Warpath  

Home | Forums | Shop | Donate




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Cousins Saga 4.0. Is he done in DC?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2017, 04:37 AM   #31
Impact Rookie
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 722
Re: Cousins Saga 4.0. Is he done in DC?

I really want to be talking something else than KC... BUT:

On yesterday's show, Cooley said he was almost 100% sure that if we go 11-5 and win at least one playoff game, KC signs a great offer from the Redskins without even going through the transition tag scenario.

Kirk said he "needed more time", so if our D performs well and we WIN, (which to me is a real possibility, I don't think they were that far from being efficient, big part of it was bad coaching, and we added talent) Cooley thinks that's all the "time" he'd be needing to stay.

What do you think?
__________________
Is there another french fan of the redskins?

Last edited by FrenchSkin; 07-20-2017 at 04:55 AM.
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-20-2017, 07:23 AM   #32
Captain Kirk
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 38
Posts: 10,249
Re: Cousins Saga 4.0. Is he done in DC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
I really want to be talking something else than KC... BUT:

On yesterday's show, Cooley said he was almost 100% sure that if we go 11-5 and win at least one playoff game, KC signs a great offer from the Redskins without even going through the transition tag scenario.

Kirk said he "needed more time", so if our D performs well and we WIN, (which to me is a real possibility, I don't think they were that far from being efficient, big part of it was bad coaching, and we added talent) Cooley thinks that's all the "time" he'd be needing to stay.

What do you think?
I think that's entirely plausible. Winning can definitely change minds, and I said something similar a few posts ago.

However there's still the nagging thought in the back of my mind, we heard from "sources close to Cousins" that he doesn't want to sign with the Skins and wants to reunite with Kyle.

But next February he'll take stock. He'll contemplate whether DC is a better spot or if others are. If like you say we have a much improved defense, he's still well protected behind our good line, and he believes Gruden suits him as a play caller, he will take that into account. That and the QB needy teams may all be crappy options at that point.

If we show any semblance of Redskins drama then he'll bail.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 07:45 AM   #33
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 44
Posts: 89,191
Re: Cousins Saga 4.0. Is he done in DC?

Way too early to speculate. I find it hard to believe his master plan was to collect tag money for 2-3 years and then leave. If it was really so terrible here for him he could have forced a trade a long time ago.

The NFL is basically a year to year league anyway. This route he's taking is definitely unconventional but more players could start to follow suit in a push to bring fully guaranteed contracts in the next CBA.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 07:53 AM   #34
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 9,718
Re: Cousins Saga 4.0. Is he done in DC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Way too early to speculate. I find it hard to believe his master plan was to collect tag money for 2-3 years and then leave. If it was really so terrible here for him he could have forced a trade a long time ago.

The NFL is basically a year to year league anyway. This route he's taking is definitely unconventional but more players could start to follow suit in a push to bring fully guaranteed contracts in the next CBA.
It may also be good for the Skins, I am curios to see KC in action w/o PG and Djax. I also like to see KC win a big game; one where we clearly say hey we don't win that game if not for KC.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 08:08 AM   #35
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 44
Posts: 89,191
Re: Cousins Saga 4.0. Is he done in DC?

Feels like people will always want more no matter what he does. Remember when it was the INT issue, or he couldn't beat a winning team? I thought the win over GB was pretty big last year, out dueling Rodgers in prime time. And he's already played plenty of games with DJ out injured.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:53 AM   #36
MVP
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 11,779
Re: Cousins Saga 4.0. Is he done in DC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
It may also be good for the Skins, I am curios to see KC in action w/o PG and Djax. I also like to see KC win a big game; one where we clearly say hey we don't win that game if not for KC.
Major sigh... He's already played in several big games and played well in them, both winning and losing. Football is a team game and he'd have several more wins had it not been for missed FG's and terrible defense.

Also KC has already played w/out Jackson in several games already.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:14 AM   #37
Playmaker
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Age: 34
Posts: 3,773
Re: Cousins Saga 4.0. Is he done in DC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Feels like people will always want more no matter what he does. Remember when it was the INT issue, or he couldn't beat a winning team? I thought the win over GB was pretty big last year, out dueling Rodgers in prime time. And he's already played plenty of games with DJ out injured.
Yeah, I think if anything our offense is younger and more explosive now plus the line should be even better now. I don't see any reason he wouldn't have the same success as last year overall. I think losing Garcon and Jackson is being overstated. We shouldn't pay 30+ receivers as much as they're getting. If this was practically any other team, this would be considered a shrewd move.

But he's asking for a ton of money and/or guarantees so I think its fair to want to see him improve in situational football, ie red zone, big games, etc. Hopefully the team plays well and we sign him for like 5 years at 25 per, with the first 3 fully guaranteed.
__________________
What the... That's it! Einhorn is Finkle! Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is a man!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:24 AM   #38
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 40
Posts: 18,848
Re: Cousins Saga 4.0. Is he done in DC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Feels like people will always want more no matter what he does. Remember when it was the INT issue, or he couldn't beat a winning team? I thought the win over GB was pretty big last year, out dueling Rodgers in prime time. And he's already played plenty of games with DJ out injured.
It would be nice if Snyder and Bruce kinda understood this...


My opinion is Kurt is most likely leaving 80%-20%. Not looking good folks.
__________________
I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. Stephen Covey
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:50 AM   #39
Gamebreaker
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 29
Posts: 13,563
Re: Cousins Saga 4.0. Is he done in DC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Major sigh... He's already played in several big games and played well in them, both winning and losing. Football is a team game and he'd have several more wins had it not been for missed FG's and terrible defense.

Also KC has already played w/out Jackson in several games already.
This pisses me off. Football is the epitome of a team sport and mfers trying to put this all on Kirk.
__________________
State of the Redskins 2017
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 11:15 AM   #40
Playmaker
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Age: 34
Posts: 3,773
Re: Cousins Saga 4.0. Is he done in DC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
This pisses me off. Football is the epitome of a team sport and mfers trying to put this all on Kirk.
QB, too much credit, too much blame. That'll never change. I'm excited to see our defense. Really hope Fabian M. is ready to go before week 1.
__________________
What the... That's it! Einhorn is Finkle! Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is a man!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 11:40 AM   #41
Pro Bowl
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 5,730
Re: Cousins Saga 4.0. Is he done in DC?

I think its 50/50 he will be gone next year.
However....both sides have six months to say the wrong thing that will get the other sides all butt hurt.
More or less inevitable......
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 12:13 PM   #42
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 44
Posts: 89,191
Re: Cousins Saga 4.0. Is he done in DC?

100% chance that something happens next offseason.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 12:18 PM   #43
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 40
Posts: 18,848
Re: Cousins Saga 4.0. Is he done in DC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
100% chance that something happens next offseason.


#offseason
__________________
I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. Stephen Covey
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 12:35 PM   #44
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: close to the edge
Posts: 4,811
Re: Cousins Saga 4.0. Is he done in DC?

July 27 (thurs) - training camp opens

Aug 10 (thurs) - 1st PS game @ baltimore

football is coming.

(and then we can debate Kirk Cousins weekly performance .. week after week after week.)

Redskins.com | Training Camp Schedule
__________________
Life is brutal, but beautiful
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 01:36 PM   #45
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 44
Posts: 89,191
Re: Cousins Saga 4.0. Is he done in DC?

I can't wait for the preseason when we'll hear what studs McCoy and Sudfeld are and how we could trade KC for a ham sandwich and be ok.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.11375 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25