Warpath  

Home | Forums | Shop | Donate




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Final Roster

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2017, 07:38 PM   #91
The Starter
 
Irrefutable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,069
Re: Final Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane4theskinsi View Post
Cravens is the person who has to live his life after football.if he feels the need to retire,god bless him.
i wonder how long sudfeld stays on the eagles practice squad?
Sudfeld will last about 1 week with the Eagles..... I assume he sings for his check. (plays etc.)
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-03-2017, 08:10 PM   #92
Special Teams
 
rocnrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 398
Re: Final Roster

The video of him talking to Compton on sidelines was crazy..He sounds like he is searching for something..Hope he finds it..dang thats a lot of money he is walking away from.
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 08:54 PM   #93
Registered User
 
FlyerSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Greater Detroit area
Age: 47
Posts: 491
Re: Final Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Really?
Nobody on this thread called him bad names or even said he was a quitter. A lot of folks bashed him on ESPN, but didn't call him any bad names, just questioned his heart. Did people post some really bad stuff and had the posts removed? Update: Yeah I went back farther in the thread, and someone did go ape shit. Didn't know the Sua discussion went back another page.
FlyerSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 09:03 PM   #94
The Starter
 
calia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Woodside, CA
Age: 49
Posts: 1,543
Re: Final Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerSkin View Post
Nobody on this thread called him bad names or even said he was a quitter. A lot of folks bashed him on ESPN, but didn't call him any bad names, just questioned his heart. Did people post some really bad stuff and had the posts removed? Update: Yeah I went back farther in the thread, and someone did go ape shit.


Uh, yes that happened. Look back. I'll assume you just missed it.

FWIW (and that may not be much), it incredibly frustrating to hear this news at all and the timing makes it worse. But who knows what the guy is dealing with? If he's going to retire for health reasons, I wish him well. If he comes back, I'll root for him. In the meantime, ill root for the next man up and hope he exceeds expectations.

If it does turn out that Cravens has no health issue and this is a guy with little heart for the game, while it sucks and I hate wasting this pick and won't be buying him a beer at a bar anytime soon, no sense flipping out about it. Plenty of guys will want to fill his shoes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"Coach, what do you think of your team's execution?"
"I'm all for it." -- Coach McKay
calia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 09:16 PM   #95
The Starter
 
DYoungJelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Clintwood, VA
Posts: 1,047
Re: Final Roster

It is his life. That being said, the only gripe is the timing. The team was really counting on him to take a big step forward.

Who knows if it is selfishness or immaturity or simply a late epiphany, but i would bet he had similar feelings last year when he didn't play through injury. If he voiced the feelings then and the team didn't account for that, it is a totally different situation as far as blame goes.
__________________
I'm tired of these monkey fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane!
DYoungJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 09:44 PM   #96
Impact Rookie
 
Bangee7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Pa
Posts: 692
Re: Final Roster

The timing definitely sucks...so he waits until other guys are cut to make his decision?

screw that.
Bangee7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 11:48 PM   #97
Gamebreaker
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 29
Posts: 13,457
Re: Final Roster

I can't fault Cravens for thinking of his personal well-being. Football isn't worth your life. But his timing is real shitty. If you're contemplating, do it during the offseason so we can add it to the list of needs. The week before the season starts is probably the worst time to do it. I forget who said it (my apologies), but I agree with the statement. If he comes back, it's just temporary. You can't rely on a guy who's not committed. Maybe he comes back, rides out the season. But it will end in 3 ways. 1. (highest odds) he gets cut or traded. 2. (50/50) he retires. 3 (lowest odds) he fully commits to playing football and has a long and fulfilling career with us.

If he does retire, so be it. I see this as the start of something commonplace. Now that players know the risks, more and more will be willing to walk away from the game to preserve the rest of their life. Meeting players at the HOF made something very obvious to me. The mashed fingers, the joint pain, some of them can barely walk, or lift their arms, not to mention the threat of CTE. Players might make a lot of money, but they sacrifice their bodies for the rest of their lives, some more than others. For some the money won't be worth it. I can't fault them for that.
__________________
State of the Redskins 2017
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 11:55 PM   #98
Registered User
 
FlyerSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Greater Detroit area
Age: 47
Posts: 491
Re: Final Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
Uh, yes that happened. Look back. I'll assume you just missed it.

FWIW (and that may not be much), it incredibly frustrating to hear this news at all and the timing makes it worse. But who knows what the guy is dealing with? If he's going to retire for health reasons, I wish him well. If he comes back, I'll root for him. In the meantime, ill root for the next man up and hope he exceeds expectations.

