Warpath  

Home | Forums | Shop | Donate




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


The Trent Williams/Hogs 2.0 Thread

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2017, 03:00 PM   #1
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 22,767
The Trent Williams/Hogs 2.0 Thread

Mark Chichester‏
@chichester_mark
7h7 hours ago
More
Trent Williams has been playing with a torn tendon in his knee for most of the season, yet he's the only offensive tackle in the league who has played more than 350 pass-blocking snaps without allowing a sack. #Redskins #PFF #HTTR


I saw this pop up earlier and was thinking, this guy deserves his own thread.

First off he's a massive tough SOB that never wants to take a play or game off.

He's playing with basically 1 LEG and is dominating the best pass rushers from every team.

Before his injury and missed time, he had an overall grade of 92 from PFF ranking him the best LT in the league.

The guy is well on his way to being a HOFer, and possibly the best LT in Redskins history if he keeps this pace.

We can discuss the OL in general here too, which I think is very good and will be just fine now that Chase is showing signs of being a good C.

Pro Football Focus Believes Chase Roullier Will Become An NFL Starter

We really just need a LG and we could be a Dallas type OL.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-13-2017, 03:07 PM   #2
The Starter
 
metalskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,197
Re: The Trent Williams/Hogs 2.0 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Mark Chichester‏
@chichester_mark
7h7 hours ago
More
Trent Williams has been playing with a torn tendon in his knee for most of the season, yet he's the only offensive tackle in the league who has played more than 350 pass-blocking snaps without allowing a sack. #Redskins #PFF #HTTR


I saw this pop up earlier and was thinking, this guy deserves his own thread.

First off he's a massive tough SOB that never wants to take a play or game off.

He's playing with basically 1 LEG and is dominating the best pass rushers from every team.

Before his injury and missed time, he had an overall grade of 92 from PFF ranking him the best LT in the league.

The guy is well on his way to being a HOFer, and possibly the best LT in Redskins history if he keeps this pace.

We can discuss the OL in general here too, which I think is very good and will be just fine now that Chase is showing signs of being a good C.

Pro Football Focus Believes Chase Roullier Will Become An NFL Starter

We really just need a LG and we could be a Dallas type OL.
This is one position I feel like we've really done well with. For years we had Chris Samuels, then Trent Williams. Trent is definitely a Hall of Famer in my book. Consistently makes the Pro Bowl every year as well. It's a crime that the rest of the offensive line is usually not anywhere close to his talent level. Hopefully it's getting there with Schreff and Moses.
__________________
Reserved for a witty signature.
metalskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 03:13 PM   #3
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 22,767
Re: The Trent Williams/Hogs 2.0 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
This is one position I feel like we've really done well with. For years we had Chris Samuels, then Trent Williams. Trent is definitely a Hall of Famer in my book. Consistently makes the Pro Bowl every year as well. It's a crime that the rest of the offensive line is usually not anywhere close to his talent level. Hopefully it's getting there with Schreff and Moses.
Yeah I will say generally we hit it big with OL.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 03:59 PM   #4
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 90,418
Re: The Trent Williams/Hogs 2.0 Thread

These plays sum up how much of a beast he is, even on a bum knee he's the best in the biz

https://twitter.com/KP_Show/status/940682126403530752
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 04:02 PM   #5
The Starter
 
metalskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,197
Re: The Trent Williams/Hogs 2.0 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
These plays sum up how much of a beast he is, even on a bum knee he's the best in the biz

https://twitter.com/KP_Show/status/940682126403530752
The dude has heart. He has passion, and he takes his job seriously. I don't care if he likes the occasional grass, let him smoke all he wants for all I care. If the rest of the offensive line can't learn something from Trent Williams, then they don't need to be playing next to him. The dude is a soldier.
__________________
Reserved for a witty signature.
metalskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 04:12 PM   #6
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 22,767
Re: The Trent Williams/Hogs 2.0 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
These plays sum up how much of a beast he is, even on a bum knee he's the best in the biz

https://twitter.com/KP_Show/status/940682126403530752
Bob Stoops former OU coach said "TW is the best athlete I've ever coached" during his rookie season, this is y.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 04:21 PM   #7
Gamebreaker
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Posts: 14,228
Re: The Trent Williams/Hogs 2.0 Thread

