Warpath  

Home | Forums | Shop | Donate




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Cousins Saga 4.0. Is he done in DC?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2017, 06:34 PM   #1
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Age: 30
Posts: 20,170
Cousins Saga 4.0. Is he done in DC?

Figured it's time for a new thread after the recent news. Here is my question for all of you guys. Is Kirk done in DC? All signs are pointing to that, especially with Bruce's statement. Honestly I don't think he wants to come back and this drama shit is beyond old. Httr

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-18-2017, 07:20 PM   #2
MVP
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 11,715
Re: Cousins Saga 4.0. Is he done in DC?

No, he isn't done here, unless the Redskins go back to their old ways. After hearing him speak today I think it's obvious that he wants to make sure the Redskins front office acts like a professional front office. KC is a smart dude and knows how to play the game. He should be a politician one day, or be a player representative. He knows his stuff.

When the season ends the Redskins shouldn't dick around and wait until May to do something. They need to be talking to his agent a week after the season ends.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 08:40 PM   #3
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 55
Posts: 3,955
Re: Cousins Saga 4.0. Is he done in DC?

Of course he's done here.Skins didnt pony up this year so what makes anyone believe they will do it next year? They have unquestionably handled this contract situation worse then any team in history so what would change that for the next contract? If Kurt plays great and takes us to the Super Bowl then maybe Skins pony up.
I think Kurt is who I think he is and that is someone that shows signs of greatness but doesnt deliver the goods.I think he will go out and have another good stat year,show some great things but ultimately not get us to the playoffs or at best he'll play badly in the wildcard gamebut he will be just good enough to sign the biggest contract for a QB ever and ultimately bolt to another team,most likely the 49ers.
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:05 PM   #4
Playmaker
 
30gut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,218
Re: Cousins Saga 4.0. Is he done in DC?

If I had to bet I would say 55% chance Kirk plays for 49ers in 18, 30% Washington and 15% other.

The way this QB situation has been managed should get a GM fired. Not being able to sign your long term QB and not having a viable development QB in the que is inexcusable.
__________________
I looked at it as, if I wasnt good enough to go on the first day, Im gonna get in the gym tonight and prove that Im good enough to myself..Im all about work.S'ua #36
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:31 PM   #5
Registered User
 
FlyerSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Greater Detroit area
Age: 47
Posts: 491
Re: Cousins Saga 4.0. Is he done in DC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Figured it's time for a new thread after the recent news. Here is my question for all of you guys. Is Kirk done in DC? All signs are pointing to that, especially with Bruce's statement. Honestly I don't think he wants to come back and this drama shit is beyond old. Httr
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
We are on the same page. Kirk has to stay here another year, so he needs to play nice. Allen's letter/ statement just was icing on the cake. If he plays lights out, his asking price will be steep and we will need to retain a core of decent players to build around if we want to see the team win another title. Management wasn't totally sold on him and ran their playbook as such. If he has another year like last year, then there might be a glimmer of hope. Face it, he choked, and looked average at best towards the last month. All he needed was one lousy win, and the defense wasn't completely to blame either. Like you said, this crap is beyond old and fans in old DC need to have a revolution of their own!!!
FlyerSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:35 PM   #6
Registered User
 
FlyerSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Greater Detroit area
Age: 47
Posts: 491
Re: Cousins Saga 4.0. Is he done in DC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Of course he's done here.Skins didnt pony up this year so what makes anyone believe they will do it next year? They have unquestionably handled this contract situation worse then any team in history so what would change that for the next contract? If Kurt plays great and takes us to the Super Bowl then maybe Skins pony up.
I think Kurt is who I think he is and that is someone that shows signs of greatness but doesnt deliver the goods.I think he will go out and have another good stat year,show some great things but ultimately not get us to the playoffs or at best he'll play badly in the wildcard gamebut he will be just good enough to sign the biggest contract for a QB ever and ultimately bolt to another team,most likely the 49ers.
In short, he basically has plateued as a player and is going for the $$$$$$! It will be interesting to see how he does in the NFC West.
FlyerSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 12:23 AM   #7
Impact Rookie
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 712
Re: Cousins Saga 4.0. Is he done in DC?

I've been one of the more optimistic all along... now I really don't know.

From a rational standpoint, I think our best hope is a transition tag, and the Skins matching market price, KC gets what he's worth, and the Skins know they paid market price.

But. KC's smart enough to handle the PR perfectly, so we don't know how he really felt about BA's statement... Does he want out of here, regardless of numbers?

But if he's transition tagged and we match I don't think he'd have a choice, and we know he'd play he's best regardless of how he feels about the front office.

I guess the real question is do the Skins want him here after that BA's statement? ... If they sign him to a higher price next season they really look like fools...
__________________
Is there another french fan of the redskins?
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 01:22 AM   #8
Playmaker
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Age: 34
Posts: 3,617
Re: Cousins Saga 4.0. Is he done in DC?

Could Nate Sudfeld Be The 2018 Redskins Quarterback? - Washington - Scout
__________________
What the... That's it! Einhorn is Finkle! Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is a man!
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 02:27 AM   #9
The Starter
 
calia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Woodside, CA
Age: 49
Posts: 1,551
Re: Cousins Saga 4.0. Is he done in DC?

I wonder if this is Kirk's power play to get the fan base to hate BA and force Snyder to shit can him. One can hope. That statement was the dumbest thing I have seen us do in a long time, and THAT is saying something.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"Coach, what do you think of your team's execution?"
"I'm all for it." -- Coach McKay
calia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 07:09 AM   #10
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 44
Posts: 89,114
Re: Cousins Saga 4.0. Is he done in DC?

