Warpath  

Home | Forums | Shop | Donate




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Training Camp 2017

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2017, 12:20 PM   #166
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 40
Posts: 18,616
Re: Training Camp 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
John Keim
ESPN Staff Writer

Overheard at camp: "Hell yeah Kirk! Hell yeah Kirk!" The usually silent Brandon Scherff exulted after quarterback Kirk Cousins connected with a wide-open Ryan Grant in the corner of the end zone to cap a red zone drill. Cousins crouched and pumped his fist after the play.
good sign...I hope they come out with more fire on offense this preseason game. Id like to see maybe a little pushing after a play, maybe someone finishing a run block after the whistle....I want to see some passion. Last week, it didn't seem like football was back.
__________________
I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. Stephen Covey
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-17-2017, 02:12 PM   #167
MVP
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 11,690
Re: Training Camp 2017

Last week the first team offense really looked like they didn't want to be out there. I don't blame them. Really only need week 2 and 3 for pre season and that's it.

Also, wouldn't count out Matt Jones. They may want to keep him around.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 05:02 PM   #168
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 44
Posts: 89,090
Re: Training Camp 2017

Jones could be dangerous if he really wanted to. He just doesn't seem to have that hunger to be great.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 08:11 PM   #169
Gamebreaker
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 29
Posts: 13,457
Re: Training Camp 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Jones could be dangerous if he really wanted to. He just doesn't seem to have that hunger to be great.
He's gotta be on his last opportunity. You hit the nail on the head. If he doesn't impress or fumbles again he'll probably be put on the roster bubble.
__________________
State of the Redskins 2017
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 09:47 PM   #170
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Age: 30
Posts: 20,145
Re: Training Camp 2017

We have a good RB group. Chris Thompson is one of the best pass catching backs in the league. Perrine will be the starter down the road. Kelley is good too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 10:45 PM   #171
Registered User
 
FlyerSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Greater Detroit area
Age: 47
Posts: 491
Re: Training Camp 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
We have a good RB group. Chris Thompson is one of the best pass catching backs in the league. Perrine will be the starter down the road. Kelley is good too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
RBs and WRs I am not really worried about, it is our pathetic QB depth. If Kirk gets hurt or does take a hike after this season, we are in a world of hurt for the future. Being a Big Ten fan, I was thinking maybe Sudfeld had what it took to make it in the NFL as a potential starter. He did make a pathetic Indiana team look at least respectable when he was their starter, but I don't think he is going to cut it more than being a 3rd stringer or backup at best.
FlyerSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 11:04 PM   #172
Impact Rookie
 
Bangee7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Pa
Posts: 692
Re: Training Camp 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerSkin View Post
RBs and WRs I am not really worried about, it is our pathetic QB depth. If Kirk gets hurt or does take a hike after this season, we are in a world of hurt for the future. Being a Big Ten fan, I was thinking maybe Sudfeld had what it took to make it in the NFL as a potential starter. He did make a pathetic Indiana team look at least respectable when he was their starter, but I don't think he is going to cut it more than being a 3rd stringer or backup at best.
Sudfeld didn't even look the part of a 3rd stringer last week.

I'd get both Kirk & McCoy lots of reps this week.

Kirk's wife is due Sept. 18th...'Skins play in LA on Sun, Sept 17th

We may need Colt to fill in for that game, if she goes into labor early.
Bangee7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 06:36 AM   #173
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 44
Posts: 89,090
Re: Training Camp 2017

Sudfeld doesn't even deserve a mention at this point.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 07:55 AM   #174
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Age: 30
Posts: 20,145
Re: Training Camp 2017

Nate is what he is , a journeyman QB in the NFL. Basically if we don't have KC after this yr we are screwed.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 08:00 AM   #175
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 44
Posts: 89,090
Re: Training Camp 2017

He'll be lucky to end up a journeyman, he's more likely to be out of the league in a year or two.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 08:48 AM   #176
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Age: 30
Posts: 20,145
Re: Training Camp 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
He'll be lucky to end up a journeyman, he's more likely to be out of the league in a year or two.
I was surprised we didn't draft a QB, even a guy like Josh Dobbs to develop for a year or 2. Maybe we really will pay Kirk but right now it doesn't look too promising.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 11:34 AM   #177
Special Teams
 
SkinsGuru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 262
Re: Training Camp 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangee7 View Post
Sudfeld didn't even look the part of a 3rd stringer last week.

I'd get both Kirk & McCoy lots of reps this week.

Kirk's wife is due Sept. 18th...'Skins play in LA on Sun, Sept 17th

We may need Colt to fill in for that game, if she goes into labor early.
none of our QB's including Cousins looked the part of a 3rd stringer last week. simply putrid QB play by all three on all accounts.
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 11:45 AM   #178
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: close to the edge
Posts: 4,747
Re: Training Camp 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
He's gotta be on his last opportunity. You hit the nail on the head. If he doesn't impress or fumbles again he'll probably be put on the roster bubble.
I heard on sports radio that Jones was working with a specialist on securing the ball, getting him to use both arms to secure the ball when running in traffic. Did a quick google search but didnt find any articles on it.

Its something to watch.

Im still high on Jones, combo of size and decent speed cant be taught.
__________________
Life is brutal, but beautiful
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 01:24 PM   #179
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 35
Posts: 18,664
Re: Training Camp 2017

The fumbling sucks, but for me, it's the fact he runs like a giant vajayjay. Have never seen a guy that big break so few tackles.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 03:31 PM   #180
Playmaker
 
Meks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Jersey
Age: 32
Posts: 2,701
Re: Training Camp 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Nate is what he is , a journeyman QB in the NFL. Basically if we don't have KC after this yr we are screwed.
Lol he wont even get that far, between this and saying perine will be the starter eventually i do not see what you see!
__________________
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR

Still waiting for some COUSINS avys tho.....
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.10661 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25