Warpath  

Home | Forums | Shop | Donate




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Ugly week 1 again... Post game thread.

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2017, 11:53 AM   #136
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: close to the edge
Posts: 4,747
Re: Ugly week 1 again... Post game thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by btfoom View Post
I wonder why more folks here aren't as upset as I am that Gruden called that TO with about one minute to go in the first half. The Skins were winning and the Eagles had a 3rd and long in their own half.
It was 3rd and 10 with 1:04 mins left on the clock and the Eagles had the ball on their 25 yard line ... Im guessing he had faith that our D could get a stop. Its not like the Eagles were on their 45 yard line.

More upset the Eagles were able to convert and go down the field to set up a FG attempt. More upset we are continuing the trend of not getting stops on 3rd and longs and letting TEs rack up numbers on us.
__________________
Life is brutal, but beautiful
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-12-2017, 11:59 AM   #137
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 40
Posts: 18,616
Re: Ugly week 1 again... Post game thread.

god im sick of talking about this crap....going to the boob thread. peace
__________________
I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. Stephen Covey
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:08 PM   #138
Playmaker
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 4,155
Re: Ugly week 1 again... Post game thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
The idea of having the Skins become a running team just isn't relevant in the modern NFL. Its not that running is unimportant but its passing that's most important now and the top salaries reflect that. However the Skins move the chains doesn't matter but they have to get better at making that happen.
Then why does Coach Gruden tell us every week that "We have to run the ball better"?

That's "have to", as in need to, run the ball better.

Being able to run the ball on 1st down, short yardage, and to close out games does not make a team a running team. Just a balanced one.
__________________
You Like That!
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:26 PM   #139
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 44
Posts: 89,090
Re: Ugly week 1 again... Post game thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by btfoom View Post
The problem is that when you ask to be paid like the top in the profession, you are expected to play like the top in the profession. He again showed that he is not in - or anyway near - the top in the league.



I wonder why more folks here aren't as upset as I am that Gruden called that TO with about one minute to go in the first half. The Skins were winning and the Eagles had a 3rd and long in their own half. Let them run out the clock - not like the Skins offense was just running up and down the field - and get out of there with a lead. Instead, TO, Eagles make first down, score on last play of half. That was a heartbreaker, especially considering the Skins had to kick right back to them.


Do you think Stafford is the best QB right now? It's all about timing when you hit the market, not if you're the best or not. One game doesn't decide your value.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:59 PM   #140
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: close to the edge
Posts: 4,747
Re: Ugly week 1 again... Post game thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
god im sick of talking about this crap....going to the boob thread. peace
__________________
Life is brutal, but beautiful
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 01:24 PM   #141
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 18,261
Re: Ugly week 1 again... Post game thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Do you think Stafford is the best QB right now? It's all about timing when you hit the market, not if you're the best or not. One game doesn't decide your value.
One game doesn't decide your value, unfortunately for Kirk, he has played poorly in two very high profile games: the Giants game that could have taken the team to the playoffs and the season opener after he turned down a pretty fair offer by the team.

Kirk has a season to show that he deserves the highest contract at the end of the season based on market value. If he continues to be a slow starting QB, whose ceiling is 8-8/9-7, he's not going to get it.

People will continue to hold both Kirk and the team to the lack of a long-term contract. If Kirk had been lights out on Sunday, people here would be screaming at the team for screwing things up.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 01:34 PM   #142
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 44
Posts: 89,090
Re: Ugly week 1 again... Post game thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
One game doesn't decide your value, unfortunately for Kirk, he has played poorly in two very high profile games: the Giants game that could have taken the team to the playoffs and the season opener after he turned down a pretty fair offer by the team.



Kirk has a season to show that he deserves the highest contract at the end of the season based on market value. If he continues to be a slow starting QB, whose ceiling is 8-8/9-7, he's not going to get it.



People will continue to hold both Kirk and the team to the lack of a long-term contract. If Kirk had been lights out on Sunday, people here would be screaming at the team for screwing things up.

I kind of doubt the reaction in favor of him getting a deal would be nearly as strong. Sort of how when we win the forum can be rather quiet, opposed to the shit hitting the fan after any loss.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 01:42 PM   #143
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 44
Posts: 89,090
Re: Ugly week 1 again... Post game thread.

Next time he throws for 300 yards and 3 TDs I'll definitely be sure to rev up the show him the money train lol

If you looked closely enough at Stafford there were plenty of reasons to justify not paying him too, but in the end if you have a good QB you have to pay him, there's this fallacy that only the top few guys should get paid, it just doesn't work that way anymore
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 02:08 PM   #144
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 18,261
Re: Ugly week 1 again... Post game thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Next time he throws for 300 yards and 3 TDs I'll definitely be sure to rev up the show him the money train lol

If you looked closely enough at Stafford there were plenty of reasons to justify not paying him too, but in the end if you have a good QB you have to pay him, there's this fallacy that only the top few guys should get paid, it just doesn't work that way anymore
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 02:14 PM   #145
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Age: 30
Posts: 20,145
Re: Ugly week 1 again... Post game thread.

Lets hope that next time is Sunday afternoon, and we win the damn game
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 02:19 PM   #146
Impact Rookie
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 706
Re: Ugly week 1 again... Post game thread.

Just finished watching the game.

Everything has been said here.

I'll just add our defense could look really solid if they simply improve their tackling: how many sacks would we have had, had they just wrapped Wentz up ?

I really think Manusky is bringing a new philosophy to this D, guys like Preston Smith, Breeland, Fuller and even Kerrigan are already showing better versions of themselves.
Playcalling also looks better, more pressure, and creative blitzes.

Even McGee showed up in this game.

Now offense needs to step it up.
__________________
Is there another french fan of the redskins?
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 02:23 PM   #147
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Age: 30
Posts: 20,145
Re: Ugly week 1 again... Post game thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Just finished watching the game.

Everything has been said here.

I'll just add our defense could look really solid if they simply improve their tackling: how many sacks would we have had, had they just wrapped Wentz up ?

I really think Manusky is bringing a new philosophy to this D, guys like Preston Smith, Breeland, Fuller and even Kerrigan are already showing better versions of themselves.
Playcalling also looks better, more pressure, and creative blitzes.

Even McGee showed up in this game.

Now offense needs to step it up.

Good thing is , we know Sean's offense... Now we need to get to goff and luckily the rams OL isn't anything to brag about.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 02:42 PM   #148
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,865
Re: Ugly week 1 again... Post game thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Then why does Coach Gruden tell us every week that "We have to run the ball better"?

That's "have to", as in need to, run the ball better.

Being able to run the ball on 1st down, short yardage, and to close out games does not make a team a running team. Just a balanced one.
He says that because they cant run the ball at all. Good teams can run the ball when they have to.

A team doesn't need to be balanced they just need to be able to move the chains. However they do that is unimportant.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 02:47 PM   #149
Gamebreaker
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 13,070
Re: Ugly week 1 again... Post game thread.

I've already resigned myself to this being a terrible football season and it's already looking that way. ECU Pirates suck balls. Two starters on FF are out for year in first week. Redskins offense looks like pure trash. Not expecting much really.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 02:51 PM   #150
Gamebreaker
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 13,070
Re: Ugly week 1 again... Post game thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangee7 View Post
All the poor play we saw in pre-season really did carry over to the season.

This is my biggest issue with these "player coaches" that have lax training camps. I'm more about discipline. No you don't have to be a raging asshole, but discipline is needed more than what we display.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.11588 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25