Warpath  

Home | Forums | Shop | Donate




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins 2017-2018 Season Prediction

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: How many games will the Skins win this season?
12 or more 1 4.35%
11 0 0%
10 4 17.39%
9 7 30.43%
8 4 17.39%
7 4 17.39%
6 0 0%
5 2 8.70%
4 or less 1 4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2017, 09:11 AM   #31
Impact Rookie
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 706
Re: Redskins 2017-2018 Season Prediction

1) Cooley gave Breeland an A+ in his film breakdown of the Bengals game.

I thought he looked great but to hear a football wizard saying he loved everything he saw on film from him is awesome!

If Breeland becomes his good self again, our secondary looks great!

Plus we know we improved at ILB and added one playmaker at DL in Allen.

So I don't see how our defense is not much better this year.


2) Offense will be ok, Pryor will get his shit together and make some plays, the run game will be at least a little bit improved, O-line will be great when playing 100%, only unknown is will KC calm the F down and play to his full potential ? I think he can, I'll bet he will.

3) IMO the Giants are the most best team of the division, because they have a great D. But they have no running game.
The Cowboys have no secondary, and we will see how long Zeke is suspended, how much it hurts them.
The Eagles improved their roster (the Darby/Matthews trade was good for them IMO) but their O-line still looks pretty weak.

4) All that said, I think we go 10-6.
__________________
Is there another french fan of the redskins?
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-01-2017, 09:21 AM   #32
Special Teams
 
rocnrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 398
Re: Redskins 2017-2018 Season Prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
It's a loser mentality in my book.
Oh please ...I forgot the Redskins Are winners!! Anybody who is a true fan and actually follows this team (read the pages and pages of negative dribble over the way the Skins have handled Cousins contract) knows full well this team aint going nowhere ..and if you want to drink the kool aid and believe..Go ahead! Im tired of pulling for a product that in the end just disappoints ..so Yes I will watch the games but this year is different I took off my rose colored glasses and will watch with my big boy pants on and have a backup plan (like DVR the games and not sit inside yelling at the TV driving myself insane) COULD they win 10 games I guess anything is possible but don't be surprised if they don't win half of that. Glad to see you guys are so positive about the playoff run....If they can start with 3 wins in a row then I may start to take notice..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 09:41 AM   #33
Impact Rookie
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 706
Re: Redskins 2017-2018 Season Prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
Oh please ...I forgot the Redskins Are winners!! Anybody who is a true fan and actually follows this team (read the pages and pages of negative dribble over the way the Skins have handled Cousins contract) knows full well this team aint going nowhere ..and if you want to drink the kool aid and believe..Go ahead! Im tired of pulling for a product that in the end just disappoints ..so Yes I will watch the games but this year is different I took off my rose colored glasses and will watch with my big boy pants on and have a backup plan (like DVR the games and not sit inside yelling at the TV driving myself insane) COULD they win 10 games I guess anything is possible but don't be surprised if they don't win half of that. Glad to see you guys are so positive about the playoff run....If they can start with 3 wins in a row then I may start to take notice..
It's the NFL, anything can happen. Except I'd say for the first time in a long time we've had a solid team, back to back winning seasons, we're not the Patriots but we're not the Jets either.

We're among the 20 teams that are a few good plays away from going 11 and 5, and a few bad plays away from going 6 and 10.

Predicting where we'll land between this and that is pretty much impossible, but as a fan I see no reason to believe we can't achieve.

The pieces are there. That was not the case in 2009, 2010 or 2011.
__________________
Is there another french fan of the redskins?
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 09:56 AM   #34
The Starter
 
calia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Woodside, CA
Age: 49
Posts: 1,543
Re: Redskins 2017-2018 Season Prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
It's the NFL, anything can happen. Except I'd say for the first time in a long time we've had a solid team, back to back winning seasons, we're not the Patriots but we're not the Jets either.



We're among the 20 teams that are a few good plays away from going 11 and 5, and a few bad plays away from going 6 and 10.



Predicting where we'll land between this and that is pretty much impossible, but as a fan I see no reason to believe we can't achieve.



The pieces are there. That was not the case in 2009, 2010 or 2011.


Good post. Agreed.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"Coach, what do you think of your team's execution?"
"I'm all for it." -- Coach McKay
calia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 10:27 AM   #35
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 44
Posts: 89,090
Re: Redskins 2017-2018 Season Prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
Oh please ...I forgot the Redskins Are winners!! Anybody who is a true fan and actually follows this team (read the pages and pages of negative dribble over the way the Skins have handled Cousins contract) knows full well this team aint going nowhere ..and if you want to drink the kool aid and believe..Go ahead! Im tired of pulling for a product that in the end just disappoints ..so Yes I will watch the games but this year is different I took off my rose colored glasses and will watch with my big boy pants on and have a backup plan (like DVR the games and not sit inside yelling at the TV driving myself insane) COULD they win 10 games I guess anything is possible but don't be surprised if they don't win half of that. Glad to see you guys are so positive about the playoff run....If they can start with 3 wins in a row then I may start to take notice..