I still don't think Trent gets the love he deserves around the league, he's gotten a little more recognition last couple years but he's still not mentioned like Tyron Smith is. It'll def. hurt his HOF eligibility, which seems to be about name recognition as much as actual play.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 04:28 PM   #8
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 22,767
Re: The Trent Williams/Hogs 2.0 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I still don't think Trent gets the love he deserves around the league, he's gotten a little more recognition last couple years but he's still not mentioned like Tyron Smith is. It'll def. hurt his HOF eligibility, which seems to be about name recognition as much as actual play.
Smith gets more love because he plays for Dallas, he's not as good as TW. Smith is beat way more than Trent ever does.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 09:19 AM   #9
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 22,767
Re: The Trent Williams/Hogs 2.0 Thread

Rookie Chase Roullier has made an impression. He returned to the lineup Sunday and, coach Jay Gruden said, "He's going to be a very good center for a long time here. I love his demeanor. He's got great strength, great lower body strength, and he gets off the ball." In 2018, the Redskins could start Roullier at center and move Spencer Long, if he's re-signed, to left guard. Shawn Lauvao, on injured reserve, has not played well and by season's end will have missed 22 games over three years.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 02:59 PM   #10
Pro Bowl
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 5,006
Re: The Trent Williams/Hogs 2.0 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Rookie Chase Roullier has made an impression. He returned to the lineup Sunday and, coach Jay Gruden said, "He's going to be a very good center for a long time here. I love his demeanor. He's got great strength, great lower body strength, and he gets off the ball." In 2018, the Redskins could start Roullier at center and move Spencer Long, if he's re-signed, to left guard. Shawn Lauvao, on injured reserve, has not played well and by season's end will have missed 22 games over three years.
Tough, smart guys make for good centers.
__________________
What the... That's it! Einhorn is Finkle! Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is a man!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 10:17 PM   #11
Playmaker
 
SouperMeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Leesburg, VA
Posts: 3,400
Re: The Trent Williams/Hogs 2.0 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
These plays sum up how much of a beast he is, even on a bum knee he's the best in the biz

https://twitter.com/KP_Show/status/940682126403530752
Trent is such a freak. We are so lucky to witness his greatness. Here is my favorite Williams play, last year in New York, when he filled in at LG, and took out 2 Giants defenders with a downfield block on a Crowder bubble screen for a TD (at the 1:34 mark of the video) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROR4BVl9sic
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 03:19 AM   #12
The Starter
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 1,348
Re: The Trent Williams/Hogs 2.0 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post
Trent is such a freak. We are so lucky to witness his greatness. Here is my favorite Williams play, last year in New York, when he filled in at LG, and took out 2 Giants defenders with a downfield block on a Crowder bubble screen for a TD (at the 1:34 mark of the video) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROR4BVl9sic
Awesome.
Scherff had a nice swimming pool dive lookalike block on the Bibbs screen TD.
__________________
Is there another french fan of the Redskins?
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 08:19 AM   #13
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 22,767
Re: The Trent Williams/Hogs 2.0 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post
Trent is such a freak. We are so lucky to witness his greatness. Here is my favorite Williams play, last year in New York, when he filled in at LG, and took out 2 Giants defenders with a downfield block on a Crowder bubble screen for a TD (at the 1:34 mark of the video) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROR4BVl9sic
he's my fav player in the league, his toughness and leadership is unmatched.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 11:14 AM   #14
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 15,965
Re: The Trent Williams/Hogs 2.0 Thread

I really like our line, Trent, Roullier, Scherff, and Moses is an excellent set. It would be nice to pick up a strong left guard in the top of the 3rd, plus Nsehke as backup. For all the injuries on the line, we saw solid depth, and could reinforce it in late rounds this year.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.14548 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25