Warpath  

Home | Forums | Shop | Donate




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Sunday NFL Ticket 4 Month Subscription

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2017, 03:59 PM   #1
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Posts: 4,906
Sunday NFL Ticket 4 Month Subscription

i was thrilled to learn about this, many restrictions apply but i met all qualifications.

basically it's a 4 month subscription for $70/month or $25/month for current college students. you can live stream all out of market games on fox and cbs on sunday.

not sure how many of us need this or qualify for this but i had to share, links below:

NFL SUNDAY TICKET.TV | NFL.com
https://nflst.directv.com/student
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-22-2017, 11:25 AM   #2
Impact Rookie
 
metalskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 758
Re: Sunday NFL Ticket 4 Month Subscription

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
i was thrilled to learn about this, many restrictions apply but i met all qualifications.

basically it's a 4 month subscription for $70/month or $25/month for current college students. you can live stream all out of market games on fox and cbs on sunday.

not sure how many of us need this or qualify for this but i had to share, links below:

NFL SUNDAY TICKET.TV | NFL.com
https://nflst.directv.com/student

I don't qualify and I would suspect the only ones who would qualify are those who live in apartments or some place where a satellite dish cannot get a direct line of sight out. I despise DirecTV for keeping a strangle hold on on the Sunday Ticket. I would be more than happy just purchasing the ticket each year, even at full cost, so as long as I wasn't committed to anything else. I would suspect a lot of others would follow suit. I'm hoping in the near future, that will change and the NFL Sunday Ticket will be open to anyone who wants it whether a DirecTV customer or not.
__________________
Reserved for a witty signature.
metalskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 01:39 PM   #3
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Age: 30
Posts: 20,579
Re: Sunday NFL Ticket 4 Month Subscription

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
I don't qualify and I would suspect the only ones who would qualify are those who live in apartments or some place where a satellite dish cannot get a direct line of sight out. I despise DirecTV for keeping a strangle hold on on the Sunday Ticket. I would be more than happy just purchasing the ticket each year, even at full cost, so as long as I wasn't committed to anything else. I would suspect a lot of others would follow suit. I'm hoping in the near future, that will change and the NFL Sunday Ticket will be open to anyone who wants it whether a DirecTV customer or not.
I've had DTV for a long time, they are OK.. Not great but not terrible either. I agree though, I'd just rather get the Ticket than the actual service...
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 10:11 AM   #4
Special Teams
 
rickmmrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 352
Re: Sunday NFL Ticket 4 Month Subscription

Another option is NFL Game pass. I'll say right up front I have not done this but I think I might give it a shot this year. As you may already know, if you live in the US you can only view the games a day after the games.

however if you live in a foreign country you can view the games live. So the trick is when you sign up for NFL Game Pass you use a VPN that makes it look like you are connecting from another country, and when you start the streams every Sunday you also use the VPN to start the stream.

If you google "VPN NFL Game Pass" there is a lot of info about it.
rickmmrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 09:28 AM   #5
Impact Rookie
 
metalskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 758
Re: Sunday NFL Ticket 4 Month Subscription

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmmrr View Post
Another option is NFL Game pass. I'll say right up front I have not done this but I think I might give it a shot this year. As you may already know, if you live in the US you can only view the games a day after the games.

however if you live in a foreign country you can view the games live. So the trick is when you sign up for NFL Game Pass you use a VPN that makes it look like you are connecting from another country, and when you start the streams every Sunday you also use the VPN to start the stream.

If you google "VPN NFL Game Pass" there is a lot of info about it.
Try that out and let us know if this actually works. Personally, I think it's stupid that DirecTV is the only conduit for watching out of market games live, legally. With the advancement in internet streaming services, I think it's about time for the NFL to sever that partnership and provide that service directly to the consumer no matter what TV service (or no service) they have. And I think with the approaching new ATSC 3.0 standard coming, the NFL would then have the technical ability to offer a service like NFL Sunday Ticket to cordcutters. Even if it costs $300/season, I would still be willing to pay that over having to be a DirecTV subscriber. If you don't know anything about ATSC 3.0, read up on it. It's going to change life for cord cutters.
__________________
Reserved for a witty signature.
metalskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 09:36 AM   #6
Impact Rookie
 
metalskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 758
Re: Sunday NFL Ticket 4 Month Subscription

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I've had DTV for a long time, they are OK.. Not great but not terrible either. I agree though, I'd just rather get the Ticket than the actual service...
As far as the service goes, I loved DirecTV (except for when we had hard downpours, my service would go out.) The picture quality seemed much better than cable, and of course, I loved the whole home DVR. And yeah, I enjoyed the fact that I could get NFL Sunday Ticket - although the first year I had it, I was still in VA and could get all the games locally anyway, and when I moved, they were flat out terrible. But still, as far as the service went, it was great. It's just the highway robbery they seem to put their consumers through, especially those who tried to be loyal customers. They give new customers the world (for about half of the first year but that's a whole different story), and then they punish you after that.

Right now, our family doesn't get to watch a lot of TV anyway. We NEVER get to watch anything while it's being broadcast. We time shift everything we watch, so for us, it doesn't make sense to spend over $1000/yr on pay tv.
__________________
Reserved for a witty signature.
metalskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 10:02 AM   #7
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 44
Posts: 89,307
Re: Sunday NFL Ticket 4 Month Subscription

Can you get games with a jail broken firestick? Asking for a friend.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 10:07 AM   #8
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 50
Posts: 14,995
Re: Sunday NFL Ticket 4 Month Subscription

shouldn't that read --
Asking for a "friend"
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 10:17 AM   #9
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 9,764
Re: Sunday NFL Ticket 4 Month Subscription

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Can you get games with a jail broken firestick? Asking for a friend.
SportsDevil.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 11:51 AM   #10
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 55
Posts: 3,971
Re: Sunday NFL Ticket 4 Month Subscription

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmmrr View Post
Another option is NFL Game pass. I'll say right up front I have not done this but I think I might give it a shot this year. As you may already know, if you live in the US you can only view the games a day after the games.

however if you live in a foreign country you can view the games live. So the trick is when you sign up for NFL Game Pass you use a VPN that makes it look like you are connecting from another country, and when you start the streams every Sunday you also use the VPN to start the stream.

If you google "VPN NFL Game Pass" there is a lot of info about it.
Yeah let us know if this works out,thanks
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 02:27 PM   #11
Special Teams
 
insane4theskinsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 146
Re: Sunday NFL Ticket 4 Month Subscription

i miss the hell out of my DTV.had it last 8 years,but my divorce ended that.hopefully next year,i can get it back.beng at the mercy of local cable channels sucks,i
insane4theskinsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.13809 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25