If it does turn out that Cravens has no health issue and this is a guy with little heart for the game, while it sucks and I hate wasting this pick and won't be buying him a beer at a bar anytime soon, no sense flipping out about it. Plenty of guys will want to fill his shoes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I looked back an extra page and missed the zinger. I did update my post to say I was wrong and found the "zinger". I can't blame Sua and I can see he is frustrated and/or torn so I wouldn't rip on him. This is bad news for the team and with a really vanilla preseason, this might not bode well for the season. I forgot that he still had vision problems from the concussion he had last season. Being reminded of that, I am surprised he didn't call it quits sooner. Life is more precious than any sport. Hopefully he isn't a party animal and has plenty of $$$$$$ to start a new life if he does decide to hang it up.
FlyerSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 03:00 AM   #99
Impact Rookie
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 706
Re: Final Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerSkin View Post
Yeah, I looked back an extra page and missed the zinger. I did update my post to say I was wrong and found the "zinger". I can't blame Sua and I can see he is frustrated and/or torn so I wouldn't rip on him. This is bad news for the team and with a really vanilla preseason, this might not bode well for the season. I forgot that he still had vision problems from the concussion he had last season. Being reminded of that, I am surprised he didn't call it quits sooner. Life is more precious than any sport. Hopefully he isn't a party animal and has plenty of $$$$$$ to start a new life if he does decide to hang it up.
I thought that was just a "joke" he made on social medias...

Can't find anything recent about it.

Did I miss something?
__________________
Is there another french fan of the redskins?
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 04:53 AM   #100
Registered User
 
FlyerSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Greater Detroit area
Age: 47
Posts: 491
Re: Final Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
I thought that was just a "joke" he made on social medias...

Can't find anything recent about it.

Did I miss something?
It was a joke? A lot of folks thought it was real. Including me.
FlyerSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 05:31 AM   #101
Impact Rookie
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 706
Re: Final Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerSkin View Post
It was a joke? A lot of folks thought it was real. Including me.
Well, not exactly a joke but he posted he would have to ware glasses for the rest of his life while it was only for a short rehab:

Report: Source denies Su'a Cravens impaired vision claims

Su’a Cravens’ vision problem clarified by Washington coach Jay Gruden


Can't find anything more recent on that matter.
__________________
Is there another french fan of the redskins?
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 07:49 AM   #102
Impact Rookie
 
Bangee7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Pa
Posts: 692
Re: Final Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Well, not exactly a joke but he posted he would have to ware glasses for the rest of his life while it was only for a short rehab:

Report: Source denies Su'a Cravens impaired vision claims

Su’a Cravens’ vision problem clarified by Washington coach Jay Gruden


Can't find anything more recent on that matter.
yeah, that whole incident was bizarre...I thought he was just being a social media drama queen. A lot of these kids are "all about me" now-a-days.

Can't go 15 minutes without talking about themselves.
Bangee7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 08:08 AM   #103
Special Teams
 
rocnrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 398
Re: Final Roster

time to move on ..another strike on the redskins draft and Front office..did they not know about his wanting to quit in college that would have been a red flag.cant blame Him if he wants out of football .its his life..what gets me is all NFL teams put so much stock into measurables ..40 times,bench press etc..There is no test for the LOVE of the game.Great players have the IT factor that can't be measured.
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 08:39 AM   #104
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 35
Posts: 18,664
Re: Final Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I can't fault Cravens for thinking of his personal well-being. Football isn't worth your life. But his timing is real shitty. If you're contemplating, do it during the offseason so we can add it to the list of needs. The week before the season starts is probably the worst time to do it. I forget who said it (my apologies), but I agree with the statement. If he comes back, it's just temporary. You can't rely on a guy who's not committed. Maybe he comes back, rides out the season. But it will end in 3 ways. 1. (highest odds) he gets cut or traded. 2. (50/50) he retires. 3 (lowest odds) he fully commits to playing football and has a long and fulfilling career with us.

If he does retire, so be it. I see this as the start of something commonplace. Now that players know the risks, more and more will be willing to walk away from the game to preserve the rest of their life. Meeting players at the HOF made something very obvious to me. The mashed fingers, the joint pain, some of them can barely walk, or lift their arms, not to mention the threat of CTE. Players might make a lot of money, but they sacrifice their bodies for the rest of their lives, some more than others. For some the money won't be worth it. I can't fault them for that.
Totally agree that this is something we're going to see a lot more. I wonder if eventually you'll see players sign, then retire after a season because they got a decent little payday.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 09:32 AM   #105
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 40
Posts: 18,616
Re: Final Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangee7 View Post
The timing definitely sucks...so he waits until other guys are cut to make his decision?

screw that.
Exactly. They he pulls up his core part of the team on a group text...why face go face these days...and when they inquiry what's going on/how can they help...he gives them the very a polite fuck off aka peace out.

Fuck this guy
__________________
I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. Stephen Covey
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.10889 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25