Warpath  

Home | Forums | Shop | Donate




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Around the NFL Week 2.

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2017, 11:48 AM   #61
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 50
Posts: 14,891
Re: Around the NFL Week 2.

in the 2nd quarter with 3:30 minutes left Eli was under pressure, and just collapsed. He wasn't touched, he went down on his own. My son and I watched it several times in slow motion. He's a big Eli fan, and just blamed the line period, but Eli absolutely just dropped.

I tried to cue the play up, but never know with NFL vids
edit: you will have to watch on youtube. the play happens at the 4:30 mark on the video.


He did that against Dallas too where he would collapse when he felt pressure. I don't think he used to, but he definitely is an easy sack this year.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-19-2017, 12:16 PM   #62
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 40
Posts: 18,855
Re: Around the NFL Week 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
No they aren't bad ,they stink,if this proves anything it proves the Giants must dump Reese! But I will say those Defense's are better than thought.
McAdoo sounded bad throwing Eli under the bus...not a good look. There is no question about it.

Brandon Marshall is done...he looking effing terrible and he doesn't care anymore. Why not invest in the RB position or Oline instead of getting Marshall? Makes no sense
__________________
I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. Stephen Covey
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 12:17 PM   #63
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 50
Posts: 14,891
Re: Around the NFL Week 2.

Interesting article, but given my general disdain for Yahoo "news" I would not be surprised if it comes out he was paid by the NFL to give voice to this piece.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/im-brai...135727314.html
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 12:26 PM   #64
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 18,342
Re: Around the NFL Week 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Interesting article, but given my general disdain for Yahoo "news" I would not be surprised if it comes out he was paid by the NFL to give voice to this piece.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/im-brai...135727314.html
I think NFL PR would not be too happy about this line:

"There are also cases of opioid overdose deaths where the brains show signs of early aging, including tau accumulation."

Opioids are not as big of an issue in the NFL as are concussions, but there have been some rumblings about its use by teams and the health consequences. This has also been brought up by former players advocating to use alternatives (such as medicinal marijuana).
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 01:22 PM   #65
MVP
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 11,782
Re: Around the NFL Week 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
No they aren't bad ,they stink,if this proves anything it proves the Giants must dump Reese! But I will say those Defense's are better than thought.
Can't blame Tom Coughlin this time.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 03:46 PM   #66
The Starter
 
WillH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,261
Re: Around the NFL Week 2.

Just looking at the power rankings ( I know, I know . . . Why?) and they're such crap. Dallas gets jocked no matter what. SMH

Anyways, this is from ESPNs on the Redskins (17th up from 24th):

"Washington can be a force when its rushing attack gets going. Over the past three seasons, the Redskins are 15-2-1 when rushing for at least 90 yards as a team (3-13 when they don't). The 229 rushing yards Sunday against the Rams were Washington's second most in that span."

That stat is, Wow ... just wow!

So, if Thompson, Perine, and Brown (while Kelly is out) can keep this going, it looks like we can overcome our struggles at WR.
__________________
You like that! You like that!
WillH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 04:13 PM   #67
Gamebreaker
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 29
Posts: 13,576
Re: Around the NFL Week 2.

Robert Griffin III says former Washington Redskins teammate Santana Moss lied about QB taking credit for Mike Shanahan firing in 2013

This is pretty hilarious. Idc about looking bad in the media on this one, we already look bad for the whole RG3 fiasco. I'm glad we drafted Kirk, otherwise it could be a hell of a lot worse.
__________________
State of the Redskins 2017
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 07:54 AM   #68
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 6,272
Re: Around the NFL Week 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Can't blame Tom Coughlin this time.
Find one post I ever did?
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:03 AM   #69
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 6,272
Re: Around the NFL Week 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
McAdoo sounded bad throwing Eli under the bus...not a good look. There is no question about it.

Brandon Marshall is done...he looking effing terrible and he doesn't care anymore. Why not invest in the RB position or Oline instead of getting Marshall? Makes no sense
I'm still not sure on McAdoo but Jerry Reese should be fired right now ,this week!The O line has been Eli's problem now for three years and as you can see he is gun shy now ,he hears people coming when they aren't,the run game has suffered as much as Eli has but with all that said Eli fuck up down on the one and letting the play clock run out.The Defense needs to wake up too, piss poor tackling ,same thing on special teams ....it's freaking fundamentals.The pass rush is there but we have no linebackers,none .McAdoo's play calling was absolutely some of the worst I have ever seen.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:05 AM   #70
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 6,272
Re: Around the NFL Week 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
in the 2nd quarter with 3:30 minutes left Eli was under pressure, and just collapsed. He wasn't touched, he went down on his own. My son and I watched it several times in slow motion. He's a big Eli fan, and just blamed the line period, but Eli absolutely just dropped.

I tried to cue the play up, but never know with NFL vids
edit: you will have to watch on youtube. the play happens at the 4:30 mark on the video.


He did that against Dallas too where he would collapse when he felt pressure. I don't think he used to, but he definitely is an easy sack this year.
Doesn't come up but yeah he did it,I saw it.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:16 AM   #71
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 44
Posts: 89,201
Re: Around the NFL Week 2.

I honestly don't fault Eli there, he knows he's not going to escape so why risk taking a big hit. QBs take sacks all the time.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 09:13 AM   #72
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 50
Posts: 14,891
Re: Around the NFL Week 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I honestly don't fault Eli there, he knows he's not going to escape so why risk taking a big hit. QBs take sacks all the time.
On the Dallas sacks I agree, but this one, had he stayed up there was space for him to run or pass. He might even have scrambled for the first down, there was that much open space in front of him. (I know open space closes fast in the NFL)
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 09:16 AM   #73
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 40
Posts: 18,855
Re: Around the NFL Week 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Robert Griffin III says former Washington Redskins teammate Santana Moss lied about QB taking credit for Mike Shanahan firing in 2013

This is pretty hilarious. Idc about looking bad in the media on this one, we already look bad for the whole RG3 fiasco. I'm glad we drafted Kirk, otherwise it could be a hell of a lot worse.
Florio posted like 3 articles about this bs yesterday...didn't click on one
__________________
I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. Stephen Covey
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 09:17 AM   #74
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 40
Posts: 18,855
Re: Around the NFL Week 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I honestly don't fault Eli there, he knows he's not going to escape so why risk taking a big hit. QBs take sacks all the time.
Yeah I do...the only solution I can see for the Giants is to trade for Andrew Luck.
__________________
I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. Stephen Covey
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 03:51 PM   #75
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 6,272
Re: Around the NFL Week 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Yeah I do...the only solution I can see for the Giants is to trade for Andrew Luck.



I see you are doing your trump impersonation!
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.09689 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25