Spare me with the true fan BS. If it makes you feel better to keep your expectations unreasonably low have at it.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 11:30 AM   #36
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 50
Posts: 14,814
Re: Redskins 2017-2018 Season Prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
Oh please ...I forgot the Redskins Are winners!! Anybody who is a true fan and actually follows this team (read the pages and pages of negative dribble over the way the Skins have handled Cousins contract) knows full well this team aint going nowhere ..and if you want to drink the kool aid and believe..Go ahead! Im tired of pulling for a product that in the end just disappoints ..so Yes I will watch the games but this year is different I took off my rose colored glasses and will watch with my big boy pants on and have a backup plan (like DVR the games and not sit inside yelling at the TV driving myself insane) COULD they win 10 games I guess anything is possible but don't be surprised if they don't win half of that. Glad to see you guys are so positive about the playoff run....If they can start with 3 wins in a row then I may start to take notice..
We all are Redskins fans here, that's not the point. And we all have seen them snatch defeat from the jaws of victory many times. But the team was in contention 3 of the past 4 years, and I expect (without the koolaid thank you) that they will be in contention this year with a slightly better D, and possibly a slightly worse offense (though I personally don't think so).

Bottomline there is no reason to think they will suddenly tank the whole season, any more then there is reason to believe they are going to go 19 and 0.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 11:45 AM   #37
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 44
Posts: 89,090
Re: Redskins 2017-2018 Season Prediction

Top five offense and the D has to be better than last year simply because of how bad they were. The doom and gloom is just... odd.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 11:54 AM   #38
Impact Rookie
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 706
Re: Redskins 2017-2018 Season Prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Top five offense and the D has to be better than last year simply because of how bad they were. The doom and gloom is just... odd.
But man haven't you watched PRESEASON ?!! Didn't you see how bad we're going to be?


__________________
Is there another french fan of the redskins?
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 02:04 PM   #39
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Age: 30
Posts: 20,145
Re: Redskins 2017-2018 Season Prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Top five offense and the D has to be better than last year simply because of how bad they were. The doom and gloom is just... odd.
I think losing Mcvay will be harder than some think, but overall the offense will still be a good unit. Top 5? IDK but Id say top 12 for sure
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 02:12 PM   #40
Impact Rookie
 
metalskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 643
Re: Redskins 2017-2018 Season Prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I think losing Mcvay will be harder than some think, but overall the offense will still be a good unit. Top 5? IDK but Id say top 12 for sure
Part of me thinks this, and then the other part of me says that Mcvay had only been a playcaller for a short while. Jay has been doing it for years. I think we will be OK in that department. My hope is a more well balanced offense.
__________________
Reserved for a witty signature.
metalskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 02:19 PM   #41
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Age: 30
Posts: 20,145
Re: Redskins 2017-2018 Season Prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
Part of me thinks this, and then the other part of me says that Mcvay had only been a playcaller for a short while. Jay has been doing it for years. I think we will be OK in that department. My hope is a more well balanced offense.
yeah we have to run the ball if we want to get to the playoffs, and stop the run.. I'm more worried about that than anything. Kirk will have another good yr, probably around 3800 yards and 25 tds 13 ints.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 02:29 PM   #42
Special Teams
 
insane4theskinsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 138
Re: Redskins 2017-2018 Season Prediction

5-11,6-10 with luck.
he wont do it,but i,d keep sudfeld over mccoy cause he can get better,mccoy wont.also need to keep marley,he always finds the play,cant teach that.
insane4theskinsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 02:43 PM   #43
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 50
Posts: 14,814
Re: Redskins 2017-2018 Season Prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane4theskinsi View Post
5-11,6-10 with luck.
he wont do it,but i,d keep sudfeld over mccoy cause he can get better,mccoy wont.also need to keep marley,he always finds the play,cant teach that.
I don't like Luck either, but he would probably get us more than 6 wins.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 03:12 PM   #44
Camp Scrub
 
SkinsFanChris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 17
Re: Redskins 2017-2018 Season Prediction

6-10.

Kirk Cousins is still staring down receivers and missing open ones, Jordan Reed will miss a quarter of the season, leaving #8 looking clueless with him off the field for those games, Fat Rob won't be anything special, Mack Brown had no issues running behind the O'Line last night but Perine mustered 3 yds on 5 carries, not drinking the kool-aid on him, the defense will go from 28th ranked last year, to 20th, Jonathan Allen hasn't done much (did I miss something?), etc.

Not overreacting to pre-season, and despite what everyone says, I think pre-season is some sort of precursor to how the season will go. Really don't think we can dismiss everything we did bad because it's "only preseason" and then turn around and praise all of the good things done during preseason.
SkinsFanChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 03:24 PM   #45
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 50
Posts: 14,814
Re: Redskins 2017-2018 Season Prediction

So does the NE 1-3 mark in preseason make you presume that they will be 6-10?
Or that Cleveland's 4-0 mark means they are superbowl bound?
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.12292 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25