413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 06:24 PM   #14
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 44
Posts: 88,910
Re: Jamison Crowder our #1 target?

Plenty of smaller guys have had big time careers.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 07:07 PM   #15
Pro Bowl
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 5,716
Re: Jamison Crowder our #1 target?

Jamison Crowder can dance the Minute Waltz in 58 seconds.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.05411 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25