Interesting that the Steelers basically did the same thing to Bell by releasing details about their offer.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 07:30 AM   #11
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 40
Posts: 18,687
Re: Cousins Saga 4.0. Is he done in DC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Interesting that the Steelers basically did the same thing to Bell by releasing details about their offer.
Well we are sure Pittsburgh won't shit on by the media like the skins will be. And they left lotta details out.


I'm ready for camp now. I think we can cap another Skins drama filled offseason. At least we had a good draft and decent free agency period...ready put cousins issue behind us. Skins arrive in Richmond in a couple weeks.
__________________
I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. Stephen Covey
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 07:45 AM   #12
Impact Rookie
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 712
Re: Cousins Saga 4.0. Is he done in DC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Well we are sure Pittsburgh won't shit on by the media like the skins will be. And they left lotta details out.


I'm ready for camp now. I think we can cap another Skins drama filled offseason. At least we had a good draft and decent free agency period...ready put cousins issue behind us. Skins arrive in Richmond in a couple weeks.
Right.
It's a complicated business, who knows what will happen to KC next season?...

As important as it is, QB is only one of 53 players, and I'm looking forward to see how our defense will play!
As bad as they were last season, they weren't THAT far from being ok: the "worst 3rd down defense ever" was painfull to watch at times, but at least they got their opponents in 3rd and long pretty often...
Down the stretch they gave a pretty decent effort, made some key stops, and IIRC were well ranked in terms of sacks...

Envoy de mon TOMMY en utilisant Tapatalk
__________________
Is there another french fan of the redskins?
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 08:50 AM   #13
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Age: 30
Posts: 20,170
Re: Cousins Saga 4.0. Is he done in DC?

I just hope the skins make a run this yr and get a playoff win or 2. I believe we have the roster to do so. Kirk will play well again, hes a good QB. Great? I cant say that just yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 08:52 AM   #14
Captain Kirk
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 38
Posts: 10,228
Re: Cousins Saga 4.0. Is he done in DC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
If I had to bet I would say 55% chance Kirk plays for 49ers in 18, 30% Washington and 15% other.

The way this QB situation has been managed should get a GM fired. Not being able to sign your long term QB and not having a viable development QB in the que is inexcusable.
I think I completely agree with your % breakdown of likelihood.

I think Cousins is saying all the right things now, as best he can. I think Bruce Allen's May offer was low, but it wasn't laughable, and so if you don't even respond back with your own offer, then it says you have reservations about a long term commitment to the team.

We've heard a lot from "sources close to Cousins" that say he wants to play for San Fran. We've heard he "requested a trade" from Snyder. Cousins has come out and said all the right things after each of those reports. But actions speak much louder than words, and the fact he never responded with an offer shows that where there's smoke there's fire.

That said, it also wouldn't make sense to mentally lock onto San Fran being his best destination in 2018. How does he know if that team will have a foundation built? Does the offensive line there look like something he'd want to play behind in 2018? How does their defense look? And then on the Redskins side, how does his relationship with Jay Gruden as playcaller develop? How does the defense perform this year? And then all the off-field stuff - how does his wife like the area? Does she have interest in moving their then-one year old baby?

He's keeping his options open. All of it points to the %s you lay out being right on the money. There are obviously some things he doesn't like about the Redskins, otherwise he would have countered the May offer to include more guarantees.

If there's a positive in all of it, and there aren't many, it's that the Redskins have this year to show him everything he wants to see. They can demonstrate that Gruden is better for him than Kyle. They can demonstrate that Trent, Scherff and Moses are better to play behind than whatever SF has. And they can demonstrate that their moves on defense will help take a load off of him. The ball is in the Redskins's court to go out and prove that this is the best place for him. Then I could see those %s shifting in favor of the Redskins.

What's done is done. On to camp. It's time to stop thinking about the future and time to focus on the present. Noses to the grindstone, let's make the fucking playoffs.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:07 AM   #15
Special Teams
 
rocnrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 400
Re: Cousins Saga 4.0. Is he done in DC?

Kirks interview post deadline was very revealing..He said it was not even about the MONEY! now if we are to believe he is a stand up guy and tells the truth( which I believe) then He at this point does not want to commit to the Redskins LONG TERM because of other factors..in my opinion these are the factors..Owner and front office, new O coordinator, New WR group, overall negative vibe that surrounds this team.. IF we are to believe Cousins then IF the new WR group is productive and He gels with the New Cordinator then those factors are okay..

There is a huge question about his relationship with Front office which is the REAL reason there is no deal. I am starting to believe that Allen should be gone and that would go a long way to keeping Kirk..the ONLY positive side to this is that Cousins has 1 more year to step up and remove any doubt about his worth to likely become the highest paid Qb in league..And that is where I side with the Skins ..Im not sure he is the LONG TERM answer .YES He is way better than anybody else on our roster but a top 10 QB ..? Do you guys really believe He is a top 10 QB and can lead us to a super bowl? lets say he got signed to the BIG DEAL and due to many factors his play falls off and we miss playoffs then you would hear ..We should have NEVER signed him to that deal.

I'm telling you That those choke moments in the must win games last year plays a huge part in all of this..How many of you watching the Giants game knew when He had that pick it would come back and haunt him. I did for sure. and at that moment I questioned if he was the answer long term. We don't need a 7-9,9-7 type team every season. CAN Cousins be the QB to win 10 plus games every year with changing skill players around him..IF not then He is a mid pack serviceable type QB who does not need to be overpaid..I still say he does not Strike fear in opposing teams Def. We need a game changing QB ..they are few and far between. BUT if we hitch the wagon to Cousins and he does not step up then what? I myself can't take 8-8 seasons and missing playoffs I would just as soon go 4 -12 and get a top Pick and move on to really have chance at a Franchise QB. there are many ways to look at this Glass half full or half empty is where this team is at.
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.11691 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25